The online racing simulator
Figure skating, cute females in Lycra

Drifting, boys in toys, a lack of Lycra unless you include pit girls, who sometimes are in Lycra.

Just my personal opinion, feel free to disagree, I'll personally settle for the Lycra !

Drifting can be cool, racing can be cool, cruising, I get to do that everyday so mmmmmmm.

Do wtf you enjoy and don't bother expecting others to agree.

Now, back to the figure skating...,....
Quote from Töki (HUN) :These haters:
  • prefer FWD (which is clearly gay) and they are jelly that they can't have fun with them
  • suck at drifting, so they rather say it sucks
  • are Greenpeace activist, save the earth and shiz, tyre smoke is harmful for the environment blabla...
  • are not interested in cars
  • own riced up Honda Civics
  • are boring people who don't like having fun at all

Amen.
haters will hate - that´s what they do, and if you let yourself pull into an argument with them they´ll beat you with experience...

anybody who has some self esteem knows that there is no difference wether you race or drift - it´s all about car control and getting closer to the limits.

a (tarmac) racer does his best to keep the car out of drift for speed (in rally racing drifts are often way faster) and the drifter guys do everything to stay in the drift, while both have to stay on the "racetrack". so it´s just opposite sides of the same medal and many people seem to have problems in general to accept this fact.

much of the hate comes from racers and drifters clashing on the same servers, because of the reasons mentioned above those two groups are not compatible, even if they are all car enthusiasts.

and for the argument of drifting not being a sport - after all there are rules and an agreement what particular ability is to judge and score some points. i agree that in some sports this scoring is a bit subjective and corresponds with the personal taste of the judges, but if this is the level on which the contestants are measured than they must fight to win that points. if everybody knows that the "race" is not for being the fastest but for being the prettiest, than the sport is to be more pretty than the others.
so in the end it must be a sport because they are battling for who has the most of something they decided to race for.

to avoid haters you just have to be a bit situation aware. first it´s best to drift on drift servers. if you just start and for whatever the reason want to develop your drifting skills on public race servers instead of the singleplayer mode, then be aware of other racers that join the server after you and not expect you to be drifting around on a race host. in that case leave the server to go drifting elsewhere or switch to racing amongst the other players.

there are way less haters than nice racers and drifters, so just ignoring them is the best bet, just like don´t feed the trolls.
instead have fun whatever your fun is and keep on improving on your personal goals.

peace, mo
Why, if everybody hates drifting so much, is there a thread right next to this one where a drifter is asking for help and no one has hated him yet. There are both drifters and racers giving him advice. No hating what so ever.

Where is this hating that you are continuously feeling? I bet it's all in your own head, you emotionally challenged drifter.

I have nothing against drifting. You like doing it, do it. That takes nothing away from me. Provided you do it where it's appropriate. I don't go on a drift server if I want to race. If I did I wouldn't complain afterwards that everybody hates racing because I got kicked.

What I do not like are twerps who post on forums how they have hurt their feelings when someone has said what they like to do is stupid.

I play computer games, which some think is stupid. Do I care what they think? No.
I race RC cars. Some people think this is stupid too. Do I care? No.
I have nothing against drifting, but that's what dirt track racing is for

In all seriousness though, I have nothing against it, it's just not my thing.
In drifting there are also right hand turns.
Quote from FlyingBus :I don't drift to show off, I do it for fun, so why do you guys like hate drifters?

you'll say "drifting is pointless"

Playing lfs is pointless too, but I play it because it is fun.
You guys should stop hating drifters.

I don't hate drifters. I hate when people add 'like' into a sentence for no reason.

Personally speaking, I don't like the sport of drifting. I just don't, it doesn't appeal to me. I don't hate it, I just don't care for it. What I do hate, though, is the 'scene' that encompasses it. "Dub," the whole 'import' scene with the ugly-as-sin bodykits, modifications to vehicles for purely visual purposes that destroy any practicality the vehicles may have had, and the stupid people prevalent in the 'scene' with their moronic slang and abuse of the English (or any other) language whose sole purpose in life seems to be spending huge sums of money on crappy economy cars, hooking up with as many people as possible and living a completely empty lifestyle. In short, it's a shallow, hollow 'scene' which is the utopia of shallow, hollow people.

I recognize that not everyone in the 'scene' is like that. But to those who use that as an excuse, you must recognize that is the image of your 'scene.'
Quote from MAGGOT :I hate when people add 'like' into a sentence for no reason.

Sorry; I live on the east coast of the US, so that's just kinda how we all talk.

You know, now that you mention it, it really is rather retarted.
Because Tokyo drift wasnt the best part of 2fast2furious
Quote from FlyingBus :Sorry; I live on the east coast of the US, so that's just kinda how we all talk.

You know, now that you mention it, it really is rather retarted.

I'm also from the east coast, and I don't talk like that

You'll grow out of it. Hopefully
Quote from Töki (HUN) :These haters:
  • prefer FWD (which is clearly gay) and they are jelly that they can't have fun with them
  • suck at drifting, so they rather say it sucks
  • are Greenpeace activist, save the earth and shiz, tyre smoke is harmful for the environment blabla...
  • are not interested in cars
  • own riced up Honda Civics
  • are boring people who don't like having fun at all

You do not know nothing about that in real life then... You can't never take me thinking other way, just only because you are so wrong... and very badly
Why do we not hate drifting so not much, that is shall not only be the question.
#40 - col
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
'Cause I know what it means
to walk along the lonely street of dreams
I love drifting. I think it's an original way of driving. (Historically it's still original IMO) May it be rally, or joy drifting or whatever. I like to see the front cutting the apex with the rear out wide. It's eye candy. Fun to watch and do.
Quote from pärtan :I love drifting. I think it's an original way of driving.

No it isn't. Driving a VW Lupo while simultaneously listening to doom metal, defecating, and chewing bubblegum is.
Quote from FlyingBus :I don't drift to show off, I do it for fun, so why do you guys like hate drifters?

Because it's gay
Because they think there is no skill involved in doing it properly. Oh how wrong are they.
Why should we like drifters?
Quote from March Hare :Why should we like drifters?

Bcuzzz drifts R maaaaaaad. Ppl getz maaaaad @ driftz0rs bcuz they jellybelly!! Tewkrjewbs!!!
It's not the drifting, and although there is skill involved in it, I think there is more skill in not drifting.

It's the people. The stupid backwards stickers. The comment that it is quicker than normal driving. The stupid clothes. The stupid language. Nobody with an average IQ or better has ever gone drifting. It also seems to attract the least attractive girls with the most makeup, but that's a good thing because I'm not there. All the drifters I know In real life can barely string a sentence together, and all of them buy stuff based entirely on the brand image and not on a products actual qualities.
@Troustunklauffe

U jellybelly bcuz we luke ceeewl wit maaaaaad camberrrrr
Quote from tristancliffe :Nobody with an average IQ or better has ever gone drifting.

You must be quite famous, since you know all the drifters. I can't believe that someone can actually think that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG