None of them are really realistic.
Grand Prix Legends (2004)
NASCAR Racing 2003
R-Factor
The Papyrus games
GTR2
The ISI games
Quote from 5haz :

It will be when it's finished, unfortunately we will all be dead by then.

Plus the force feedback is vastly inferior to LFS, which annoys me a lot.

Well with patch 1.03 coming up there is another feater multyplayer demo,

offcourse it might not be finnisht and the develop speed is lower then from lfs, the game is still freaking realistic and the ffb is way better then from lfs it might be diferent but diferent to the more realistic side
Quote from Gunn :I think Crammond's second attempt was actually an improvement over GP1, but I'll also vouch for these two sims as being way ahead of their time. A better F1 sim has not yet been made (except graphically, of course).

I remember GP2, was an awesome game. I loved it. Was probbably my first racing sim, I was like 5 or 6 or something crazy like that hahaha.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I remember GP2, was an awesome game. I loved it. Was probbably my first racing sim, I was like 5 or 6 or something crazy like that hahaha.

I still have it and play it sometimes on dosbox. I even managed to get it working with my old G25. Took me a while though!
Started out aged 6 on GP1, at the time I thought it was brilliant.
Oh am geee! Add NFS: Undercover pleez, Underground 2 doesn't have Veyron with NOOOS and bigass bodykit. Too bad those Skylines can still draft past =/
Quote from 5haz :Plus the force feedback is vastly inferior to LFS, which annoys me a lot.

The FFB in nKPro is way better than LFS. It's a very close second to iRacing. LFS lags far behind both of them in the FFB department.
Quote from The Moose :The FFB in nKPro is way better than LFS. It's a very close second to iRacing. LFS lags far behind both of them in the FFB department.

yes you can really feel every bump in those games, in lfs you only feel the "big" bumps
I don't understand why ppls voting on NFS?
Quote from Semozo :I don't understand why ppls voting on NFS?

they are being sarcastic
I was afraid they were doing it seriously :spin:
Quote from G!NhO :yes you can really feel every bump in those games, in lfs you only feel the "big" bumps

And can only feel the bumps over curbs when you don't have alot of lock on, I've found.
how is NFS Underground 2 "realistic" ?

I do have to agree that this NFS is the only good one of the latest series..
Best NFS are the old ones like hot pursuit, especially the cool music tracks.
Quote from Semozo :I was afraid they were doing it seriously :spin:

IF NFS dosent win teh poll ima be pissed!!!!!
NFS FTW! :star:
To be honest I would have to say iRacing is the more realistic racing simulator currently available currently. Before iRacing my answer would have been LFS.
funny that this experience will be forever your own (and a very few others') exclusive piece of memory since I am not going to pay a single dime to those who won't give me a comprehensive try first, to test out if what they are claiming is "realistic"

FYI:
GTR2 put me off once before with an not-selectable (greyed-out) "sim"-option on their demo
-> and buying that piece of boredom after it dropped below 10€, I now have the confirmation first-hand why it has never been worth more than that (to me at least).
I actually don't dislike iRacing's claim to receive a continous amount of money from their user-base in order to keep development on par with the users' demands and overall competetive standards. Just the pay-before-you-try puts me off quite effectively: that's exactly not the way to attract my attention. Regarding that other people have come a long way before without resorting to such idiocity - they should seriously reconsider their attitude towards the market
Sure NFS U2, where else you can go 200 mph with stock Skyline?
DrBen,

I can understand the sentiment on not wanting to pay to try. I chose to because it was something I felt would be better then what was on the market. In the end I only stayed 2 months, the cost is too high for my budget and the progression path for road racing was too focused on open wheel cars which I have no interest in. But none of that takes away from the feeling that you get racing in that sim. It's just not comparable to anything else I have experienced. What they offer is a service not a product. That is the main difference in the way its deployed.
iRacing is not realistic at all for me,and thank god i didnt pay for it! The only car feels good is the radical
Isn't iRacing based on an updated version of Nascar 2k3 physics engine though? I heard it was the same team and they used that as a base.
iRacing is more like NFS than like LFS.
Quote from Shadowww :iRacing is more like NFS than like LFS.

Seeing that you are a demo-racer and thus haven't paid for LFS, I am having some trouble believing that you have tried iRacing which doesn't even offer a demo. Trust me, iRacing is nothing like NFS.

I think LFS and iRacing are somewhat equal in many ways, and I belive that those two simulators are the top of the simulation scene. Both are absolutely miles ahead of anything based off the ISI-engine, which I think is the main competitor. Haven't tried NetKar fully, but the demo did not impress me. The old NK was fun though. Oh and then theres GTR, GTR2 and everything else by SimBin - they're all very good simulators, but not in the league of LFS and iRacing. Besides, I seem to remember that they're based on a modified version of the ISI engine?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Isn't iRacing based on an updated version of Nascar 2k3 physics engine though? I heard it was the same team and they used that as a base.

Please, stop spreading this BS rumour (not that I say you do intentionally). Yes it is "based" on the NK2003 engine, but it was only used as a starting platform so they don't have to begin from 0 completely. Virtually every part of the engine was rewritten at some point - saying that it is based on NK2003 is a pretty severe stretch.
Quote from evans :
Quote from Shadowww :iRacing is more like NFS than like LFS.

Seeing that you are a demo-racer and thus haven't paid for LFS, I am having some trouble believing that you have tried iRacing which doesn't even offer a demo. Trust me, iRacing is nothing like NFS.

There's a pirated version floating around the net
(I think Shadowww is actually the one who uploaded it).
Quote from AndroidXP :Please, stop spreading this BS rumour (not that I say you do intentionally). Yes it is "based" on the NK2003 engine, but it was only used as a starting platform so they don't have to begin from 0 completely. Virtually every part of the engine was rewritten at some point - saying that it is based on NK2003 is a pretty severe stretch.

Uhm.. ok
People always use it as an argument to say that iRacing is just NK2003 with mods, which isn't true (you can say it jokingly but not matter-of-factly). It's just one of these rumours or half-truths that doesn't want to die, and I don't like those, no matter which sim they're about.

Most realistic racing simulator?
(358 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG