The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :At the moment I think it is unlikely to be LFS, just because yours is the only report like that for some time.

[1)]Anyway, is it only when you run LFS?
[2)]Have you tried any other similar programs?
[3)]Is that with LFS in full screen or windowed?
[4)]Does it happen immediately or after some time?
[5)]Is there any action you can perform to reproduce the hang reliably?

1 & 2) I ran Star Trek Online using DX11 mode, that much more resource intensive then LFS, and there was no crash for double the time frame it takes to happen in LFS. So it appears to open happen with LFS, and it started happen immediately after updating my display drivers and LFS to B14. I don't know if it's the display drivers or LFS, but considering that the display drivers work with STO, I'm gonna have to pin this on LFS for now.

3 & 4) LFS is in full screen mode, the first crash happened seconds after connecting to a server, the second crash happened after about 15 minutes and one lap into the second race I had on cargame's server.

5) I can't reliably reproduce the bug, yet. But if I can, I'll be sure to give you as much information as I can.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :What are you doing to make Windows put 3 GB in the page file with 16 GB of RAM?! :P

(I actually DISABLE windows' page file with my 16 GB of RAM :P)

When Watson dumps memory, it dumps the whole system memory on a full system crash. That's if I recall correctly, that is. I am fairly sure that I'm not using a Page File, because it's really bad for the SSD's lifespan that I'm using as my system drive, so I'm pretty sure that's the first thing that I disable. (I'm not at my computer right now to confirm that.)
Quote from Scawen :Just after that point, I see this in your log file :

Nov 27 23:02:21 Saved MP replay - ^LWE1_race_6L_3R_3F

I've only just started looking into this and have a general idea. But just in case it turns out difficult, do you have this replay?

http://www.cargame.nl/dl.php?id=377652

by time, track, ... I think its this one

edit: copy link to other tab and hit enter
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :edit: copy link to other tab and hit enter

Quote from Mark Zuckerberg :And once you do get results, they don't link directly to the images; they link to a php that redirects or something. Weird. This may be difficult. I'll come back later.

Cargame, that script is very odd. You might want to fix that.
Quote from Dygear :
3 & 4) LFS is in full screen mode, the first crash happened seconds after connecting to a server, the second crash happened after about 15 minutes and one lap into the second race I had on cargame's server.

5) I can't reliably reproduce the bug, yet. But if I can, I'll be sure to give you as much information as I can.

did your PC do the same thing that happened to mine a few times in Z-patch times? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ;index=8&feature=plcp

that was on my old machine, hasn't happened on the new one yet.

edit: looking at it now it seems like some graphic/directx engine deadlock
Quote from Dygear :Cargame, that script is very odd. You might want to fix that.

Indeed it is. There is some strange Referer-check active. No idea if that was actually intended. For everyone outside, it just appears broken. No idea if they wanted to create that impression.
Quote from ACCAkut :did your PC do the same thing that happened to mine a few times in Z-patch times? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ;index=8&feature=plcp

that was on my old machine, hasn't happened on the new one yet.

edit: looking at it now it seems like some graphic/directx engine deadlock

I'm using a Intel HD 3000 on this system, with Windows 8, I just played some rounds on cargame's server and had no issues. The other system that's running windows 7 with a Intel HD 4000 crashes after the updates. I'm thinking at this point that it might be a problem with the graphics driver that is on there, as I'm unable to reproduce it on similar hardware, using the older drivers. (Granted, this is Windows 8 as well.)
Quote from Dygear :Cargame, that script is very odd. You might want to fix that.

Why is it weird? I don't want it to be indexed or linked elsewhere then on our forum. It is supposed to give a blank page when an unknown referrer is detected.

But eehhh.. Yeah.. Like daniel-cro suggested, opening a blank page does the job.
Quote from Scawen :I'm a bit tired now but in the morning I'll try to understand that RemoveConn while JS_PROTECTED, what could cause it and what the consequences are.

OK, this is now understood, reproduced and fixed.

If a guest disconnected during a small period of up to around half a second while another was connecting, this could happen. This bug was introduced with the new instant join system, because the PlayerJoining state was removed. But there is an easily available JoinState variable to provide the same protection. It's quite simple really and was just a point I missed while working on the new system.

I'm looking at one more thing, so expect a B15 update this afternoon!
The patch seems to work great, haven't had any time out since patch B12!

In B I had time-outs all the time, because I got a very bad connection. Scawen you've done some great work, thanks a lot!
Dygear: Have you tried any other DX8 games? As DX10+ is completely separate to DX9 and below, it's possible that the Intel driver has broken something old that LFS uses.
I don't know how Intel's driver availability is, but is it possible to revert to an older driver version to see if it still crashes?
IS_MSO bug?
I'm fairly sure I found a little bug. I compared 0.6B with 0.6B14 and can reproduce it. In 0.6B when you enter an InSim command with prefix in chat (T) and press enter and then press T again and use up arrow to see the T history you will come across the InSim command you entered previously. In 0.6B14 when you do exactly the same thing the InSim command won't show up in the chat (T) history. Anyone else can reproduce this with his InSim app?
Quote from sicotange :...Anyone else can reproduce this with his InSim app?

Yep, it's like that for me, good spot.

I guess it's to do with the way that the messages are now displayed from the server rather than locally, so it doesn't make it into the local history buffer?
Quote from sicotange : Anyone else can reproduce this with his InSim app?

Eh yes, yesterday. But I didn't fully realize it. Now that you mention it
Yes, as Degats said.

I find that code a bit confusing and I'm running out of brain power.

Is it ok to live with that one for now?

I think it needs a bit of thought. For example, I think some /commands always got lost in a similar way, and it would be best to sort the lot out all at once, so all messages that appear and all typed commands that don't appear all end up in the history.
Quote from Scawen :Is it ok to live with that one for now?

Yeah, it's a minor annoyance, no show-stopper.
Quote :Is it ok to live with that one for now?

No problem, a mini tradeoff for the improved multiplayer system and overall snappier feel, I can live with that
B15 is now available.

Please do update, guests and hosts if at all possible.

This may be the last evening of testing, so it needs a good test.
hmm i got a OOS-CAR for no reason
my lfs is clean

i thought i could reproduce it , but i cant.
Attached images
OOS CAR.jpg
Right, that will be because of an oversight in the new cheat protection.

This is on guest side so it's no problem for hosts to update to B15.

Exactly what did you do, to get the OOS? If we know what it is, I can fix it.
left the pits in XFG, turn off engine, minimize LFS, bring LFS to front, move wheel and you get OOS.
tried it 3 times
Quote from Scawen :Right, that will be because of an oversight in the new cheat protection.

This is on guest side so it's no problem for hosts to update to B15.

Exactly what did you do, to get the OOS? If we know what it is, I can fix it.

what DANIEL-CRO said , he was faster than me xd
I can't reproduce this.
i cant reproduce it either anymore:S
Here is replay maybe it will be easier to debug with it
Attached files
agdsf.mpr - 174.6 KB - 336 views
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG