The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
Ruf Cup requires D4.0 or up. I think GT3 has more attendees, but of course higher competition. You really need some practice to jump into that, although it's mostly a RUF Track league rather than multicar. You can face some pretty nice people in RUF Cup aswell, the races are kinda close in there too. Or you can of course race both if you have both cars.
o fak
i need 2 get that 4.0 with mx5
Would love to try Iracing, but would rather use Keyboard. and not wheel and pedals ?

Why can`t you use keyboard
Because handling a car with keyboard in a game where you get incident points and Safety Rating penalties isn't the best idea, right? There are enough incident with only wheel users aswell. Anyways, someone who can afford to use iRacing as supposed to can probably afford a wheel aswell, in my opinion.
Quote from Mikjen :Would love to try Iracing, but would rather use Keyboard. and not wheel and pedals ?

Why can`t you use keyboard

because you would be awful?
I manage fine on LFS with keyboard,
oh well with have to go get a wheel and pedals and try it out

Thank You
Quote from Mikjen :I manage fine on LFS with keyboard,
oh well with have to go get a wheel and pedals and try it out

Thank You

Quote from lfsworld :WR-diff +0:05.260 923 laps

I wouldn't call that "managing fine"
Using a keyboard in LFS is not that bad, if you know how to do it. Look at Steelbeen for example, he's been using keyboard for ages, and is very fast with FOX and doesn't have problems racing with others. But LFS offers some nice settings for keyboard users, like the stabilisation, steer and return rates and a couple of others, which makes it easier to handle when you get used to it.

So it's not impossible to race using a keyboard, but driving on ovals is not ideal, which is a big part of iRacing. And it needs a decent support for it to be usable.
I guess I'm a little late to the Pro/DWC Road running, but if you want to really go for it, go for it in S1 or S2 if you haven't already started. The A class series is really weak with a few exceptions. Only the top 15 of S1 and S2 will be considered for Pro this year.

I'd say go for Pro if you have the time, 2013 was a very competitive field throughout imo and the 2014 DWC I think really has the best of the best due to it. 2014 Pro is most likely going to be no where near as competitive. If you want always competitive fields, run GT3.
I would love to go for Pro indeed. I bought the FW31 and I have pretty much every tracks in that series except Virginia, but there is a problem. I am simply like 5 seconds off pace with that car. I see where I'm losing time, but for sake I just can't adjust to it. Not that I drove it so much (10 laps or so), but still. Jump into a RUF and you are 1 sec off the WR after 5 laps. Any tips on getting adjusted to that car, or regards driving?

Also, I'm driving the GT3 and RUF Cup simulatenously, and they indeed are competitive. They are bound to turn into wreck parties though...
Quote from Kristi :I would love to go for Pro indeed. I bought the FW31 and I have pretty much every tracks in that series except Virginia, but there is a problem. I am simply like 5 seconds off pace with that car. I see where I'm losing time, but for sake I just can't adjust to it. Not that I drove it so much (10 laps or so), but still. Jump into a RUF and you are 1 sec off the WR after 5 laps. Any tips on getting adjusted to that car, or regards driving?

Also, I'm driving the GT3 and RUF Cup simulatenously, and they indeed are competitive. They are bound to turn into wreck parties though...

turn off ffb, set wheel to 200 degrees and throw it around the corners. that's how the pro guys do it.
The FW31 was/is weird... I remember training on Road America, did several laps then I managed to finish a "badass" lap. I thought I nailed it. Nope, horribly off pace. I don't get it until today. Well, it's a pro car for a reason.

But it still looks like they're just throwing the car around, weird to watch and kind of unreal. Or I just suck big time. Well, I think I do.
Well, I guess it's the hardcore mode in the sim, but being 5 sec off is still unreal.
5 seconds on a 1:10 track sounds weird, using iR default set?
Quote from Kristi :I would love to go for Pro indeed. I bought the FW31 and I have pretty much every tracks in that series except Virginia, but there is a problem. I am simply like 5 seconds off pace with that car. I see where I'm losing time, but for sake I just can't adjust to it. Not that I drove it so much (10 laps or so), but still. Jump into a RUF and you are 1 sec off the WR after 5 laps. Any tips on getting adjusted to that car, or regards driving?

That would mean you are a worse driver than me . No seriously, those guys basically memorize ever bump on a track and know where to stick it. Plus a good set helps too. Race vs Q etc
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :5 seconds on a 1:10 track sounds weird, using iR default set?

Yup, it was baseline set. I didn't really know where to start in terms of setting the car up.

If you have the MP4, drive that and try to still stay competitive with the RUFs, The MP4 has the same quirks as the FW-31 does so you'll pick it up quicker if you drive the MP4 a lot.
I was within top 5 pace in my SOF with the MP4. It drives completely different imo. I mean the MP4 drives smooth as hell, on Zandvoort at least. I don't see why people said it's twitchy and bitchy.
it seems in mx5 at okayama short, that i cant get close to my PB that i did back in 2012. My pb being a 1:02.143, now my best that i can get is a 1:03:70 and i really feel I cant go any faster.

has something changed or am i just being shit?
Quote from fwanky :it seems in mx5 at okayama short, that i cant get close to my PB that i did back in 2012. My pb being a 1:02.143, now my best that i can get is a 1:03:70 and i really feel I cant go any faster.

has something changed or am i just being shit?

They changed the tyre model for the MX5 and for a couple of other cars to the new version. But I was faster with the new one then the old, at least on Lime Rock.
Quote from tikshow :They changed the tyre model for the MX5 and for a couple of other cars to the new version. But I was faster with the new one then the old, at least on Lime Rock.

so im just being shit then? thought so, either im doing something terrible wrong or im just incredibly rusty :S
I had 1.01 as my PB in 2011 and as I see, top splits are doing 1.03ish now. Happens.
Quote from fwanky :so im just being shit then? thought so, either im doing something terrible wrong or im just incredibly rusty :S

As far I noticed it deppends on the track, but not just the MX5. For example the GT40 is a whole 3-4 seconds slower on Road America and 1-1,5 sec faster on Laguna Seca.
Quote from fwanky :so im just being shit then? thought so, either im doing something terrible wrong or im just incredibly rusty :S

They also change the weather around between seasons so the same car could be faster or slower at the same track even if they don't update the physics. Blame the wind for anything weird in the corners with the winged cars.

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG