The online racing simulator
It would be great if we had the right track loaded on server so we can practice ^^
Quote from Spiiiky :It would be great if we had the right track loaded on server so we can practice ^^

Mikke picked BL3R and track was set yesterday on host - today i will be online just before event - is BL3R not set on host ?
Nope, AS Cadet was set few mins before

EDIT: and it's still AS Cadet
Dunno why - i've set BL3R yesterday.
Quite scary, because i'll be online just before event - Mayby Frass will change track
This is of course a conspiracy, since we don't want Spiky practice more that combo Big grin
track is loaded...get ready to kick ASs
now it's wrong again, it's BL3 while it should be BL3R. don't get me wrong, I would choose BL3 over REV anytime Big grin
Quote from Spiiiky :now it's wrong again, it's BL3 while it should be BL3R. don't get me wrong, I would choose BL3 over REV anytime Big grin

just drive it wrong way mate
oops ..BL3R eh..Storm has got the right layout loaded now Smile
I would like to protest against behaviour of just.yeman

It was not first time and it's unacceptable to be afraid of being crashed every time he is being lapped. It was ~2-4 lap when he did not respect blue flag, I lost fight against Dzidoris for 4th place because of it, then we collided again. He ended off the track. Then he crashed few other people (still under blue flag) when returning to the track.

I usually spend few hours driving during the event and I don't want to spend them just to be crashed by lapped car in beginning of the race. I'm not sure I want to keep racing here if nothing changes.
Race Control: Situation between AAspiky and just.yeman under investigation.
Race Control:
just.yeman reaciving 5 penalty points added to overall standings and reaciving a serious warning.

We are not accepting that kind of behaviour - you didn't respect any driver from top15 when blue flag waved to you. You didn't respect drivers behind you, didn't give space to let faster driver safely pass.
Even on straight you keep pushed full throttle and battled with first top5 drivers.
When you are on Blue Flag you are obligated to let others to pass you. Racing is all about fair play - then we got fine and good racing - for not you are not behaving like that.
If this situation will happen again - you will be penalized for 5 races in our league.
Reading the posts above I would like to say 2 things...

First - I have met Yeman on track few times,he's really a pain in ass to pass sometimes when racing for position - he'll fight you until almost bitter end. Sometimes a bit ugly,rather unclean,but not really breaking any rules though. Never encountered any problems when lapping.

Second - I would like to see your statement about general lapping behaviour in your races as "you are obligated to let others to pass you" is rather widely definable term. Is it like in F1,where you almost have to pull aside,climb out of car and bow to passing majesty (which means you practically not racing for positions anymore as you lose so much time) or it's more like what I like to practice in my events - you are allowed to race at full pace even with blue flag showing,where the lapped driver just may not block any properly presented lapping attempt?
Quote from Eclipsed :Reading the posts above I would like to say 2 things...

First - I have met Yeman on track few times,he's really a pain in ass to pass sometimes when racing for position - he'll fight you until almost bitter end. Sometimes a bit ugly,rather unclean,but not really breaking any rules though. Never encountered any problems when lapping.

Not really breaking any rules !? You are trying to say me that racing with blue flag on last place ( when he spend in pit abot 15 seconds, so didn't change no repairs or refuel, anything, he didnt have any serious damage and pitting in first lap) and then when he go back to track hes just in front of the top10 battling for positions - It's quite unright to those guys because he was on racing line where guys fight and race.

Quote from Eclipsed :
Second - I would like to see your statement about general lapping behaviour in your races as "you are obligated to let others to pass you" is rather widely definable term. Is it like in F1,where you almost have to pull aside,climb out of car and bow to passing majesty (which means you practically not racing for positions anymore as you lose so much time) or it's more like what I like to practice in my events - you are allowed to race at full pace even with blue flag showing,where the lapped driver just may not block any properly presented lapping attempt?

You are right ! Even in F1 if you will not let pass when you are on blue flag, you will be penlized - i can't imagine our races if we will allow this kind of behaviour. If you pitting in first lap of 50. what did you expect in BL3 - that you will have space to race properly without blue flag ? Is someone can't predict race, think about pitstop strategy - its not in my case then.
But if someone if wasting others race to not taking rules seriously - we will penalize them.

We need to have discipline - without we will no be able to serve a good racing league.
I should have added something to my post - I was not refering to the incident discussed above as I haven't seen it. I was just writing about my previous experience...

The second part was actually a question to you - simply formed it would be: What kind of behaviour do you expect from a driver under blue flag condition?
This blue flag behaviour is interesting question and I see it specially problematic on LFS rallycross tracks. Watched the replay and looked like just.yeman just neutrally raced his own race under blue flag without changing his lines in favour of lapping cars.

On some large tracks that could be even ok (still maybe bit selfish), but on that rallycross track caused significant frustration for lapping cars. On such track I would excpect more flexibility from the driver under blue flag (that could be called also common sense combined with a touch of respect), otherwise it ruins too much the race of the lapping cars.
Thanks for the event!

I was very close to not join this race, because I had so little experience on that combo, and during practice I noticed considerable struggling in my driving. I was balancing wich lesson I need more, to race with XFG without burning clutch and destroying suspensions, or to handle the XRG without causing a mess on the track and spinning every lap somewhere. I choosed XRG, wishing for good learnings and challenges. After all, was happy I joined even I missed the possibility to live-spectate a great event. I think I improved my pb more than 10 times during race and finally ended up with low 1.11 pb wich I couldn't even think before race.

Before race I suggested we would remove the mandatory pitstop, and I felt nobody understood suggestion. As this track was very hard for XFG suspensions, it would have been really interesting to see how many of us will be able to do the race without fixing his car. This is in my opinon also one kind of skill. With mandatory pitsop we give more value for entertainment and less value for race tactics. I don't know is this the direction organizers want keep on, imo its bit arcadish way to see racing. Nevermind, I will not insist about this anymore, I think I was able to express everything I had on my heart on this topic, and that's the most important Smile

As a conclusion of my race experience, the lesson was more than I expected. The later half of the race was really enjoyable when my pace was more constant. Even my blue flag periods went quite well, I think, or if didn't please let me know about it. Sorry for Storm who spinned after touching the tail of my pink whale (was not blue flag situation Tongue)

Big congratz to Dzidoris, amazing work and nice move to upload your setup to lfs.net before the quali (actually I tested it for one lap and I felt impossible to drive it Big grin Big grin). Congratz to all who finished, was amazing to watch replay. So many good fights, and I am also amazed how some racers are able to maintain pace without rear suspensions. Im just too curious not to think, how it would have been continued if the race were an endurance of let's say 100 laps.

Okay, here the vids. Was too difficult to catch all good fights. Amazing that the tight grid survived considerably well T1! That tells something about the professionality level in the league. Big respect for LFS racing community.

First vid is full race using LFS Director.
Second vid, just for comparison, first laps shooted with LFS static cameras.

ps. sorry for long post
I have an exhibit for the blue flag discussion as well. Big grin

Lönni was 1 lap down but kept driving close behind me and attacking me for what felt like 20 laps in the middle of the race. I thhink I made it clear that I didn't appreciate that by honking and using the chat. In the end, we crashed and I lost a few seconds because of it. I insulted him in the heat of the moment which I want to apologize for but I saw it coming already in the laps before the accident since he was driving so close to me despite being lapped.
It's fine if you are that much faster that you can pass without obstructing the driver in the lead lap but if you realize that you aren't able to do that then you should stay back, IMO.

This isn't a report or anything, I just wanted to add this to the blue flag discussion. Tongue
Personally, I feel that one should not feel obliged to give way immediately. Meaning, LFS shows blues with cars a full second behind. I'll understand that one may not wish to pull over at that first instance and lose something like 3 seconds in the process.

But once the leader comes up to around 3 car lengths, or enough to warrant a pass - then move aside.
Sounds like the most effective solution for both the lapee and the lapper (lol, new word).

However, I have come across several cases when people simply ignore the blues, and refuse to give way, move off line or keep defending the position. In this scenario, I'd recommend everyone have a "blue flag, move" bind for easy use.

If after the bind, the driver still refuses to move, for me (my own take, open to comments, but it's my style, uhm), I normally give a bumper rub, like they do in V8 Supercars. Just enough to unsettle the lapee and make him slide wide. Basically physically moving the lapped car. Only in serious cases, however. And of course, for blockers or race ruiners, I just pit them out of the way, because why not lol.

Hope it's an insight, somehow Rofl
.. There is no reason to expand this topic - if someone see blue flag its obviouse he is just slower than faster guys - that's why he should 'move away' in any possible situation in track to not disturb top drivers racing with their pace or battle.

Tommorow is the day for second event of new season with new rules. Last time top3 winner will reacive weight handicap - we will remind them to put those bags of steel to car Smile

XFG is picked, predicting much of close fights Wink

See you tommorow Wink
Aston Cadet is set on server again.
See on log that airo restarted, that's why imho

Now is okay, set for today's event Wink
I will take my chance to suggest some changes to restart policy. Because at the moment, it makes no sense.

When you crash/make mistake, the best thing you can do is to stay on track to crash as many people as you can and force restart this way. I don't think this is something that anyone wants here. It happens like every other race and it's annoying. All the effort you take to go as fast as possible and be careful at the same time is gone and for me it destroys the atmosphere of good racing. I would like to see no restarts at all. No matter what. Maybe that will make people think and they will be more careful.

Just something to consider and think about...
IMHO all crashes are made right afer the start, i sugested this many Times, you got 1 hour race with opportunities to overtake, not 5 guys in one turn. When you Will start respect others and give space to eachothers there will be no crashes at all.
How does FasT finished 37 seconds behind leader?

Fragmaster's GTi Thursday
(548 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG