The online racing simulator
What is happening in Ukraine?
(436 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Do you think Russia has the right to invade / defend Ukraine?

No
Yes
Yeah, it's a shame.
Quote from Racer X NZ :I'm pleased to see the opposition to this pointless war, however I do think that the same level of opposition to Western pointless wars would have made many commentators sound less hypocritical. Just my opinion. Shrug

That is so true. It's the most awful thing. Most extremely to me in recent times, the unprovoked invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. And the failure to prosecute the 'leaders' responsible.

Quote from dfgjkl :A response to Arnold Schwarzenegger

It's kind of touching but suffers from certain issues. Like this: "and that Russian bombs are allegedly destroying Ukraine now"
Well, by all accounts reported outside Russia itself, the Russian bombs and artillery have absolutely destroyed Mariupol.

Another fault in her narrative: Once again bringing up Blair & Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq, as if such illegal actions are a justification for the current invasion. Putin said the same thing.

It's so lame, like a murderer saying at his trial "it's OK that I killed someone, because another murderer also killed someone".

Hope you can see what I mean, that is probably the most absurd justification ever. By saying this, Putin brings himself down to the extremely low moral value of Blair and Bush, the detested warmongers.

The big lie told by Putin is that this is really about Donetsk and Luhansk and Nazis. But if that was the case, he could have really done something other than invading the whole of Ukraine. He could have made a big fuss about that, appealed to the world for help and threatened invasion of those regions if the help was not supplied. To be fair, those conflicts were sadly not well reported in the UK. If that was really Putin's aim he could have made a thing of it.

What seems fairly obvious is that Putin really wants to secure control of Ukraine. It's a conquest thing, he wants to build his empire.
Quote from dfgjkl :no, I didn't understand you at all

Putin brings up the example of "The West"'s invasion of Iraq, as if that justifies his actions.

This is like a murderer claiming "it's OK for me to kill someone, because that other person killed someone"

It's obvious rubbish, just nonsense.

Moving on...

I think it must be that Putin thinks that "Western" people are actually in favour of the war on Iraq. But most of us are not. I think there may be a perception that we "Western" people are actually in favour of the unjustified actions that our leaders have taken. But that is not the case.

There is no "West vs East" thing here. The more important thing is "despot leaders vs humanity" and that is the real problem we have to deal with.

I want you to know, that most people are terribly sad for the Ukrainian people whose lives are turned upside down (and a lot of them killed) but also the Russian people, especially the young men killed in their tanks, fighting a pointless war. And also the Russians back home who will suffer dire economic consequences.

I say again, please don't frame this as West vs East. This is Putin vs humanity. We also have "Western Leaders" vs humanity also to deal with. This is the real situation we face. Warmongers creating wars without justification.
all right stop stop stop!

did you watch Putin or Maryana Naumova?
Both. I'm really trying to talk reason here my friend.

I assume that we all want peace. Do tell me if that's not the case.
Do not know,all i see is you obsess on putin. putin this putin that.
What do you not know? Do you want peace or not - the answer to that should be simple, if we could ever have some common ground.

Why am I mentioning Putin? Uhmm

Maybe that is because Putin is the latest leader who sent thousands of troops into a war (or special military operation if you prefer) and is destroying the lives of millions of people right now.

So it seems Mr Putin is quite the subject of the moment. He is the one that can negotiate some kind of end to this dreadful conflict and pull back those troops from the country he invaded.

This war has to end! It's already much too late, but gets worse every minute it goes on!
yes yes he did it and you are not interested in the reasons why he did it ...
OK I give up.
Quote from Scawen :OK I give up.

Full marks for effort.

Quote from dfgjkl :yes yes he did it and you are not interested in the reasons why he did it ...

It doesn't matter what reasons he gives, what he has done is unacceptable to the ENTIRE world. Look around.

When EVERYONE disagrees with your rationalisation, but you STILL think you're right, it means you're a psychopath. No reasonable person could believe Putin did the right thing or for the right reason.

Stop the killing and get psychological help.
Those people who follow my posts will know how opposed to this war I am, But I would like to point out the complete hypocrisy of many people here who ignore western wars of aggression as they are, for some reason, absolutely acceptable.

By Ali Haj Suleiman and Kareem Chehayeb
Published On 3 Feb 2022
3 Feb 2022
Updated:
4 Feb 2022
04:34 PM (GMT)
Atmeh, Syria – At least 13 people, including six children, have been killed during a United States special operations forces raid in Syria’s rebel-held Idlib province, according to residents and first responders.

The overnight raid targeted a building in Atmeh, a densely populated town in northwest Syria near the Turkish border, where tens of thousands of people displaced by the country’s decade-long war live.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/3/civilians-killed-us-special-operations-raid-syria

Could we possibly agree that ALL WARS LIKE THIS ARE WRONG AND ALL NATIONS SHOULD STOP THEM.

And, if you wish to justify Western Wars of domination but criticize any other nations Wars of domination then the term hypocrite is completely appropriate.

I am not supporting ANY wars, I am opposed to them all, but the following is very appropriate.
"You hypocrite! First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye."
Quote from Racer X NZ :Those people who follow my posts will know how opposed to this war I am, But I would like to point out the complete hypocrisy of many people here who ignore western wars of aggression as they are, for some reason, absolutely acceptable.

By Ali Haj Suleiman and Kareem Chehayeb
Published On 3 Feb 2022
3 Feb 2022
Updated:
4 Feb 2022
04:34 PM (GMT)
Atmeh, Syria – At least 13 people, including six children, have been killed during a United States special operations forces raid in Syria’s rebel-held Idlib province, according to residents and first responders.

The overnight raid targeted a building in Atmeh, a densely populated town in northwest Syria near the Turkish border, where tens of thousands of people displaced by the country’s decade-long war live.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/3/civilians-killed-us-special-operations-raid-syria

Could we possibly agree that ALL WARS LIKE THIS ARE WRONG AND ALL NATIONS SHOULD STOP THEM.

And, if you wish to justify Western Wars of domination but criticize any other nations Wars of domination then the term hypocrite is completely appropriate.

I am not supporting ANY wars, I am opposed to them all, but the following is very appropriate.
"You hypocrite! First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye."

Even though 2 wrongs never make a right, you should also mention the 18.000+ civillians killed in syria by Russian Attacks.

https://www.dw.com/en/russian- ... d-18000-people/a-45702091

While i know that many news outlets are untrustworthy, i can say that DW was one that spoke out against the war in Iraq and even told of the lies given from those higher up in government and interviewed those within government that came forward to disagree with the reason for war.

What is obvious though, is that Russian Missiles and soldiers are killing civillians with the attacks, and we can see the proof everywhere, unfortuantly due to restrictions in Russia its hard but not impossible to see.

@dfgjkl

Maybe i'm wrong but it seems like you're trolling, it seems strange that a russian person would have to use google translator to write in Russian, even if they moved away a long time ago.
Many Russians that still within Russia do not agree with the War, for they're like and in many cases are sisters, brothers and family. They'res plenty of undeniable evidence of civillians being killed and civillian buildings hit.

And Racer x NZ is right, all wars like this are wrong, we should have evolved enough where as diplomatic relations can sort out any genuine concerns.
Quote from dfgjkl :Britney Spears got more brains not to mention balls

internet says her instagram account has been deleted...

ps what future awaits Arnie if he drowns for Russia?

Her(Britney's) instagram account is and always has been active, il have to go as far to admit i follow britney on Instagram Big grin

The font and emoji's are not used on Instagram

If you can find the link to what she is supposed to have liked then id believe it, otherwise its just more fake news, i doubt selena would have like it too as we live in an age of Cancel Culture, and this would have a detrimental effect on their careers.

https://www.instagram.com/britneyspears/?hl=en

Anyway i think zelensky stating that he would defer from trying to join nato if it kept the peace is a good move, and one would hope it would be enough for peace but lets see.
NATO was never real good option for geopolitical reasons...

...but seems like nothing can be seen as neutral anymore.

Once fear is set... there's no way out. Unless serious breach is made for brand new negotiations. However, due the amount of propaganda happening now... out of question.

Two options for Russia... give up for the conflict and face it. Find solution for peace once and for all.
Or destroy whole Ukraine and find next target.

Or 3rd one, Nuclear War.

But... as I mentioned before, something doesn't match up.

EDIT: IF Nato was lead any other country than United States, NATO would have be seen less amount of threat and more on actual valid defense alliance. While it is still defence alliance, actions in history and leaders in past... yeah... complicated.

And using excuse that on Russia. Just because Western countries did so, doesn't make your country any better for doing same thing.

But after all, there are humans too in my neighborhood land ( Russia ). Must be good people, without doubt. Despite some rised tensions, although understandably. The amount of propaganda is so massive that anything goes. Mix-up with valid reason, information and other technical aspects.

Ironically, People in Europe, USA, China and Russia, as well as Ukraine... everybody is shaking their head... "not this way..."

...yet here we are. And if rumors are what they seem to be heard of...

...Holy shit. Value of basic human decreases minute by minute...Yeah sell your soul to great propaganda...World is crazy.

EDIT: And again, as much as I am against this stupid, meaningless conflict, there are valid reasons shown from their perspective. But again, all of them falls on excuse level, leaving the real reason behind, well hidden.

Could be NATO, could be hidden corruption inside Russia or even Ukraine... infiltrates, money, power, information... agents, competition... anything goes... It could even be 3rd party reason... reason could only be just personal... who really knows?

After all the reasons and thoughts from every perspective, by all the cards shown what are currently be shown... who and what to believe? It's really getting off the scale.

And yet, every stone was not flipped over. Kreml claimed they had no other choice. That's absolute bullshit. Regardless of valid reasons or not.

Who is pulling the strings?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :NATO was never real good option for geopolitical reasons...

Nato was the best thing, it prevents Nuclear weapons being used on single countries and attacks on single countries in the alliance.

Without doubt Putin would of tried to or rebuilt the USSR, its no secret that it was a low part of his life when it fell when he was a young KGB Officer. Poland and estonia would almost certainly of been next.

What isn't propaganda is that within Russia Putin is the only voice that matters within his circle, those around him could not say anything against the invasion, watch the televised meeting just before the war and see how he spoke down to the spy chief for not saying things clearly about his opinion.

https://youtu.be/ucEs0nBuowE?t=17

In war theres only one at fault, and that is the aggressor, the one trying to take over another's land by use of force.

If you look at the post above yours, it shows the level of disinformation that is attempted and not questioned or even researched before people spread it, it took me 2 seconds to dispell the claim.
I dont believe it. It decreases the threat sure but have to be stupid to think it could never happen.
I'm just going to register my opposition here, to Zelenskyy's latest acts of media censorship and banning of political opposition. It's unacceptable in Russia and it's unacceptable in Ukraine.

Voices advocating for a diplomatic solution, and for and end to killing, ON BOTH sides, must not be silenced.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I dont believe it. It decreases the threat sure but have to be stupid to think it could never happen.

It decreases the threat and would mean that the defence of a Nato country would be stronger than an attack, so it works as intended. I struggle to see your point on the negatives.

Quote from SamH :I'm just going to register my opposition here, to Zelenskyy's latest acts of media censorship and banning of political opposition. It's unacceptable in Russia and it's unacceptable in Ukraine.

Voices advocating for a diplomatic solution, and for and end to killing, ON BOTH sides, must not be silenced.

Hes banned Pro-Russian media not banned opposition media(political), why wouldn't he ? they spread misinformation as all know.

https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine- ... on-tv-stations/a-56438505
-
(bishtop) DELETED by bishtop
Obviously you're just not keeping up.

Quote :Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelensky has banned eleven opposition parties

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/is-zelensky-s-party-crackdown-his-first-mistake-

Quote from bishtop :why wouldn't he ?

Because while the most important thing here is to stop the war and its associated loss of human life, this distinguishes between Ukraine surrendering and Russia withdrawing. If you're just going to abandon the rights and freedoms associated with the west, you may just as well put the guns down and let Russia in. If you don't have rights and freedoms, you might just as well be part of Russia.
Quote from SamH :Obviously you're just not keeping up.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/is-zelensky-s-party-crackdown-his-first-mistake-

Because while the most important thing here is to stop the war and its associated loss of human life, this distinguishes between Ukraine surrendering and Russia withdrawing. If you're just going to abandon the rights and freedoms associated with the west, you may just as well put the guns down and let Russia in. If you don't have rights and freedoms, you might just as well be part of Russia.

I quote " including the pro-Russian ‘Opposition – Platform For Life’ " so that would be allowing russia in. You do know how Russia has overtook area's of Ukraine in the past by installing Pro-Russian mayors. this is protecting the rights of freedom for the Ukrainian people by not letting Russia sneak in.

Russia has no rights with installing Pro-Russian members into Ukrainian government

Also The Spectator is a political news outlet(conservatives) and not an independent media, so considering all complain about free media, that paper is certainly not

By allowing like Pro-Russian members of the government, you're essentially surrending.

Read more on it here explaining why

https://www.theguardian.com/wo ... ties-with-links-to-russia
Quote from bishtop :I quote " including the pro-Russian ‘Opposition – Platform For Life’ " so that would be allowing russia in. You do know how Russia has overtook area's of Ukraine in the past by installing Pro-Russian mayors.

By allowing like Pro-Russian members of the government, you're essentially surrending.

Surrendering to what? Democracy?

If you don't want pro-Russian politicians in your parliament, you do better. You BE better. Beat them at the ballot box. It's supposed to be the very thing that sets you apart from them.

Wow.
Quote from SamH :Surrendering to what? Democracy?

If you don't want pro-Russian politicians in your parliament, you do better. You BE better. Beat them at the ballot box. It's supposed to be the very thing that sets you apart from them.

Wow.

Why would they allow Pro-Russian politicians to get power in their country, while that country is being attacked by the country that the politicians support.

Like i said that is how they lost other regions. Russia has no rights politically within Ukraine.

What your saying is similar to allowing al qaeda supporters into our government while the attacks had been happening

All countries have banned political parties

Uk for example
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ ... t_groups_(1945–present)
Okay, come back when you have the faintest grasp on the meaning of "democracy", and then - if and when we establish a common understanding that the democratic process is preferable to the authoritarian tyranny you seem to be proposing - we could conceivably have a conversation about how to proceed.
This thread is closed

What is happening in Ukraine?
(436 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG