The online racing simulator
why do you guys hate drifting so much?
I don't drift to show off, I do it for fun, so why do you guys like hate drifters?

you'll say "drifting is pointless"

Playing lfs is pointless too, but I play it because it is fun.
You guys should stop hating drifters.
we do? last time I checked people only hated cruisers, and nowadays even that is changing.
Because a part of the LFS community are "elites" and just... ****s.

Examples:
* New guy comes into LFSForum, have no clue what to do and asks a question he probally could find either by google or search functions - the forum goes mentall and flames the shit out of the guy.

* A guy comes in and wants to make a statement about his new cruise server - forum goes apeshit

* New guy comes in posting his laptimes which he is happy of - gets laughed of because it's considered slow compared to the "elite" racers.

* Lastly, new member asks for mods, having no clue that mods such as altering car shape is not allowed - if lucky a warning, but most likely he will get a flamewar so far up his ass that he will give birth to fireballs out his arse.

I completely agree that you should play the game how you want it. Be it if it's cruising, drifting, drag, crashing (on servers made for that) or other forms of entertainment.
If you want to drift - do it, don't waste energi talking to people that are too high of themself and belifes they are Michael Schumacher because they can play a computergame
Since I'm ill at home and bored,I'll post my thoughts:

Lately drifting has become such a trend - every little boy looks at it and sees those drivers as superheros. Why? I because everywhere it's posted as something very cool and you know the kids - they do everything to stay in trend. But why it is so "cool" - I have no idea. I have to admit,that it's fun to slide around with car,have a bit sideways action,done it my self,enjoying handbrake pulling in winters (had only FWD cars),but I don't understand,what it has to do with sport. If car racing could be compared with speed skating,than drifting deffinitely is figure skating - and who calls it a sport??? (ok,olympics apparenlty,but the have done other mistakes too ) Ok,it's a nice show,where drivers show their skills to keep car sideways,just like stunt shows,where drivers showing their skills to keep car on 2 wheels or similar,but nobody calls that as sport. I don't see why 2 guys figureskating 2-3 turns wasting a lot of gasoline to turn tyre rubber into smoke can be a sport,where a winner is decided by some referees,which is already wrong,as sport's primary directives are - faster,higher,longer (physically measurable data to decide the best),and don't start to oppone with angles,clippoints,smoke amount in cubicmeters or whatever,it's all BS.

About drifting is pointless - it's mostly about guys that hang out in servers,figureskating the whole day and then posing with some scored mystical points,it IS really pointless,what is the point of that,what's the fun of that to do it whole day? Racing makes fun,as you have some nice battles,can go for better laptimes,have adrenaline squeezing the best out of you just to be better in finish,especially if it's a close one,because it's human nature - everyone want's to be the best or at least better then others. While drifting is still just posing - and who likes posers anyway?

So with my freeride text,there is conclusion - we don't like drifters,because they are posers!

Sue me if you don't like my opinion.
Quote from FlyingBus :I don't drift to show off, I do it for fun, so why do you guys like hate drifters?

Why do you want our approval? Go and do whatever you want and don't care what other people think. Why would anyone's opinion matter to you?
Haters gonna hate, and all that jazz.

But really, things aren't so bad around here nowadays. Some years back simply mentioning drifting usually resulted in an instant flame war, now the hate is aimed more towards cruisers.

My advice: simply do what you like doing, be it racing, drifting or even cruising. There will always be people with the mindset of "Stop liking things I don't like!" but it's best to ignore them and drive the way you want to drive.
#7 - Omar1
Drifting is great fun and i do it cause everyone seems to be better at racing than me haha, its not pointless and its not figureskating, its precision; go watch Keep Drifting Fun and you'll see a whole new side to drifting!
LFSforums is not really the ideal place for drifters. I do enjoy drifting for fun nowadays, but I do not tend to take part in some minicomps as I used to before. For fun I really do mean by messing around and speaking over at TS or skype with fellow guys. Taking drifting way too ''serious'' won't really get you anywhere.
Quote from Eclipsed :Since I'm ill at home and bored,I'll post my thoughts:

there are a lot of judged sports out there and I think we all agree drifting is a shit load better then figure skating lol

people do it because its fun, when it stops being fun stop doing it, others hate people having fun? track owners hate us because we wreck the edge of the track, the media hates us because they have to hate someone, etc
Personally i dont hate drifting at all, infact, i drift quite a lot and i enjoy it. If you want a community dedicated to LFS Drifting, go to www.LFSDrift.net

There its all LFS based drifters, for drifting only. Dont worry about what others think, just do what you want to do to have fun!
Pls. Drifting's got nothing on figure skating.
Quote from FlyingBus :I don't drift to show off, I do it for fun, so why do you guys like hate drifters?

they hate all kind a stuff haha
These haters:
  • prefer FWD (which is clearly gay) and they are jelly that they can't have fun with them
  • suck at drifting, so they rather say it sucks
  • are Greenpeace activist, save the earth and shiz, tyre smoke is harmful for the environment blabla...
  • are not interested in cars
  • own riced up Honda Civics
  • are boring people who don't like having fun at all
I would much rather watch figure skating than drifting. If you think it's more exiting to watch men in cars letting their rear end hang out than women in skimpy outfits doing those pirouettes with their leg up in the air then it's quite clear what you are.

Besides figure skating needs just as much precision as drifting if not more.

And why is it always a low self esteem emo drifter who comes here whining about how everybody hates him. Get a life. Drift if you like. Go home, lock yourself in, throw away the key and stay off the internet if your main concern is what other people think about you.
Quote from March Hare :I would much rather watch figure skating than drifting. If you think it's more exiting to watch men in cars letting their rear end hang out than women in skimpy outfits doing those pirouettes with their leg up in the air then it's quite clear what you are.

Besides figure skating needs just as much precision as drifting if not more.

And why is it always a low self esteem emo drifter who comes here whining about how everybody hates him. Get a life. Drift if you like. Go home, lock yourself in, throw away the key and stay off the internet if your main concern is what other people think about you.

well you clearly have nothing better to do other than flame people for asking questions, how good is your life? maybe you should get a key for a prison cell, lock yourself in it and throw the key as far as possible.
Quote from March Hare :I would much rather watch figure skating than drifting. If you think it's more exiting to watch men in cars letting their rear end hang out than women in skimpy outfits doing those pirouettes with their leg up in the air then it's quite clear what you are.

im pretty sure it has nothing to do with your sexuality, i'd prefer to go watch drifting as its exciting, and im passionate about it. Why would you pick figure skating over drifting just because women are involved? weirdo.
Quote from xtraction :well you clearly have nothing better to do other than flame people for asking questions, how good is your life? maybe you should get a key for a prison cell, lock yourself in it and throw the key as far as possible.

Quote from Omar1 :im pretty sure it has nothing to do with your sexuality, i'd prefer to go watch drifting as its exciting, and im passionate about it. Why would you pick figure skating over drifting just because women are involved? weirdo.

Aaargh! Someone hates me! Now I must go and make a thread about it.

Who mentioned anything about anything sexual? I enjoy watching people do things I can't do. I can drift a car. I can play icehockey. Neither do I excell in. But I can't jump in the air and spin around and land safely using scates.

Just go and drift. What does it matter what other people think? But do it on a server for drifting. I've had to ban countless idiots who can't read and think racing servers are for drifting.
Not drifting is faster. I once drifted in the last lap of a very competitive race and some Usaac driver didn't drift and because of that he came close and touched my drifting car in the rear end, which then sent my drifts to oblivion. That's why.
mr dak-oh-vich.. that was just pff, gtr's arnt meant to dorifto.
Quote from N I K I :Not drifting is faster. I once drifted in the last lap of a very competitive race and some Usaac driver didn't drift and because of that he came close and touched my drifting car in the rear end, which then sent my drifts to oblivion. That's why.

omg you're so mad . I'm pretty sure you don't get much drifter points when you start to drift after bouncing off a wall though , but I guess you were trying to make a nice picture or something.

I think Sean already said what I'd say about drifters on lfsforum, I don't think their is much hate for them but if you're looking for a drifting community then there doesnt seem to be much of an active 1 from what I've noticed
Quote from Töki (HUN) :These haters:
  • prefer FWD (which is clearly gay) and they are jelly that they can't have fun with them
  • suck at drifting, so they rather say it sucks
  • are Greenpeace activist, save the earth and shiz, tyre smoke is harmful for the environment blabla...
  • are not interesting in cars
  • own riced up Honda Civics
  • are boring people who don't like having fun at all

well you sound like a twat mate to be honest lol
Quote from shmall719 :well you sound like a twat mate to be honest lol

well hes not a twat, it makes perfect sense aktuly.
Some people hate 'em because:
  • Drifting on race servers is a no-no, and often cause of ruined races
  • They lack skill to do it
  • They simply don't see point in it
Anyway, reason why to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD4xFDj_Tpw
Because drifters are all a bunch of pot-smoking yuppies who like dubstep.
Quote from shmall719 :well you sound like a twat mate to be honest lol

Looks like someone found a valid point (or more) on the list.

why do you guys hate drifting so much?
(158 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG