The online racing simulator
Quote from Qurpiz :And tomorrows surprise is.... GTR dashboards!!

jokes aside, really looking for the patch!! Looks and sounds so great.

Now sure about that "and sounds so great"... until I hear a teaser of sounds improvements.

What's up with the lame white LSD dash colour? Aren't those usually green... And I think it still doesn't look very hi-res detail cockpit but of course much better than before. I'm waiting to see what kind of cockpit improvements GTR cars will have.

So we don't anymore have to play a lottery with the % amounts of fuel?

Funny, these teaser pics are like "spot a new small improvement". Every one of them have had more than one.

Quote from PLAYLIFE :Yeah, u can still make the picture with no tilt and cut it tilted

You mean in image editing program? It's different thing and devs have said that they don't release photoshopped pics.
aw now that center thing looks so plain

i kinda like that dash for the FV8 with its oldschool look (thats how the older formulas that had LCD's looked [and GTR cars nowadays]) but.. i think for the FV8, i think we should have an F1 or something similar type steering wheel with dials on it
also.. i think the FV8 should have LED's on both sides of the steering wheel that go to center for RPM's rather than the long gauge thing, i think the long gauge should be kept on the FOX, but the FV8 is much more similar to an F3000; those have the LED's that go to the center

should have working dials for the brake bias.. what else.. i guess we have live data changes for antiroll too..
that would be cool

[edit]
also.. what about those fuel and water temp gauges on the FOX.. i think those should stay instead of having them on the flat pannel? who agrees?
Quote from XCNuse :should have working dials for the brake bias.. what else.. i guess we have live data changes for antiroll too..
that would be cool

Well we already have a 'live settings' thing already that changes those two settings.
Quote from deggis :You mean in image editing program? It's different thing and devs have said that they don't release photoshopped pics.

dunno... I think there is a difference between photoshopping a pic and cutting it...
Quote from PLAYLIFE :dunno... I think there is a difference between photoshopping a pic and cutting it...

Yeah but I'd say that adding something (tilt) to the pic that isn't there in the game is "photoshopping press screenshots". So the tilting must be a new feature.

Quote from Matrixi :Cyan/blue looks pretty good too actually. http://www.aim-sportline.com/AUTO/img/img_mxl_azzurro.jpg

How about blue/yellow (for RB4 WRC)
http://www.world-rally.net/news/2004/impreza-04-dash1.jpg
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Im suprised you guys didnt pick up on this. We all guessed it but none of us knew for sure.

"Just a small graphical enhancement to show you today. TYRE and aero physics have been improved a lot recently"

So there you go... We now know for sure that tyres have been tweaked.

Im excited.
Quote from Righteous :Im suprised you guys didnt pick up on this. We all guessed it but none of us knew for sure.

"Just a small graphical enhancement to show you today. TYRE and aero physics have been improved a lot recently"

Im excited.

That's not really big news... it has been addressed before.
Quote from XCNuse : FV8

What the? FO8, isn't it?
Maybe Dev's rename with FO8 on FV8 :P
i think im the only person that calls it the FV8 because that was the original name of it i cant remember where, but it was called the FV8 since.. well, it has a V8
well XCNuse has some sort of point.. it is a Formula V 8 .....
yes yes, but its WRONG. GAAAAAAA
Quote from Righteous :Im suprised you guys didnt pick up on this. We all guessed it but none of us knew for sure.

Im excited.

Tyre Aerodynamics? Woot!
er.. if your making a joke tristan.. thats different

but if you arent, i guess you didnt see the and between the two

well.. a simple google search shows that im definetly not the only person that calls if the fv8
Quote from tristancliffe :Tyre Aerodynamics? Woot!

Now, driving that certainly explains the floaty feeling
he he the old aerocar
(the original at that)
Quote from XCNuse :er.. if your making a joke tristan.. thats different

but if you arent, i guess you didnt see the and between the two

well.. a simple google search shows that im definetly not the only person that calls if the fv8

Well.... tires (oops, sorry) tyres do have aerodynamic properties too. They create drag and vortices in the air stream. It would be cool if they did model the tyre aerodynamics
Tyre aerodynamics!
:ices_rofl
Quote from Hallen :Well.... tires (oops, sorry) tyres do have aerodynamic properties too. They create drag and vortices in the air stream. It would be cool if they did model the tyre aerodynamics

Yeah, in open wheelers tyres actually generate lift because the air can flow freely over the top, but not under the bottom, so you get a high pressure spot in the lower quarter on the front of the tyre.
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG