The online racing simulator
What is happening in Ukraine?
(436 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Do you think Russia has the right to invade / defend Ukraine?

No
Yes
Quote from Scawen :Thank you.

I have also taken this opportunity to reduce LakynVonLegendaus ban to one month.

EDIT: This is a completely separate incident, not related to the hate-speech discussed in recent posts.

I do not want to over-react through irritation and anger. I applied too long a ban of 3 months in the first place. I do believe LakynVonLegendaus was reacting to another user and me, in separate cases, by deciding what we were thinking, incorrectly, then attacking us for that incorrect assumption, and not listening to reason after that point.

It's not a sensible way to discuss things. We need to stay calm and talk to each other, as these country leaders should do. Let's try to understand what others are saying.

To be clear, I am including myself in that as I know I can get passionate and overreact and I must make sure I listen and consider different viewpoints.

Personally, I agree with SamH

Player from screenshot certainly deserves some kind of punishment. If I were an admin on this server, I would give him a ban for at least a month. But as I understand it, we were talking now about restrictions on all servers. I understand that LFS is your game. And you can set your own rules here who can say what and who can't. But the more such restrictions, the more limited the freedom of speech we all have. And I believe freedom of speech is a good. Because I live under a regime where, unfortunately, freedom of speech is not considered a good. In our country, for example, a person can be imprisoned for reposting condemning Nazism because there was a swastika in the post. If you write down in internet "putin is evil" out that you can be put on jail for insulting the authorities and given a heavy fine. If someone goes to a single picket with a poster he is detained by the police. I understand that you think that there is a big difference between this and what is happening here. But in our opinion, we rightly impose restrictions on this player. And Putin, from his point of view, rightly imposes restrictions on us.

And in my opinion, free speech needed more as possible to keep to keep the overton window as wide as possible so that no one is afraid to express their opinion. Unfortunately, the modern left-wing world does not think so with its cancellation culture. As well as authoritarian and totalitarian states.

Free speech is not there to defend words like "what a beautiful sky" "what a lovely lady outside the window" freedom of speech is there to defend things we don't like. Insults, obscenities, beliefs that are wrong from our point of view. Why? To not limit our mindset. So that we can choose any words and beliefs.

I am absolutely against what the player says in the screenshots. But by restricting access to him, we rather confirm his position and not argue with it. From which he can conclude that he is right.
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :Personally, I agree with SamH

Player from screenshot certainly deserves some kind of punishment. If I were an admin on this server, I would give him a ban for at least a month. But as I understand it, we were talking now about restrictions on all servers. I understand that LFS is your game. And you can set your own rules here who can say what and who can't. But the more such restrictions, the more limited the freedom of speech we all have. And I believe freedom of speech is a good. Because I live under a regime where, unfortunately, freedom of speech is not considered a good. In our country, for example, a person can be imprisoned for reposting condemning Nazism because there was a swastika in the post. If you write down in internet "putin is evil" out that you can be put on jail for insulting the authorities and given a heavy fine. If someone goes to a single picket with a poster he is detained by the police. I understand that you think that there is a big difference between this and what is happening here. But in our opinion, we rightly impose restrictions on this player. And Putin, from his point of view, rightly imposes restrictions on us.

And in my opinion, free speech needed more as possible to keep to keep the overton window as wide as possible so that no one is afraid to express their opinion. Unfortunately, the modern left-wing world does not think so with its cancellation culture. As well as authoritarian and totalitarian states.

Free speech is not there to defend words like "what a beautiful sky" "what a lovely lady outside the window" freedom of speech is there to defend things we don't like. Insults, obscenities, beliefs that are wrong from our point of view. Why? To not limit our mindset. So that we can choose any words and beliefs.

I am absolutely against what the player says in the screenshots. But by restricting access to him, we rather confirm his position and not argue with it. From which he can conclude that he is right.

I have noticed that anyone in Russia that post different than what Putin is saying regarding the War can face up to 15 years in prison, Our journalist have had to stop reporting in russia due to this.

Heres a video of how the good russian citizens are treated for protesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkWG2uBtdSs

For our opinions to matter or have any weight to them we must not act in the same way as those we're speaking out against. The racer/pilot in the replay was a projection of how Putin acts/behaves, and how he wants others to act or behave.
Thank you for your comments.

We have reduced the ban of the user in the "hate speech" screen shot to one month. We have sent him en email asking him to get informed about the situation and seek sources other than the Russian state media.
Unfortunately, free speech is complete myth. It was never really allowed, and never will be.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Unfortunately, free speech is complete myth. It was never really allowed, and never will be.

Free speech should never be an excuse for any type of hate speech, otherwise it allows things like racism ect
I've just learned about this Z symbol that has sprung up in the last few days and is being used apparently by brainwashed Russians.

It looks quite ominous to me. There is no Z in the Cyrillic alphabet so it seems like a symbol rather than a letter.

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1500495309595725831
#82 - SamH
Quote from bishtop :Free speech should never be an excuse for any type of hate speech, otherwise it allows things like racism ect

You think you end racism by silencing it?
There is a skin '28A9A0_zzzzz2' featuring that symbol - it caused quite the ruckus in our Friday event because I didn't notice and do something about it. I think it was youthful crassness rather than genuine support, but who knows.

Not to say that either of us should or shouldn't police skins, but just FYI.
#84 - SamH
Quote from Scawen :I've just learned about this Z symbol that has sprung up in the last few days and is being used apparently by brainwashed Russians.

It looks quite ominous to me. There is no Z in the Cyrillic alphabet so it seems like a symbol rather than a letter.

I noted this early on in the Russian invasion. I think the purpose is to distinguish Russian from Ukrainian military, since both forces use the same Russian equipment painted in the same military (olive?) green. Fog of war, etc. Inevitably, it's become something symbolic of support for the Putin narrative in Russia.
Quote from SamH :You think you end racism by silencing it?

As if it was as easy to end it, it's about protecting others from the suffering. There will always be racism/racist, but at least they're pushed into the shadows/background.

There is less racism now compared to pre-1965 when they brought in the race relations act in the UK,
Contempt at Moscow as Ukraine evacuation routes offered into Russia and Belarus
Zee is for Zorro...Smile

Quote from Scawen :I've just learned about this Z symbol that has sprung up in the last few days and is being used apparently by brainwashed Russians.

There is also V letter.

Z - roosikies
V - chechen
video 5 years ago from a Ukrainian YouTube blogger, debunker of fakes about the Nazis in Ukraine.With subtitles
https://youtu.be/_tJphAe9h0w
Yeah that was yet another one of mistake what Ukraine had made... and western propagand hiding it away.

But how big this faction is? And even so, it falls on yet another actual excuse. Why no nazis are shown to West?

And even so, in 5 years plus, whats the situation is now then?
Quote from dfgjkl :video 5 years ago from a Ukrainian YouTube blogger, debunker of fakes about the Nazis in Ukraine.With subtitles
https://youtu.be/_tJphAe9h0w

Is it also Zelenskyy that he accuses of being Nazi or is it certain groups within the government?

I had assumed that it was certain groups at first due to Zelenskyy being jewish, but recently it seems that Putin accuses the ukrainian government as a whole
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Yeah that was yet another one of mistake what Ukraine had made... and western propagand hiding it away.

But how big this faction is? And even so, it falls on yet another actual excuse. Why no nazis are shown to West?

And even so, in 5 years plus, whats the situation is now then?

I've seen reporting on it, il see if i am able to find the links to the vice news video.

if i remember correctly their had been something to do with one battalion called the Asov battalion which is a volunteer battalion and does not represent the offical military or government

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

Another accusation was debunked

https://euvsdisinfo.eu/report/ ... orms-feature-nazi-imagery

Also Zelenskyy is jewish, so surely you're not accusing him of anything to do with being Nazis
Russia could easily pick those up and make those as no longer exist. According bombards, whole country is then as one...

...or is there even something more deeper? wars, conflicts, and situations always contain hidden keypoints, only to be seen much much later, if at all .

That's why there always occurs something... odd
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Russia could easily pick those up and make those as no longer exist. According bombards, whole country is then as one...

...or is there even something more deeper? wars, conflicts, and situations always contain hidden keypoints, only to be seen much much later, if at all .

That's why there always occurs something... odd

Well what about the RNU (Russian National Unity) which is a Russian Neo Nazi party/movement group that fought on the Russian side for Donbass in 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_National_Unity

You cannot define a country or government based on a select group, the same as we cannot define a countries people by the actions of a dictator such as putin who is in control of them

I have noticed that many Russian people are leaving to go to Finland. I don't blame them, its a win win, they manage to get out of putins control, and also get to go to a beautiful country
Quote from bishtop :it's about protecting others from the suffering.

Youtube already saved us from suffering by removing dislikes. Now when i say NO to war supporters under their videos i can't see how many of us say NO. But i don't feel safe, and my suffer continues even more. There's two sides to every story.
And let's be honest, "Russkiy korabl, idi na huy!(Russian battleship, go f..k yourself!)" for some people sounds offensive too. So i vote for freedom of speech. Let's hear both sides and see the ratio.
---
Z and V stands for Zapad and Vostok ( West and East). There also an O, wich i think stands for Center. There's Western, Eastern and Central military district ( can i say district in that case?). All these symbols were painted to distinguish different military forces at trainings before the war started. I may be wrong, but this is what i know.
---

Twitter is offline in russia at the moment.
Yesterday i was in the mall. H&M closed, Ikea closed.
ABB (electric supplies) paused their operations in russia, and now me and my friend face problems at work.
All prices are jumped.
Cheeseburger price at McDonalds jumped 18%, and the paper bags are made of lower density paper that easyly tears down.
Many young people look frustrated and sad. Some older people look like they never heared of things happening right now.
It's just a few changes i saw yesterday, coming back home.

Peacefull people in Melitopol (Ukraine) potests against armed invaders:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xOlU3Lpcgb4

Novosibirsk (Russia), sunday.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hPBYY8uNsxk
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :Youtube already saved us from suffering by removing dislikes. Now when i say NO to war supporters under their videos i can't see how many of us say NO. But i don't feel safe, and my suffer continues even more. There's two sides to every story.
And let's be honest, "Russkiy korabl, idi na huy!(Russian battleship, go f..k yourself!)" for some people sounds offensive too. So i vote for freedom of speech. Let's hear both sides and see the ratio.

---

Twitter is offline in russia atm.

I am all for freedom of speech, but freedom of speech has always had boundries. swearing and criticizing others is something that we should be able to express, using racist remarks to another is not protected under freedom of speech and should never be.

Stay safe and well
Yea yea yea. I understood. I was thinking out of the box. The motives, real or fake and actual reasons and so on...
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :Youtube already saved us from suffering by removing dislikes. Now when i say NO to war supporters under their videos i can't see how many of us say NO. But i don't feel safe, and my suffer continues even more. There's two sides to every story.

---

Twitter is offline in russia atm.

Heres another one from Kherson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=886GLfYIvpA
Thank you, Bishtop, for info from Kherson.

I've updated my post. Watch Novosibirsk video. It looks like City17. In fact all central squares in russian cities now look like footage out of HL2. Combine is everywhere.

« Initially, it was thought that the "Zs" were in fact a number "2" - representing the 22 February (22/02/2022). That was the day Russia ratified an agreement on "friendship, cooperation and mutual assistance" with the self-proclaimed breakaway regions in eastern Ukraine - Donetsk and Luhansk.

But it is now believed the symbol is simply a way for Russia's military to identify its own forces. RUSI's Emily Ferris says the Russian military marks its vehicles with Latin, rather than Cyrillic, letters.

Last week, viewers to a news programme on Russia's state-controlled Channel One were told that a "Z" was a common marking on Russian military equipment. The Orthodox Christian pro-Putin website Tsargrad told readers the simple marking could "avoid friendly fire" and couldn't be "mixed up with anything else".

Russian special forces veteran Sergey Kuvykin told the Russian magazine website, Life, that different symbols signified different military units. "Symbols like these are used - a 'Z' in a square, a 'Z' in a circle, a 'Z' with a star or simply 'Z' on its own." He said the markings helped make sure that troops, who might not be in contact with other comrades, were where they should be. »

Source and more info:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60644832
Video showing a Russian Soldier that has been captured stating that they had been under the impression that Ukraine had been under facist power which he had realised was not the case.

https://youtu.be/nAvV8jSEpVs
This thread is closed

What is happening in Ukraine?
(436 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG