The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z9 (online compatible)
(166 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scatter :Hmm. I've got an 8600GTS. Byku said he had an ATI card and doesn't have it. Anyone else have this bug?
For those who don't see it, it looks like this:

Yeah, i have this annoying thing too. I'm on Club3D Radeon X1950GT.
Quote from hazaky :Hmm, i see difference in graphics. Everything is fine, except 1 thing what happened to me when watching replay of myself in Single Player.

Also sometimes texture size will be so little trough those ... umm ... gate circuit? Soz my english

Edit: Sorry, i forgot to tell that the bug came out in Z8

Seems like your textures are messed up. Download a fresh LFS and upgrade it to Z9.
Quote from Kid222 :I have almost the same problem here. Textures are randomly going wild, horizon and areas surrounding the track are spammed with skin textures and numberplate text from random cars and HUD text looks similar to your screen. But i don't think this is Z8 bug, since on my PC it started in november, when i bought new computer, so i think it's graphics card related problem. Can't reproduce it now, since it's very random, sometimes it never happens and sometimes it pops in after few(more) minutes.

EDIT: example from 24th november Clicky Not that bad here, got also few worse.

Maybe your graphics card memory running out? I *think* that was the problem when it was reported back when Scawen changed the rendering... When it happens again, take a look in the options and see how much VRAM LfS is using at that moment...
if ppl get some proplem and seems to dont want them why they dont go back on Z ?
Quote from lfs-drift staff :if ppl get some proplem and seems to dont want them why they dont go back on Z ?

They can, but the problems could be in later official patches too.
Quote from bbman :Maybe your graphics card memory running out? I *think* that was the problem when it was reported back when Scawen changed the rendering... When it happens again, take a look in the options and see how much VRAM LfS is using at that moment...

I have GF8600 GT 512 RAM (if that's you're talking about) and LFS is using only 50-75 max. Maybe overheating, dunno.

EDIT: not quite, temperatures are in normal.
OOS error (SPR replay)
Patch: Z9

I took two drives in a BL layout with FZ50. Once with ABS/TC on and then with these off.

Both replays are giving me an OOS Error exactly at 0:33.29.

Please try to play them in Z9 and see if they cause you those errors too.
Attached files
TC^sABS.spr - 77.1 KB - 273 views
TC^sABS off.spr - 82 KB - 287 views
I have never seen this error before, and it only happened since i had Z9. I like to call it 'cars within cars'
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Sorry for the double post, i couldnt attach anything else in my first one.

Here's the replay, it all starts at 20 minutes 34 seconds, when Offroad Learner 785 (me) leaves the pits. Tab to my car and see it in all its glory.
Attached files
wtf.mpr - 1.5 MB - 278 views
#110 - hda
have u tried that layout in Z? looks like there was no place else where to spawn the new car
Yah thats an existing bug.
Quote from Riders Motion :I noticed something. Before the test patches you could use the cockpit view, hit shift+u for the free camera and see the mirrors of the cars. Now you can't anymore.

I don't think you could ever do that. It can only be done with custom cameras attached to the cockpit.

In the past you could still see the mirrors in shift + u but they'd show a static image of the last thing they saw or they'd be black.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I don't think you could ever do that. It can only be done with custom cameras attached to the cockpit.

In the past you could still see the mirrors in shift + u but they'd show a static image of the last thing they saw or they'd be black.

now i remember agin, that you could see them, bcause once i wanted to make a bug report because when you saw the mirror of your opponent, you still could see what is in your mirror (i know im terrible in explaining :X)
Quote from John5200 :now i remember agin, that you could see them, bcause once i wanted to make a bug report because when you saw the mirror of your opponent, you still could see what is in your mirror (i know im terrible in explaining :X)

Yeah that's exactly what happens in shift+u, you see the last thing the mirror saw before you switched into shift+u.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I have never seen this error before, and it only happened since i had Z9. I like to call it 'cars within cars'

thats an old bug, seems to happens if the person that spawned first moves just a little bit before the second car appears.
Mirros blnak in Shift-U
To clarify,

(NB: REAL MIRRORS ARE TURNED ON OF COURSE)

In Z cockpit view >> shift-U you can always see static mirrors (unless you switch to either fullscreen or windowed modes OR minimise completely, then you lost the staic mirro snapshot)

In Z9 cockpit view >> shift-U you can not see the static mirrors at all

Thanks for your work.
Attached images
Z.jpg
Z9.jpg
Not really a bug report, just a question..

Why can you not upload BF1 Hotlaps in Z9, is there some changes that we cannot see?

Regards,
Mazar
Quote from Mazar :Not really a bug report, just a question..

Why can you not upload BF1 Hotlaps in Z9, is there some changes that we cannot see?

Regards,
Mazar

You can't upload hotlaps made in test patches.
Quote from JasonJ :To clarify,

(NB: REAL MIRRORS ARE TURNED ON OF COURSE)

In Z cockpit view >> shift-U you can always see static mirrors (unless you switch to either fullscreen or windowed modes OR minimise completely, then you lost the staic mirro snapshot)

In Z9 cockpit view >> shift-U you can not see the static mirrors at all

Thanks for your work.

True, why is that? (not working for me too) Regression or some shadow problems? :-/
Flickering Rims
hehe I accidentally noticed that yesterday in midnight the rims didn´t flickering at all in RB4 GT car...

I droved [AA] AirAttack Rally server and I was wondering why the rim is changing color smoothly,

now 2 mins ago, the same didn´t happened. The Rims got flickering again and I am wondering this even more

I am so interested that I could find the reason where is the error
everytimes these QUOTES ...

Quote from Michalxo :True, why is that? (not working for me too) Regression or some shadow problems? :-/

This bug is old.
/off

first christmas without good addons
Thats why you make your own

No bugs on my system so far.. ATI 4850..
No bugs now in ATI HD3850 512Mb
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z9 (online compatible)
(166 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG