The online racing simulator
Looks absolutely great from the side.

I think the McLaren looks more passable because it is slightly fatter in the middle and that kinda diverts the attention slightly away from the fat front wing. Also more aero styling on the rear wing takes away from of the 'blockiness'.

Still not what I would call pretty!
ill reserve judgement until i see a pic from the front but i doubt its anything but a minger
#80 - JJ72
the mclaren's front looks better to me cos it doesn't have a high nose with long front wing pillar "dragging" the massive front wing which seems to be lying on the floor.
Quote from Solidum[NL] :The Mclaren looks very good i have to say. Somehow the wings don't look too bad on this car..

It's because the pictures are taken from higher angle and therefore you can't see them both top of each other which makes them look ridiculous.
Cars are looking pretty nice so far in my opinion, except when you can see the wings proportions.

Just had to say something to get a subscription.
Quote from Shotglass :ill reserve judgement until i see a pic from the front but i doubt its anything but a minger

more pictures here
The McLaren is a bit nicer, it's quite well designed.
Quote from Tezuka :http://i40.tinypic.com/2z6ia2e.jpg

with the wing cut off you still cant really see how ugly the proportions are
Quote from de Souza :Just had to say something to get a subscription.

Noob.
Not sure if I like the McLaren... there's just something about it :/

I think Ferrari looks nicest so far.
Quote from zeugnimod :Thread tools - Subscribe to this thread

Noob.

I knew that feature had to exist.
oh my god that mclaren is absolutely stunning (specially that "1" on the front wing) amazing looks, i love the new cars.

edit - thanks for the avatar Toki
At some point during the season a rear wing will break, and... ... well since it won't change anything in the handling of the car, they'll just move it completely.

It is indeed comically small. The front wing isn't too bad, it just looks a little bit weak... I wouldn't be surprised this year sees a lot of front wing on the road. It is also too large, which will make it even easier to get stuck into other people's rear tires! The cars as a whole would be okay looking if the rear wing was a tad larger, and the front one a tad thinner. Apart from that, the slick tires will probably be fun.

I find it really interesting how they all look from very awful to okay depending on what angle the camera took the picture at. It sees that 3/4 angles sees a bit from overhead are really the worse.
#92 - MR_B
Ferrari Fan being me, i say the McLaren design is the best of all atm
If they make racing more exciting, I'm not complaining.

Ugly + exciting > Pretty + boring

what is interesting to me is the design of the front wings, as i see it there are 3 possabilites regarding their shape

1, the teams aren't bothering with the driver adjust feature
2, the mechanisms are very small so as to not affect air flow

or what in my opinion is most likley

3, the wings at the moment are the usual press conference / launch items, i.e. they're designed to show the sponsors' logos off to their best advantage and to make the car as striking as possible whilst not giving anything away. if so then we can probably expect to see some different looking structures when the serious testing starts.
Quote from DevilDare :nah, mclaren is way sexier than some lithuanian chick

You're too fanatic then. I would give up my Ferrari fanboyism for a chick like that was BTW what are you doing in Lithuania?
Quote from samjh :If they make racing more exciting, I'm not complaining.

Ugly + exciting > Pretty + boring

Very true.

2009 spec. Formula 1 Cars
(667 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG