The online racing simulator
Red Bull looks like a race winner to be honest... Just looks really really good.
Quote from Bean0 :Hows about this for a rumor then (found on another board)...

Doesn't sound too unbelievable to me.

But it would be like Carl Fogerty comming back to World Superbike after he retired, and we all know how that turned out.
Apparently then they need to add radioactive warning sign next to the KERS sign.

Don't worry that's just left over green wash.
All the front wings on this season's cars look like they'll drop off at a touch. So fragile... and big!
Hmm, don't like the small rear spoiler ..
Hmm.. the Williams has an amazing ass
Attached images
IMG_3686.jpg
happy williams.. is happy?
learn to race would've been more appropriate..
Quote from Osco :learn to race would've been more appropriate..

Watch out for Williams. Theyre going for it!

I shat bricks when I saw E.T. with a Darth Vader mask
Quote from deggis :

I shat bricks when I saw E.T. with a Darth Vader mask

lol.... but really looks like that
Yeah those big diffeusers look really cool..
I know that lap times during test sessions can't be relied on too much. But the relative speeds seem VERY consistent at Jerez.

1st day at Jerez:

Vettel Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:22.177 61
Hulkenberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:22.443 82
Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:22.643 58
Piquet Renault (B) 1:23.313 35

2nd day at Jerez:

Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:20.799 110
Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:21.321 83
Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) 1:21.451 125
Piquet Renault (B) 1:21.908 49

3rd day at Jerez:

Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:20.737 93
Vettel Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:20.738 92
Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) 1:20.898 92
Alonso Renault (B) 1:21.307 133

Clearly the McLarens are fastest, but those Red Bulls look dangerously close. Renault seems really lost - Alonso will not be happy.
Red Bull's are race winners for sure. The car LOOKS like a Race Winner tbh..
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
the williams looked like a race winner last year too. You don't know anything until melbourne and the 2nd GP. As I can remember last years form book from winter testing was that Kimi looked the best, with Macca in slight trouble, and a resurgant Williams team. A BMW were gonna win a race on pace as well.

What really happened was Kimi was pants, Mclaren got it sorted, Williams were average at best, and BMW never had enough pace to win a race without huge luck. Also no one else could predict from testing the pace of the Renault in Alonso's hands at times after their winter testing program.

McLaren do seem to trying many odd things that's for sure, something isn't right going on. Or maybe they want to keep some secret wing design secret? HHmm.... doubt that tho with such limited testing

What I do know is that if Toyota will quit if they don't win a race, I suspect they will 'somehow' grab a race victory.
the trouble with testing is you never know if the cars legal or not, eg ferrari have been using an illegal exhaust this year as they didnt have the 2009 regs one available. more seriously in the past teams have run under weight to make the car faster and keep sponsors happy and unlike ferrari's exhaust they don't bother to tell anyone. unless anyone does a long run you cant be 100 % on how heavy is their fuel load either and some teams in the past have run their cars wth full fuel whilst pretending it was light fueled just to hide an advantage they had.

given the new regs and how confident some teams are in the computers doing fluid dynamic calcs i won't be surprised to see a few new wings appearing at the last possible moment
Quote from boosterfire :http://www.formula1.com/photos/597x4...jm0909fe52.jpg

I still think the car viewed from this angle is enough to counter anything people that like the car might say. It is so awful from that angle!

I was dubious about the changes for this season, but i think the car looks ok from this angle tbh

I think the williams looks excellent in this pic:

As someone else has said, fragile looking front wings, should be an entertaining season, depending on the differences in this kers shit.
Don't know if it has been suggested already but instead of quessing who'll win the championship how about quessing if the number of broken front wings be over or under 100 when the season ends?
The KERS system should be interesting.. I've read somewhere a mechanic almost got electrocuted because KERS made the car electrically charged...

2009 spec. Formula 1 Cars
(667 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG