The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :It was 8.8 seconds ago the server got a packet from Frunze.

Maybe his LFS is not being given CPU time or there is an interruption to the connection between the server and his computer.

If nothing changes, the number gets higher and eventually there is a timeout.

Or maybe Frunze is racing on the moon so there is a very long ping time.

Thank.
I saw by next driver, he spoke what use 3G-modem it.
Maybe disable paint the letters in the settings, skins and number plate? And create customizable (option-display-interface).

I can't understand one thing. This a default (gray) color is a system?
You look at my examples.
1) Nick default color
L mouse BTN - yellow color of nickname
R mouse BTN - green color of nickname
2) Nick default color "Au", the yellow color of the "di" and green "TT"
L mouse BTN - yellow color "Au", the yellow color of the "di" and green "TT"
R mouse BTN - green color "Au", the yellow color of the "di" and green "TT"

At present this does not necessarily fix it
Attached images
setup_skin.jpg
nickname.jpg
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118 : fixed
Quote from [Audi TT] :
Maybe disable paint the letters in the settings, skins and number plate? And create customizable (option-display-interface).

Why? I always paint my setup names to pink, I like it

Quote from [Audi TT] :
I can't understand one thing. This a default (gray) color is a system?

This happens when first letter in your driver name isn't coloured. It would be nice to make if you didn't specified any colour to use white by default.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :This happens when first letter in your driver name isn't coloured. It would be nice to make if you didn't specified any colour to use white by default.

The default is grey color (prism). You go to the Turkish server, where all the pilots use the default (gray) color.
I think it's alright like that, well, I see no big deal with that. Default colour should change according to the background or situation. It's been like that for ages and now you decide to report it in the test patch thread.
Quote from Flame CZE :Default colour should change according to the background or situation. It's been like that for ages and now you decide to report it in the test patch thread.

I had not noticed before this.
If default color will the white color, and color's system a dev will remove from chat (T). I will be glad of it.

This dead-end situation
I agree it's a bit funny at times. The colour that things are displayed are designed as if names are not coloured. But most people use coloured names so that doesn't always work out. And yes it can be even stranger when a name is partly default colours and partly specified colours. But I won't do anything with that now.
40 concurrent connection mark reached. I'm satisfied with how its going
B14 is now available.

It is compatible with B13. Most of the fixes are on guest side.

The LFS World stats fixes are on host side.

Changes from 0.6B13 to 0.6B14 :

Orange warning message if you are auto renamed on joining a host
Message : X disconnected - dark grey (same as it was before B13)
Requested UDP message not shown on joining a host (only if TCP)

LFS World statistics fixes :

Wrong PB recorded if custom checkpoints added without restart
Live host progress did not show changes to laps or qualifying

Fixes :

Valid car position packets in TCP mode were sometimes discarded
Join host with remote car in neutral - handbrake on for 1 second
Remote car with brakes on started to roll if reset on a slope
You work fast Scawen.

I'm on B14. It just told me a lost connection to my server, which is weird since I'm on LAN and the server is a foot away from me. Shouldn't the number next to my name have increased?
Attached images
lfs_00000037.jpg
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Shouldn't the number next to my name have increased?

No, because that info comes from the server. Somehow packets stopped being exchanged between your computer and the server. That number is just the last info you got.

Why the connection broke down I don't know, but I guess something needs a reboot - probably not an LFS bug.
Quote from Scawen :
LFS World statistics fixes :

Wrong PB recorded if custom checkpoints added without restart
Live host progress did not show changes to laps or qualifying

I think the good working! Thank.
What's up with the appearing and disappearing of the Test Patch forum lately?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :What's up with the appearing and disappearing of the Test Patch forum lately?

There were two periods of a week or two while I got stuck into developing a new system (big changes) and people went back to the official version, so it was better to close the forum for those times to avoid confusion.
Too long time since i didn't play LFS.
Those updates give me wings, i'm gonna give it a try !
Cheered too early.

I don't know if B14 clients causing this or something else but the S2 server just got stuck with an endless connection queue. Can't login anymore, it was stuck for 45 minutes already.

Will update to B14 server now (this was B13) but maybe this problem returns.. Don't know.

I've send the complete B13 logfile of the s2 server in a zip file to your email address Scawen.

I think it starts around here;

Nov 27 23:02:16 Sent new user packet
Nov 27 23:02:17 Leave @ 9399678 : opossumi
Nov 27 23:02:17 opossumi^L disconnected (sgudon)
Nov 27 23:02:17 RemoveConn while JS_PROTECTED
Nov 27 23:02:17 KenCan^L connected (KenCan)
Nov 27 23:02:17 KenCan last raced on 05-11-2012 (22.0)
Nov 27 23:02:17 IS_MTC : Could not find client for connection 9

Thanks for the thorough test, finding a bug and providing the log.

I'm a bit tired now but in the morning I'll try to understand that RemoveConn while JS_PROTECTED, what could cause it and what the consequences are.
Ok no problem
May I ask one thing, when running ingame server you can set packets per second up to 12, but when running dedicated server only up to 6. Is it really limitation of dedi, or only some old DEDI documentation. I mean usually DEDIs have more bandwidth available...
12pps is only available for LAN I thought. Internet games are 6 max.
Well.. Indeed..

And that is because the maximum bandwidth cannot exceed 8 Mbit/sec. Which is considered a lot at that time, but, now in the fiber optics age maybe worth a second look at some point.

Because for some freaks 500 Mbit/sec already is available at the house
In the US, I'll have a 75MBit Down / 25 MBit Up connection to my house, using FiOS. So, having the option would be nice, as I can run a few servers off my connection if I really wanted too.

But that's not why I'm speaking to you right now, I think I've found a bug, but the problem is that it crashes my whole computer, freezes the whole thing, I have to hit the reset button to reboot the computer. I don't know yet if it's just LFS that causes the problem, or if it's the new Intel Display Drivers that I just installed (It is was Patch Tuesday for Windows).

I've attached the DxDiag for my computer, it should give you all of the information about my system that you could need. The problem is right now that I can't seem to give you a memory dump, because, ironically, Watson does not start up when the computer crashed, or start on bootup. I'll poke around in my settings to see if I can give you a memory dump or a crash report from the system, but it might be 16GB. I'm willing to upload that somewhere if you're willing to take it.
Attached files
Dygear's Computer.txt - 50.9 KB - 466 views
What are you doing to make Windows put 3 GB in the page file with 16 GB of RAM?! :P

(I actually DISABLE windows' page file with my 16 GB of RAM :P)
Quote from Dygear :I think I've found a bug, but the problem is that it crashes my whole computer, freezes the whole thing, I have to hit the reset button to reboot the computer. I don't know yet if it's just LFS that causes the problem, or if it's the new Intel Display Drivers that I just installed (It is was Patch Tuesday for Windows).

At the moment I think it is unlikely to be LFS, just because yours is the only report like that for some time.

Anyway, is it only when you run LFS?
Have you tried any other similar programs?
Is that with LFS in full screen or windowed?
Does it happen immediately or after some time?
Is there any action you can perform to reproduce the hang reliably?
Quote from Dygear :..

Could be a wild shot.
If you have any Logitech Camera devices running along side wheels/Joysticks etc etc, it can cause problems.

I removed my camera device, and the problem was gone instantly.
Hopefully this helps
Quote from cargame.nl :I think it starts around here;

Just after that point, I see this in your log file :

Nov 27 23:02:21 Saved MP replay - ^LWE1_race_6L_3R_3F

I've only just started looking into this and have a general idea. But just in case it turns out difficult, do you have this replay?
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6B12 (now B16 - multiplayer improvements - no change to physics)
(158 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG