The online racing simulator
That front end was soo shit Williams were never able to recover from it.
they epic failed it because they did it wrong.

it can be more refined that the one williams had. ( right now u should be thinkin... wow this dude has the brain of a teenager... well i am a teenager. and i do think that it can more aerodynamicly efficient than the traditional nose )
Quote from el pibe :they epic failed it because they did it wrong.

it can be more refined that the one williams had. ( right now u should be thinkin... wow this dude has the brain of a teenager... well i am a teenager. and i do think that it can more aerodynamicly efficient than the traditional nose )

They failed becuase they thought of it in the first place, and 5 year old parts never work in F1.

Not even 2 year old parts do.
Quote from Mustafur :They failed becuase they thought of it in the first place, and 5 year old parts never work in F1.

Isn't RBR using an oldstyle rear suspension arrangement which seems to be working pretty well in testing (just testing i know ).
Quote from Intrepid :Isn't RBR using an oldstyle rear suspension arrangement which seems to be working pretty well in testing (just testing i know ).

I should of Said Aerodynamic parts.
What about Mclaren's first attempt at shark fin type aero part years ago that caught on again last year. Toyota, and Renault are continuing with that concept
Quote from Intrepid :What about Mclaren's first attempt at shark fin type aero part years ago that caught on again last year. Toyota, and Renault are continuing with that concept

Um Red bull started that and that was last year so its a 1 year old part.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
I am talking about this concept from yonks ago

However that does incorporate a wing piece.
Quote from Mustafur :They failed becuase they thought of it in the first place, and 5 year old parts never work in F1.

well... williams are tryin to bring back the viking horns concept from mclaren but in a different shape
Quote from Intrepid :I am talking about this concept from yonks ago

However that does incorporate a wing piece.

Tts still different, but very similar.

But its obvious that they would work completely diffferent from the shape.
Quote from el pibe :well... williams are tryin to bring back the viking horns concept from mclaren but in a different shape

Were they even raced with Mclaren?

That and i hardly see williams as a top team anymore.
Quote from Mustafur :Were they even raced with Mclaren?

That and i hardly see williams as a top team anymore.

Yes the wing was raced with Mclaren.

As for Williams, who knows? Back in 76 when Frank Williams was having trouble even getting his cars on the grid, I doubt anyone would have thought 10 years later his cars would be second to none, it can go like that in F1, things that should have succeeded have failed and things that looked hopeless have gone on to dominate. Teams such as Ferrari, Mclaren and Williams have showed us before that they can go through extremely bad times and come out unscathed, however Williams is in financial deep shit as well, so we'll have to see wether the cost cutting helps them survive.
Mclaren and ferrari have never gone through what williams is experincing now, at worst they were high end midfield teams.
Ferrari at a time scored single digit points in all season, 80 and 69 for example, but those were one off bad performances.
Quote from el pibe :they epic failed it because they did it wrong.

All of the aerodynamicists who have a degree and get paid mega money to make a F1 car fast disagree with you. wonder why.
Quote from Mustafur :Mclaren and ferrari have never gone through what williams is experincing now, at worst they were high end midfield teams.

Ferrari were awful for a time after 1990, but got it back together 1995 onwards, plus Ferrari even failed to qualify one car at one GP in 1980, the first few years of the 70s were a bit hit and miss too.

Mclaren didn't have an exactly brilliant time between 1993 and 1997 either, and 77 until around 82 wasn't too great for them either.

Teams can pull out of extremely bad patches, but it can go the other way, wait and see.
Quote from 5haz :Ferrari were awful for a time after 1990, but got it back together 1995 onwards, plus Ferrari even failed to qualify one car at one GP in 1980, the first few years of the 70s were a bit hit and miss too.

Mclaren didn't have an exactly brilliant time between 1993 and 1997 either, and 77 until around 82 wasn't too great for them either.

Teams can pull out of extremely bad patches, but it can go the other way, wait and see.

In the Early to mid 90s both Mclaren and Ferrari were struggling but they were still high up on the Mid Field group.

The funny thing is, as soon as they become good again Williams went down to shit. the periods of 2001- 2003(expecially 03) were the only times all 3 were good at one stage(or maybe in the late 80s as well idk).
Quote from Mustafur :In the Early to mid 90s both Mclaren and Ferrari were struggling but they were still high up on the Mid Field group.

The funny thing is, as soon as they become good again Williams went down to shit. the periods of 2001- 2003(expecially 03) were the only times all 3 were good at one stage(or maybe in the late 80s as well idk).

Williams have gone to crap 3 times because they have lost engine supplies.

For 88, Mclaren somehow managed to take their engine deal from Honda, leaving them to use unreliable non turbo Judds. Then they had the Renault v10 lined up for 1989, leading to them regaining their success, then Renault quit in 1998, knocking them back until they got BMW's engines, leading them to further success until they were dumped and have been lumbered with Toyota Engines ever since.
Williams in 06 was probably the most unrealible car i have seen do a season in the past 10 years.

It did have some pace on it though which was suprising since they were using the no frills Cosworth engines.

But yeah with McLaren and Williams it was all about who was funding them on how good they were, Ferrari are lucky in that sence as they made there own engines and have a huge financal backing from Fiat.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Mercedes withdrawed from Mclaren, Mclaren would go to shit, but if these new cost cutting rules come to play that could be stopped.
Mustafur, I'm starting to wonder if you know ANYTHING about F1 at all.
Quote from Mustafur :Williams in 06 was probably the most unrealible car i have seen do a season in the past 10 years.

It did have some pace on it though which was suprising since they were using the no frills Cosworth engines.

But yeah with McLaren and Williams it was all about who was funding them on how good they were, Ferrari are lucky in that sence as they made there own engines and have a huge financal backing from Fiat.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Mercedes withdrawed from Mclaren, Mclaren would go to shit, but if these new cost cutting rules come to play that could be stopped.

You can't really predict these things properly until they happen, Mercedes aren't the only good engine manufacturer Mclaren could make use of.

Williams just seriously need to ditch those Toyota Engines.
Quote from 5haz :You can't really predict these things properly until they happen, Mercedes aren't the only good engine manufacturer Mclaren could make use of.

Williams just seriously need to ditch those Toyota Engines.

Your forgeting though that its not just the engines, its the huge financal aspect that mercedes give to them, something your forgeting about.
Quote from Mustafur :Your forgeting though that its not just the engines, its the huge financal aspect that mercedes give to them, something your forgeting about.

I'm sure there are other manufactureres who could provide the same, BMW for example, although at the moment they have Sauber in a similar position to how Mercedes has Mclaren.
Quote from 5haz :I'm sure there are other manufactureres who could provide the same, BMW for example, although at the moment they have Sauber in a similar position to how Mercedes has Mclaren.

BMW may give the engines but they won't give them over 100+ million in funding as well(why should they they have there own team), its how it was with BMW williams, williams not only got a good engine deal but crap loads of money and state of the art facilities from them as well.

2009 spec. Formula 1 Cars
(667 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG