The online racing simulator
Quote from Takumi_lfs :@Troustunklauffe

U jellybelly bcuz we luke ceeewl wit maaaaaad camberrrrr

DAM LOW AND SLAM THAT SHIT

etc..
Quote from tristancliffe :It's not the drifting, and although there is skill involved in it, I think there is more skill in not drifting.

It's the people. The stupid backwards stickers. The comment that it is quicker than normal driving. The stupid clothes. The stupid language. Nobody with an average IQ or better has ever gone drifting. It also seems to attract the least attractive girls with the most makeup, but that's a good thing because I'm not there. All the drifters I know In real life can barely string a sentence together, and all of them buy stuff based entirely on the brand image and not on a products actual qualities.

Init bruv
Quote from Nadeo4441 :You must be quite famous, since you know all the drifters. I can't believe that someone can actually think that.

Whether it's true or not, that's the impression the drifting community sends out. It's always more Pimp My Ride foolishness than applied science and brainpower.
IMO people hate the moment when fun driving evolved into 'drifting the serious business', which is not.
Look, who would hate this: http://youtu.be/9yHl24QynOM?t=54s
That's just guys having fun by fooling around with a tracktor. At same conditions I would do the same (have myself made back stepping out for a 7.5 ton truck on icy company territory,just for fun).
Put another tracktor there,put some referees,make them doing that gay pair skate and say it's something very exiting and your got yourself people around saying how ridiculous it is and has nothing to do with sport.
You know, racing is a lot of fun, but drifting is the real challenge if you want to do it right. 900 degree steering, clutch and H-Shifter, thats the real way to do it, and you dont understand how hard it can be to get full lock and hold it round the corner. Also twin or train drifting, getting as close the the other car whilst being as much sideways as possible. I can drift at 720 with H-Shifter, but not 900 yet. I have respect for the people that can.
I've never seen a drifter call racing stupid, so why do you guys make fun of the drifters? Can't you keep your unvalued opinion to yourself?

I think having drift competitions is a little much, but drifting is still more fun than plain driving.

In the words of Keiichi "Drift King" Tsuchiya: "I don't drift as a fast way to corner, I drift as a fun way to corner."
Quote from FlyingBus :
I think having drift competitions is a little much

Drift competitions are fine.
Quote :but drifting is still more fun than plain driving.

Subjective statement without anything to back it up with.

In the words of FlyingBus, "Can't you keep your unvalued opinion to yourself?"
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Drift competitions are fine.

Subjective statement without anything to back it up with.

In the words of FlyingBus, "Can't you keep your unvalued opinion to yourself?"

Was not a statement, it was an opinion, and I wasn't making fun of anyone.

I will not keep my opinion to myself because this is my thread.
Looks like drift is not enough fun, this thread is more fun
Quote from FlyingBus :Was not a statement, it was an opinion, and I wasn't making fun of anyone.

I think you should go investigate what constitutes a statement. You made a loaded post that ignores most of the things said in this thread up until that point. Flamebait, trolling.

Quote :I will not keep my opinion to myself because this is my thread.

So you make a thread in a discussion forum, inviting discussion and then dismiss other people's opinions as unvalued. Why make a thread at all if you aren't willing to have rational discussion
Quote from NotAnIllusion :So you make a thread in a discussion forum, inviting discussion and then dismiss other people's opinions as unvalued. Why make a thread at all if you aren't willing to have rational discussion

Fair point.

I just think all this internet trolling, hatred for other people and just saying random stuff that may be insults to someone, to make other people laugh, is just getting out of hand now. Looking back just under 5 years, when i first started playing LFS, it was a great community, everyone willing to help, and only the "odd fool" that people would ignore. Now if you take a step back and look from the outside, its all pathetic.

It would be so much easier to just get along with everyone, no matter if your a racer, cruiser or drifter. LFS is in decline, and if we can have fun on track, thats a bonus, but at the heart of the community (the forums), we need to settle down and start to build foundations and stay strong as a whole. Help the sim move forward, not spiral down in to some immature abyss.

I would also like to make a request to have this thread shut down, as all aspects are covered, as to reasons why people like and dislike drifting. Its all getting a little personal in some ways.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I think you should go investigate what constitutes a statement. You made a loaded post that ignores most of the things said in this thread up until that point. Flamebait, trolling.

So you make a thread in a discussion forum, inviting discussion and then dismiss other people's opinions as unvalued. Why make a thread at all if you aren't willing to have rational discussion

I tried making a simple thread asking rational reasons to hate drifters.

I got horrible answers like:

"because its gay"

and

"Nobody with an average IQ or better has ever gone drifting."

I just wanted to see why you guys really hate it, and i have'nt gotten a single answer that makes sense at all. i'm not even a drifter and im hated now. Why can't I get a rational reason?

You don't have to be so condescending.
Well, I don't mean to sound insulting (now), but... If you open with a title so biased as this one's and provide no factual evidence of large-scale hate, you can't expect to receive serious responses. If you'd come up with a title more open to some real discussion, perhaps the story would be different. Also note that some people who have joined these forums several ago have observed this topic appear on a regular basis, and may have become jaded seeing the same hateful predispositions come and go over the years.
Quote from Scrabby :In drifting there are also right hand turns.

Of course. I didn't indicate dirt track oval racing. You may have implied it though it was not what I ment.
Quote from FlyingBus :I tried making a simple thread asking rational reasons to hate drifters.

I got horrible answers like:

"because its gay"

and

"Nobody with an average IQ or better has ever gone drifting."

I just wanted to see why you guys really hate it, and i have'nt gotten a single answer that makes sense at all. i'm not even a drifter and im hated now. Why can't I get a rational reason?

You don't have to be so condescending.

Uh.. yes you have. Read my previous post. It makes perfect sense. The reason it's hated is because of the asinine culture associated with it. How does that not make sense?
#68 - col
Quote from NotAnIllusion :...If you'd come up with a title more open to some real discussion, perhaps the story would be different.

exactly...
"Do you guys hate drifting?" might have been more sensible

or maybe a poll would have been fun e.g.

please choose one option from the following:

1 I hate drifting
2 I love drifting
3 I'm indifferent towards drifting
4 I like drifting and drifters, it's just FlyingBus I hate.
5 I like pie, and drifting is fine as long as I can have some pie
6 I feel sorry for people who have an irrational persecution complex
7 I pretend to hate drifting because of what people might say if they knew the truth.
8 I enjoy a good hard race.
Quote from MAGGOT :Uh.. yes you have. Read my previous post. It makes perfect sense. The reason it's hated is because of the asinine culture associated with it. How does that not make sense?

i know, but in lfs you can't do all that stuff, and i was talking about in lfs. i really don't want to be hated just because i find it fun to throw the tail out once in a while.

everyone is being rude to me, if this is a sensitive topic with the community i'm sorry, i didn't know. i just didn't understand.
If you're getting hated because you drift every now and then, you're hanging around in the wrong crowds. Why you're getting some "rude" responses in this thread has more to do with the attitude of your first post than with drifting.

"Everyone" isn't out to get you, please stop victimising yourself or at least show that you're being unreasonably hated on because of drifting, outside of this thread.
No. Drifting isn't a sensitive topic. It is emotionally challenged drifters who are sensitive. Just like you. Just because you occasionally throw your arse around and somebody didn't like it you come here crying how everyone hates you.
Quote from FlyingBus :i know, but in lfs you can't do all that stuff, and i was talking about in lfs. i really don't want to be hated just because i find it fun to throw the tail out once in a while.

everyone is being rude to me, if this is a sensitive topic with the community i'm sorry, i didn't know. i just didn't understand.

Drifting is drifting, doesn't matter if it's in real life or in a video game, it's all related. People who drift in video games are often into it in real life, too. That same stupid 'scene' culture has come into these very forums as a result of the large drifting community in this game.
Quote from March Hare :No. Drifting isn't a sensitive topic. It is emotionally challenged drifters who are sensitive. Just like you. Just because you occasionally throw your arse around and somebody didn't like it you come here crying how everyone hates you.

Dude, all of your posts have been pointless insults hoping to get a reaction from the guy, just leave the topic because your really making a bad reputation for yourself.
Quote from xtraction :Dude, all of your posts have been pointless insults hoping to get a reaction from the guy, just leave the topic because your really making a bad reputation for yourself.

So is this whole thread. Started just after someone else has gotten two perfectly helpful and friendly replies to a question about drifting. There never was any hate in that thread. The only real hate is in the mind of the OP. That's all.

If I get a reputation for speaking the truth even if it's painful, so be it.

Besides if you would use the forum search you would find countless similar threads where a sole drifter comes crying about how everybody hates him. All those threads have a few things in common. One person whines. Several other people tell him he is wrong. OP still whines. Some other dim drifters come and join the whining. Several racers and drifters, who have been around a little longer, tell the OP to get on with drifting if he likes and not care what other people think. Still whining from the new drifters. Persons who have been around for longer get fed up. Insults fly. Thread gets closed.
For one. You drift in lfs to have fun imo. If you partake in a comp to win, your not having fun.

2. Racing is fun and is meant more for a competitive activity. Sure you can have a fun race, but for the most part, your in it to win it.

Just my dollar and 5 cents

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG