The online racing simulator
Quote from richo :Return of the Walrus!

Not that bad. The Williams Walrus was just fugly. Toyota's look more like a Sabre-Toothed Tiger (only if it actually goes fast).

The Renault looks pretty good at that angle, but those red end-plates make me think, "Ferrari".
Quote from RocksGt :.....

Now there is a whole load of wrongness ! lol
was there a need to quote the images, intrepid?

i like the front of the renault, but from the sidepods back its horrible, that shark fin looks terrible.
omg that Renault is just plain ugly, and yes im talking about the front
Woaah, a bit weird but looks sleek, like they've tried reducing drag to minimum.

Well, everyone does, but those long shapes feel more extreme than the other cars we've seen so far. I mean look at that front with those long sides coming from the nose.
Anyone seen the new williams? Looks the best so far IMO.
I'm less put off than I initially was when I first saw the new wings.

They look a bit odd, too narrow too wide, but I'm not going to let that annoy me. I like that there are still obvious differences between the cars and some parts are great. Particularly the intake section above the driver's head and the trailing edge. I think that part of the McLaren in particular is excellent, and the main bodies of the cars have never looked better imo.

Anyway, my only real concern is that we'll see more wings clipped and nose section replacements than ever before. If we actually get closer racing as a result of these aesthetic setbacks then the odd proportioned wings will soon be forgotten.
William's FW-31

I miss their 06' livery

Movable wing component?
the renault did a good job distracting the viewers with an even uglier livery. heh
Quote from JJ72 :the renault did a good job distracting the viewers with an even uglier livery. heh

The "TOTAL" sticker on the front wing reminds me of the Peugeot 206 WRC car for some reason... maybe because it's red.

:vomit:
The new Renault looks disgusting, especially the new front nose section. I hope the shark fins are banned, I'm suprised they are still allowed, given how much they ruin the look of the car.

The new Williams looks fantastic though.
because "TOTAL" did appear on the 206?
Williams has the best looking car, Renault has the best looking livery.

Also, why on earth are shark fins still allowed?! Its the ugliest winglet ever
That nose on the Renault makes it look like one of the old Espaces

^Looks like some testing with last year's wing...
They're testing with a very high ride height, especially the Mclaren. Maybe it's for a wet setup.
Quote from DaveWS :They're testing with a very high ride height, especially the Mclaren. Maybe it's for a wet setup.

well, it looked like it was raining in the pic...

williams is effin beautiful !
Quote from BenjiMC :
williams is effin beautiful !

What ever u guys are taking I want some, because every car I look at is disgusting so far!

Un-proportioned, over compensated nonsense!

If it improves the racing then I don't have a problem being raced, but to use the words 'beauty'? lol i don't think so. Shakira is beautiful, 09 F1 cars are not

2009 spec. Formula 1 Cars
(667 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG