The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from jibber :There is an option in the game mode that i've mentioned, where you can actually "freeze" the time.

No, it does not freeze the time, it only specifies how much the clock is when starting a game.

Dunno if it's different in the console versions.
Quote from Bose321 :Are these 'official' yet? or still the beta ones?

I dont think so.

Checked AMD site and nothing is there.

But gta 4 doesn't freeze now.

Does anyone know why i have this stupid blue screen problem?

It has some starnge letters that cannot be read and then computer reboots.
Quote from [UKR] Race King :I dont think so.

Checked AMD site and nothing is there.

But gta 4 doesn't freeze now.

Does anyone know why i have this stupid blue screen problem?

It has some starnge letters that cannot be read and then computer reboots.

BSOD? and you can't read it? do you vista SP1/XP SP3?
Quote from bose321 :bsod? And You Can't Read It? Do You Vista Sp1/xp Sp3?

xp Sp3.

[Edit]Blue screen appears only with GTA
windows key+pause => advanced => startup and recovery => remove tick at "automatically restart"
Windows automatically reboots on a BSOD, Here's how to turn the automatic rebooting off.

Those beta drivers worked for me, never had a single crash since i've installed them (with Ati HD3850).
Quote from kingfag :Windows automatically reboots on a BSOD, Here's how to turn the automatic rebooting off.

Those beta drivers worked for me, never had a single crash since i've installed them (with Ati HD3850).

Do you also notice any improvements on the graphics?
8.12 is officially released today and I still dont notice any fps difference between them.
Quote from obsolum :What's your problem? If you've got issues with Bose sort them out through pm's. If you've got issues with people playing GTA 4 in general, stay out of this thread. Someone asked for screenshots, Bose was kind enough to post some.

i dont have problems with him, dont worry. Only in the 1st pic there's a building saying that
Quote from chanoman315 :i dont have problems with him, dont worry. Only in the 1st pic there's a building saying that

lol, yeah
Quote from chanoman315 :sarcasm?... really, i didnt mean to insult him tbh.

No, I meant that its true. Even if you want to insult him go ahead, we dont care.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :No, I meant that its true. Even if you want to insult him go ahead, we dont care.

Quote from chanoman315 :i dont have problems with him, dont worry. Only in the 1st pic there's a building saying that

Lol okay, you're right. Still, you should have added a smiley or something to indicate that you were joking Your post came across as being serious and offensive.
This is rubbish! downloaded Drivers 8.12 and i get a BSOD! just like 8.11 Vista 64bit vista + crossfireX 4850/4870 + 8.11/8.12 = fail. This is really bad. ATI should fix this!
Quote from Bose321 :This is rubbish! downloaded Drivers 8.12 and i get a BSOD! just like 8.11 Vista 64bit vista + crossfireX 4850/4870 + 8.11/8.12 = fail. This is really bad. ATI should fix this!

I only get BSOD when I shut down my pc after playing GTA and then restarts again so I have to wait or press the power button. I'm already happy that I dont have these BSOD while playing the game.
Quote from Bose321 :This is rubbish! downloaded Drivers 8.12 and i get a BSOD! just like 8.11 Vista 64bit vista + crossfireX 4850/4870 + 8.11/8.12 = fail. This is really bad. ATI should fix this!

And exactly what is causing the BSOD? What DLL, what stopcode etc.
Quote from kingfag :And exactly what is causing the BSOD? What DLL, what stopcode etc.

The cause of the BSOD is something going wrong when you have 64bit vista and CrossfireX 4850's. says atikmdag.sys orso in the BSOD.
Quote from thisnameistaken :What's "dynamic" about the world? Could you explain that for me? I haven't noticed anything about the world that has changed while I've been playing it. There's a day/night cycle and it rains sometimes, that's about it. I think all those things happened in GTA3 too.

If it's going to rain, there will be ads on the internet (specially on News websites) with the weather...
If you do a mission like exploding something, it'll appear on the internet and will be shown on the TV...
You can phone a number to know the name of the music is playing on any radio on any car on the street, you just have to be listening to it you don't even have to be on a car, and it doesn't even have to be YOUR car, you can just come closer to another car so you can listen the radio playing, call the number and you'll receive a text message with the song.
If you see a website and find something about your friends on it, you might receive call from them, might be funny, etc.
After watching some TV and surfing on the web, Niko will be able to talk about these things with other people and may quote things you saw on TV/internet/radio while talking with other people, things Niko would only say if you already seen it in the game.
There are a LOT of websites, a LOT of dynamic things and everything is calculated in the game...
Like when you enter a car, when you open the door the inside light will turn on... if it's night, before entering the car it'll have the "lanterna" (a weak light, I don't know how it is in english), then when you get into it it'll turn the light a bit more "stronger", and then you can press H to turn the full lights on. If the door open in any moment, the inside light will turn on.
If it's raining, the radio will mention it, specially on News radios or ads
If you're dating someone, your friends can talk about it on missions or when you go out with them.

Everything, and I mean everything you do on the game can drastically change everything around you, and will sure make a lot of difference.

There's much more than that, but I don't have time to mention it (nor I think it'll be necessary)

This game is incredibly dynamic and fully detailed...
Quote from Velociround :
This game is incredibly dynamic and fully detailed...

AND........

You can kill pigeons!!

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG