The online racing simulator
Front wing pylons and endplates are pretty nice though, as is the structure near the radiator inlet ducts.

I wish they'd use a scrubbed set of tyres though. I hate the glossy, polished ones they use for presentations.
Quote from tristancliffe :Because they would be useless. They wouldn't be able to turn the engine over (high compressions)

HA! so at lift-off, when there is no igniction and no injection, which is just like stalled, the race cars high comp. engine is harder to turn, which means eg. more engine-brake force, in comparision to road car?

/victorious face, but ready to facepalm/
I actually like what i've seen so far from the 2009 specs.
Was expecting hideous machines after that BMW interim car, but the Ferrari and the Toyota look pretty okay. Especially like the noses (not front wings) of the cars and the empty body.
If u remove the rear and front wings of the car the actual shapes are pretty. But the 09 cars are like having Shakira's body with Shaquille O'Neal's feet, and Anna Widdecombe's head!
both ferrari and toyota look nice. but i still think ferrari is nicer.
Toyota will be sooo much slower than Ferrari with those mirrors.

Again, very nice apart from front view.
That looks pretty damn sweet, if they just sorted out the rear wing and made it slightly wider these cars would look stunning.
the new toyota is pretty sweet actually

cant wait for McLaren tomorrow

Just in: Kobayashi promoted to race seat - Jarno and Timo will act as winglets under the 2009 regulations.
Quote from v1rg0 :

Just in: Kobayashi promoted to race seat - Jarno and Timo will act as winglets under the 2009 regulations.

i find the pic funny kobayashi lookes photoshopped into the seat little head + low res
Quote from DevilDare :cant wait for McLaren tomorrow

They saw the F60 Ferraris, so they realised they need to work a bit more on the Merc
Quote from Töki (HUN) :They saw the F60 Ferraris, so they realised they need to work a bit more on the Merc

..... wth your on about? Mclaren announced their release date before they saw the f60..
Oh no, not you two again.
Hahahah, I'm just kidding... as the smiley shows. Geez!!

omgomg cant w8 for the friggin mclaren launch!!!
I'm really tempted to try out a helmet cam myself. My camera is probably a bit bulkier than F1 spec though
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm really tempted to try out a helmet cam myself. My camera is probably a bit bulkier than F1 spec though

WHat data system are you going to have? If you use AIM stuff a SmartyCam can plug straight in to your existing system. Alone it logs Gs etc... - http://www.smartycam.com/index_eng.htm
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm really tempted to try out a helmet cam myself. My camera is probably a bit bulkier than F1 spec though

WHat data system are you going to have? If you use AIM stuff a SmartyCam can plug straight in to your excisting system. Stand alone it logs Gs etc... - http://www.smartycam.com/index_eng.htm If u have an aim data system u can overly throttle, and brake traces on the vid I believe
Aim don't make data systems in my opinion. I already the software and datalogging to overlay (nicely) everything on a video. Is mucho niceo.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Coulthard's helmet cam was better.

coulthard helmet cam was rubbish all you could see was the wheel
#73 - DeKo
to all the cynics that were moaning about ferrari "bending rules" with their wing mirror supports, its clearly allowed under the regulations from looking at the toyota aswell.
Doesn't look too bad.

2 Pics:
Attached images
117039.jpg
117040.jpg

2009 spec. Formula 1 Cars
(667 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG