The online racing simulator
I might actually consider purchasing this.
Heh I probably will buy it too and join the GPC league or whatever :P. Seems like good fun tbh .
My only problem with NkPro is probably one that is very easy to sort out but I can't suss it. My clutch pedal needs to be inverted/uninverted because when the clutch pedal is untouched the game thinks it is full on whereas when I put my foot down on the clutch it thinks that it is disengaged. So in order to drive I have to hold my clutch pedal down.
Quote from The Moose :It hasn't changed much in reality. You get improved physics and new force feedback, a better multiplayer experience and a few little upgrades like high res mirrors and flatspots. It's not going to attract anyone who didn't like 1.02 i shouldn't think, but it should be great for those that did like 1.02 but had loads of problems with it.

so like i figured from jaaps earlier "changelog" its really nothing more than what nkp should have been when they first wanted money for it?
Quote from Gills4life :My only problem with NkPro is probably one that is very easy to sort out but I can't suss it. My clutch pedal needs to be inverted/uninverted because when the clutch pedal is untouched the game thinks it is full on whereas when I put my foot down on the clutch it thinks that it is disengaged. So in order to drive I have to hold my clutch pedal down.

I believe you can simply invert / uninvert the pedals as you wish, using the 'set min' and 'set max' buttons in the calibration screen. Hold your pedal full and hit 'set max'. Let it return to fully open and hit 'set min'
Quote from Gills4life :My only problem with NkPro is probably one that is very easy to sort out but I can't suss it. My clutch pedal needs to be inverted/uninverted because when the clutch pedal is untouched the game thinks it is full on whereas when I put my foot down on the clutch it thinks that it is disengaged. So in order to drive I have to hold my clutch pedal down.

fiddle around on the axis page, there should be tick boxes and such for 'inverted axis' or 'reversed axis'
No. In options, when it's untouched, click the "min" button, and then fully press it, and click the "max" button.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No. In options, when it's untouched, click the "min" button, and then fully press it, and click the "max" button.

That's it. Dustin to the rescue!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No. In options, when it's untouched, click the "min" button, and then fully press it, and click the "max" button.

Thank you that has sorted it.
Yep, good job you didn't try my method first
Quote from dontsimon :Yep, good job you didn't try my method first

lol, cant say you didn't try mate

Quote from Shotglass :so like i figured from jaaps earlier "changelog" its really nothing more than what nkp should have been when they first wanted money for it?

In a nutshell, yes.
Quote from dontsimon :Yep, good job you didn't try my method first

I apologise I did not see your post.

I take all my thanks away from Dustin and hand it over to you.

Anyway lets not get into who helped who! Having great fun with this now, feels really good. Will most likely buy this once 1.03 is released. I am only trying the 1.02 version of course so I am sure 1.03 will feel even better.
Quote from Gills4life :I apologise I did not see your post.

I take all my thanks away from Dustin and hand it over to you.

Haha, now I sound like a sulky little girl

I'll get over it
Quote from wien :It just comes across as rubbing it in at this point.

You could always just stay away from the NKPro threads until you see the one with "Released!" in the title.
Quote from Jaap :[...]Behind the scenes, Stefano is also working an evolution of the netKar PRO engine[...]

So he's already making nKPro 2?
Quote from bbman :So he's already making nKPro 2?

I believe so.(well, he's obviously got the foundations for it on the go) I cant see it arriving for a very long time though. Lets hope he's learned his lessons on how to support a sim properly this time round.
Quote from The Moose :I believe so. I cant see it arriving for a very long time though. Lets hope he's learned his lessons on how to support a sim properly this time round.

what % would you put on Learned, so far?

Look forward to 1.03 though....
Quote from The Moose :I believe so.(well, he's obviously got the foundations for it on the go) I cant see it arriving for a very long time though. Lets hope he's learned his lessons on how to support a sim properly this time round.

I can't see anyone buying from him again - he lost all his credibility over this, not even technical supremacy will save him from failing economically...
The next best hope is for NKPro to at least maintain a stable number of demo players. Get some converts that way. Then there are the fringe simmers who have "just discovered it" but don't know the back story.

IMO there isn't enough content to make it a compelling buy. At one point the "feel" of the game blew me away, but the sim-scape has moved forward and I don't feel that way about 1.02 anymore. I've gotten better at understanding vehicle dynamics, and 1.02 feels so massively flawed to drive, despite being somewhat more immersive. I hope 1.03 is the quantum leap.
Quote from bbman :I can't see anyone buying from him again - he lost all his credibility over this, not even technical supremacy will save him from failing economically...

Well.. perhaps people will wait until they read what ASS say about it, and decide then.

Oh.. wait.. they did that once before and STILL got first degree burns up to the shoulder, didn't they?
I can only say this it's taking to long....

On the other hand its is a bit jerky now but for some reason i cant shift the
F1600
Quote from SamH :Well.. perhaps people will wait until they read what ASS say about it, and decide then.

Oh.. wait.. they did that once before and STILL got first degree burns up to the shoulder, didn't they?

Actually, ASS was the main fuel of the hype... One reason I stopped reading them...
Quote from Jaap Wagenvoort :My words in the AutoSimSport interview are correct. Currently (RC4 UPD4), demo users are able to drive on all Formula1600 servers on all tracks.

See it as giving something back to everyone out there for the delay. It's a way to allow every to get to know this simulator.

Indeed, for me it would've been enough to open up only Prato, but Stefano decided this way (I will discuss it with him).

Interesting. I think i'll wait on the Fiat Abarth, hillclimb track & car before buying then
Quote from bbman :Actually, ASS was the main fuel of the hype... One reason I stopped reading them...

For me it was actually the main reason to stop reading it. Maybe I'd read the occasional LFS dev interview, but I'd rather wait for it to be copy'n'pasted to the forum here.

I still think ASS was a main contributor to the huge failure that nKP was at its release. The hype they generated with their usual BS "this is the best thing ever" speech (which they have, or at least back then had for every sim and especially all the countless physics-worthless rFactor mods, of which only now a select few start to shine due to extensive work (Niels )) made everyone think nKP will be a major player in sim racing - that it will be a product able to rival LFS. The outcome we can all still remember. Granted, Kunos who didn't say a thing about nKP's sorry state or who maybe even believed the hype himself is in the end the one to blame, but this example just made it clear how journalistically worthless ASS actually is.

Oh well, at least the magazine contains the directions on where to apply it.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG