The online racing simulator
I think you can extend the colour base of the LFS.
For example:
0 - white
1 - black
2 - red
3 - green
and etc
^20 - light-red
^21 - dark-red

For example:
^20+Audi TT (Audi TT)
where, "+" this space
can't you allowed on AU and BL tracks 31 cars, because 16 is not enough for our events...
I'm pretty sure that requires track update,since there are not enough places made to spawn cars joining the track. But still,we have to admit that this 16 positions restriction kicks organizers in nuts if they want to make something big there...
The new instant join system really is instant For example Daniel disconnected and the reconnected immediately after and it all took less then one second from my guest perspective, with about us ~10 on that server at a time. I can't tell exactly but it feels ~1-2 second faster then before (that beeing with all textures and other info cached into memory already). On first time connection, while the track is loading, skins are downloading, recieving all the packets etc. it's harder to notice (now client perspective).

I like that Hector brought up the connection message appearance because if there's more of us then it isn't nitpicking eh?
It's harder to tell when a person has connected for me and i hate to miss to greet a person i know, or even when he start talking to me and i didn't even note he is there. That can be scary

Saw your suggestions and an 'invite' for us see if we like it, so here are mine:

Nickname connected (username)
Nickname - light gray unless color coded (same as before);
connected - blue for visibility (same as before);
(username) - purposely light gray to be less visible, connected already stands out with it's blue color since it's unique shade of blue. There are no other insim stuff using this blue to my knowlege, even if i'm wrong it is very rare. Using two words for blue on connect would be too much of a light show in my opinon.

Nickname disconnected (username)
Nickname - light gray unless color coded (same as before);
the rest should stay as it were even if it is harder to read. Few reasons for that. It's not harder to read It stands out less when it appears at first but if you decide to read it it reads normal - it ain't THAT dark. Secondly, it stands out with it's less visible appearance, creating a hole in the chat field. Lastly it stands out with it's unique dark gray shade (except maybe while shift+f8, also no other insim... u know the rest).

That's how i like it
Dunno if old mpr's should work correct on this 6b12 but when people talk you only see the host name talk.

Hey my first comment
Quote from RC-Maus :Dunno if old mpr's should work correct on this 6b12 but when people talk you only see the host name talk.

Hey my first comment

LOL, yes
B12 replays are fine, only old ones

Welcome to forum Storm
I found a few bugs in single player mode:
1. REPLAY: Table of results don't work properly (Qualification).
2. REPLAY: LFS doesn't record when driver took over car from other driver.
3. REPLAY: Something is wrong with name and numberplate while playing replay.
4. GAME: You can't change driver profile in next qualification (When you turn off replay by restart). [Fixed in B12]
5. GAME: LFS crashes when you try to close window, when you're in driver options. [Fixed in B12]

How to reproduce:
1. Make sure you have only two driver profiles.
2. Go to single player mode.
3. Start qualification.
4. Drive one full lap and change driver profile.
5. Drive another full lap and look at table of results (CTRL+TAB).
6. Press 1 to load replay, take a look at table of results (LFS overwrites result of first driver). [BUG #1,2]
7. Press SHIFT+R.
8. Look at name and numberplate. [BUG #3]
9. Try change driver profile. [BUG #4]
10.Go to Driver options (SHIFT+O) and press ALT+F4. [BUG #5]

BUG #3 explanation:
When you watching replay first time, numberplate will be comes from driver who was selected as the second and name from driver who was selected as the first (from the beginning to the end of replay).
When you leave single player mode and you open replay again, numberplate and name will be comes from driver who was selected as the first (from the beginning to the end of replay).

Tested on 0.5Z and 0.6B11.
I don't remember why I didn't send this post yesterday.

EDIT:
I wonder why reflections looks different between Replay1.jpg and Replay2.jpg (Second screenshot was taken after track reloading, when I leave single player mode and I open replay again).
Attached images
InGame.jpg
Replay1.jpg
Replay2.jpg
Just one "bugfix suggestion", I think it's not very hard to fix:

Isn't it possible to make the qualify position based on the License name? I mean, even the demo racers need a demo license to play online, so you don't need to make a different qualify system to S2 and demo server...

I'm asking this, because as the qualify is based on your username, if you make a good time with name "blablabla", and before the start you change it to "blabla" you'll start on the last position
Hi Scawen:

Is there the possibility (in future) for an entirely command-line dedicated server. The invisible dedi still trys to create a window, which is not great for headless servers (it's workaround able, but not great).

It's probably pretty low priority, but its a request.
Quote from Specht77 :I'm asking this, because as the qualify is based on your username,

Playername yes. I've heard that from a team member earlier this month. Never knew/realized that the qualifying is based on playername, should indeed be more convenient when its registered on LFS account name.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, this is done differently now. Your message is sent back to you from the host and displayed the same way as everyone else's messages, instead of being displayed locally and the host avoiding sending it back to you.

Wooo, I thought it was always that way, because Airio commands don't get shown on the screen if Airio doesn't feel like showing them (e.g. admin cmds). Perhaps the client treats msgs beginning with "!" as special? And also msgs beginning with "/" for other insims? (Apologies if this is already documented!)

Good idea to change it.
In our league we used that implementation to punish people who didn't obbey the rules. If it gets changed to username then this method would be useless and an InSim program (that we already have) would be needed.

Though I already agree it's odd to be that way in the first place
Quote from RC-Maus :Dunno if old mpr's should work correct on this 6b12 but when people talk you only see the host name talk.

Thank you - now fixed in my version.

Quote from adamshl :I found a few bugs in single player mode:

Thanks, added to my notes file but will not fix these for 0.6C.

Quote from Specht77 :Just one "bugfix suggestion", I think it's not very hard to fix:

Isn't it possible to make the qualify position based on the License name? I mean, even the demo racers need a demo license to play online, so you don't need to make a different qualify system to S2 and demo server...

This is more of a problem than you think because it needs to work for AI drivers (they don't have a user name) and LAN games (two players with the same user name). Not really worth considering for this update.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Is there the possibility (in future) for an entirely command-line dedicated server. The invisible dedi still trys to create a window, which is not great for headless servers (it's workaround able, but not great).

There is something on my notes which is to look at making a console application version. I guess that would solve the problem - do tell me if not.

But I don't know why the invisible one tries to create a window. It does not call the CreateWindowEx function. If you know a function it calls that causes a problem, I can look to see if that can be avoided as a quick fix.

Quote from Neilser :Wooo, I thought it was always that way, because Airio commands don't get shown on the screen if Airio doesn't feel like showing them (e.g. admin cmds). Perhaps the client treats msgs beginning with "!" as special? And also msgs beginning with "/" for other insims? (Apologies if this is already documented!)

InSim programs can specify a prefix character, like ! or $ so you can write messages to the InSim program.
Lines starting with / are dealt with locally or if there is no local command they are sent to the server for processing.
Storm's bug reminded me to another thing. When you type something in the chat box while playing replay, it will show like host said that. Another very usefull thing will be posibility to copy driver names and usernames, like you can while on host (right and left click). Often there are similar usernames and people that are trying to make it as similar as possible to ban some other guy...
One crasher made an account danieI-cro, in LFS it looks exactly the same as daniel-cro, so we cannot really find difference between that two without using some external add-on.

Also could we make that usernames are restricted to exactly same characters as registred. Right now I can unlock my LFS with DANIEL-CRO , DANIEl-CRO , daniel-cro , ...
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Another very usefull thing will be posibility to copy driver names and usernames, like you can while on host (right and left click). Often there are similar usernames and people that are trying to make it as similar as possible to ban some other guy...

Yes please
Maximum autocross objects increased from 800 to 900

why we need more objects in autocross if we dont have space to place them?
why 900 ?? why not go all the way to 1000 ? x)
Is there way to make string value for messages unlimited, and if it reach 150 characters, for example, its goes to next row?
Quote from Hector_UA :Is there way to make string value for messages unlimited, and if it reach 150 characters, for example, its goes to next row?

Good suggestion, I can imagine that being implemented. Although, I’d restrict it to only several lines/characters (let’s say 4 lines of 95 characters), because otherwise people can spam the chat area with tons of cr*p.
-
(Hector_UA) DELETED by Hector_UA : spam
my idea

when someon connect
ingame name ( lfs name ) grey color - connected green color

when someon disconnect
ingame name ( lfs name ) grey color - disconnect red color

sorry for not using the color letters, kinda hard to do with cellphone
all so worried about that message colors n stuff like that c'mon guys this is racing simulator not skype.

it will be better to make autocross bigger and put in some new cars!!!!
I'll release 0.6B13 in about half an hour.

It will be incompatible, so hosts and guests will need to upgrade.

Why another test patch with few updates after only one day?
Because we are getting very near to the end and fixing small issues.

Changes from 0.6B12 to 0.6B13 :

Left / right click on player name in replay now works as on line
Message : X connected - light blue / X disconnected - light grey
Use of UDP or TCP is shown beside host name in connections list
Sending position packets is avoided until guest fully connected

Fixes :

Pre-B12 MP replays in B12 showed all messages as written by host
Message typed while watching replay appeared as written by host
Pressing X button for a second showed "lost connection" on host
every little helps
Quote from edgars2229 :all so worried about that message colors n stuff like that c'mon guys this is racing simulator not skype.

it will be better to make autocross bigger and put in some new cars!!!!

I changed the message colours faster than you wrote that post!

They look good now I think. You'll see shortly...
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG