The online racing simulator
Quote from pearcy_2k7 : i've never seen lewis turn into someone, squeeze them onto the grass or generally think he owns the track because he was infront

Well he actually did squeeze someone onto the grass at Monza, must have been 2008 or 2009, cant recall who the driver was, but it happend.

Im not a Hamilton fanboy neither am I a hater, I appreciate him in the world of F1. But this year he has been fairly terrible for the lack of a better term.
And I kinda felt sorry for him, regards to the Massa incident this weekend(mostly I felt sorry for Massa). Pure racing incident, those bloddy wide front spoilers are total and utter crap imo.
Just read this: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94854
Isn't it strange that a three-time world champion says exactly what I've been saying all along?

After Button finishes second in the championship it will be hard for you to find out a word to describe his outstanding performance over Hamilton since you so often mention Hamilton ''thrashing'' Alonso. That gap between them was nothing and he still trashed Alonso so we might have to create a new word to describe how Button completely humiliated Hamilton this season (just kidding with Hamilton fans, don't take it too seriously)
Just going to interject my 2 cents:

When is F1 going to wise up annd allow the teams to at least place a small piece of bodywork behind the rear tyres? It would help prevent punctures and flying cars.
Quote from CSF :Massa's "defences" do cause issues. A good example is Spa with Lewis, where he clearly had lost the position yet decided to try to run Lewis off the track when he got alongside. Monaco was another good one, where for my money Lewis wasn't at fault.

Yep, dead and a lot of his sins get forgotten, especially by those two young to have ever seen him race.

Oh, that's why you hate Hamilton then, cos you hate Senna. Got it.

Senna wasn't an ****, he made a statement, you either crash or let him through. Don't compare those as sins please Schumacher won't make that statement, he'll just attempt to wreck you. Senna would just make a ballsy pass and you had no option but to give in. There's a BIG difference.

You're probably one of these people that hold it against Senna that he wrecked Prost at Suzuka '91 (the one time he wrecked a guy on purpose).
Quote from BlueFlame :
Senna wasn't an ****, he made a statement, you either crash or let him through.

That sounds cool. Next time I'm racing in LFS I'll say to everyone that I'll crash them if they won't let me pass easily. Maybe they'll let me pass them without a fight after I've wrecked a few cars. Right...?

When did Senna say he'll crash everyone if they won't let him go? I've never heard that statement and I doubt you have either.

Also comparing Hamilton to Senna shows how little you have respect for the old Champion. Senna and Hamilton are not alike and Senna was much greater driver than Hamilton. Next you'll probably compare Coulthard and Prost and tell they were alike?
Quote from Juzaa :That sounds cool. Next time I'm racing in LFS I'll say to everyone that I'll crash them if they won't let me pass easily. Maybe they'll let me pass them without a fight after I've wrecked a few cars. Right...?

When did Senna say he'll crash everyone if they won't let him go? I've never heard that statement and I doubt you have either.

Also comparing Hamilton to Senna shows how little you have respect for the old Champion. Senna and Hamilton are not alike and Senna was much greater driver than Hamilton. Next you'll probably compare Coulthard and Prost and tell they were alike?

You don't understand do you, the person overtaking has to rely on the person being overtaken to yeild, or there will be a crash. You can't just ****in turn in on people. Oh wait, most people go by the Schumacher mentality, defend every CORNER, PIT ENTRY, RACE START and ****ing straight piece of road there is.
Quote from BlueFlame :You don't understand do you, the person overtaking has to rely on the person being overtaken to yeild, or there will be a crash. You can't just ****in turn in on people. Oh wait, most people go by the Schumacher mentality, defend every CORNER, PIT ENTRY, RACE START and ****ing straight piece of road there is.

There is a reason why Schumacher is the most succesful driver in the history of F1. I don't know what you have a against him but you can't deny that his driving style works. You race by the rules and Schumacher knows it better than anyone else. Schumacher doesn't turn in on people (which Hamilton did in the last race btw.) but rather defends intelligently when he's in front. He does make bad calls at times but that's racing.

Are you seriously saying that if you are first and have a chance to win a race you won't defend your position because the driver behind you is faster? You fight 'till the end and that's what is great about motor racing. Would you rather watch famous battles between Schumacher and Häkkinen, Senna and Prost, etc. or would you like to see a race where there are no battles because of DRS that lets drivers to overtake only by pressing a button?

The overtaker relies on the overtaken after he's gotten side by side. Before that the driver in front relies on the driver behind not crashing him. When you crash from behind it's your fault 99 times out of 100.
Quote from Juzaa :There is a reason why Schumacher is the most succesful driver in the history of F1. I don't know what you have a against him but you can't deny that his driving style works.

trolololololololo
He beat Mclaren.
Hehh, Schumi is still a 7 times world champion no matter what you all say, while Hamilton can hide with his single champ win. He'll never be as "big" as Schumi, or Senna even. Hamilton is too obstinate, even he said that no one should tell him to change his driving style, he does what he wants... That's fine, but I wonder how much time will it take him to realize that this kind of brainless careless driving leads nowhere... He should fix himself mentally, then he would have the chance to win more races/championships. Until then, gtfo to banger racing with this kind of behaviour.

Senna had the respect that Hamilton will never ever have, which is understandable...

inb4 shitstorm :elefant:
#135 - CSF
Quote from BlueFlame :Oh, that's why you hate Hamilton then, cos you hate Senna. Got it.

Senna wasn't an ****, he made a statement, you either crash or let him through. Don't compare those as sins please Schumacher won't make that statement, he'll just attempt to wreck you. Senna would just make a ballsy pass and you had no option but to give in. There's a BIG difference.

You're probably one of these people that hold it against Senna that he wrecked Prost at Suzuka '91 (the one time he wrecked a guy on purpose).

Ah goody, someone who has no idea what he's talking about.

I actually like Lewis, and I have nothing against Senna. I think Lewis has driven poorly (in the most part) since he blew the title in 2010 slamming into the side of Massa in Monza. I think it's great we have a driver who WANTS to overtake, but its no use going for the move and getting it wrong and continuously wrecking other people's races.

Senna wrecked Prost in 1990, not 1991. And it was just another one of those incidents Senna was involved in on a continuous basis. Schumacher would try and wreck you, but Senna would make "ballsy moves"? Don't even go there, there's very little difference between Schumachers position on track, and Senna's. A lot of what Senna did is forgotten since he died, which is why it's always amusing whenever Lewis brings him up in an interview as some kind of patron saint of clean driving.

He might have only got Prost once, but it wasn't for a lack of trying.
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
Quote from Juzaa :Schumacher doesn't turn in on people (which Hamilton did in the last race btw.)

No, sure he doesn't 'turn in' on people apart from when he was disqualified from the championship for this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB3_UUyzEZQ

Some people really don't know their F1 history. He got away with it in Adelade... but couldn't repeat it in Jerez 97.
I sense some tension

Juzza if your still confident i'm still willing to have that bet with you
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Senna had the respect that Hamilton will never ever have, which is understandable...

Senna had quite a lot of haters when he raced. The only difference was the internet didn't exist when he raced, hence history has clouded how many drivers/fans actually disliked him. Again, people forgetting their F1 history.

The fact is F1 is about the car yet still we get into these long pointless debates about drivers. Stick Hamilton in the RB5-RB7 and he'd have won 4 titles now and we'd all be in awe of his speed and consistency. Same could be said for other drivers. Christ, even Webber came within an inch of becoming an F1 WDC.

The sooner we get a grip on the fact F1 is a design competition above and beyond anything else, the better.
Quote from Intrepid :The fact is F1 is about the car, and we get into these long pointless debates about drivers. Stick Hamilton in the RB5-RB7 and he'd have won 4 titles now and we'd all be in awe of his speed and consistency. Same could be said for other drivers.

The sooner we get a grip on the fact F1 is a design competition above and beyond anything else, the better.

What? The car doesn't have some kind of autopilot that's forcing him to crash into people.
I can't believe my eyes what I'm reading here. Schumacher being compared to Hamilton in crashing... that's the biggest nonsense I've seen so far.

Here are some of the big names that Schumacher had overtaken with clean decisive moves in direct battle: Hakkinen, Montoya, Couthard, Fisichella, Villeneuve, Raikkonen, Hill, Webber, Massa, Alesi, Barrichello and even Senna, Prost and Mansell need I name more? The only man that I can't remember he had overtaken on track is Alonso, but he had leapfrogged him instead just like he leapfrogged these above number of times.

I can't really remember when Hamilton had to really defend his position if ever and all of Schumacher's incidents come from defending his position.

Schumacher is always pushing the boundaries and he had crashed out more times in the practice and in race on his own as a result of this than most and the same is with defending where he likes really push it to the maximum even forcing his opponent to us a little bit of grass. I see nothing wrong with that. Boundries, limits, rules they are all there to be pushed to the maximum, but not over it. I don't recall him ever forcing his opponent to put both wheels on the grass.

Edit: Don't come onto me with this race crash please. Perez braked awfully early. It's really a specific situation.
Quote from Juzaa :Schumacher doesn't turn in on people (which Hamilton did in the last race btw.)

So he got DSQ'd from 1997 WC for nothing? Oh. You know best. (oops Intrepid beat me to it)

I'm just puttin this out there, but most of the people here slamming Hamilton are from countries and areas of the UK that don't have many/if at all, black folk. EI, Hungary, Finland, Scotland and in Tristans case Norfolk, oh, and Serbia, Croatia....
#142 - CSF
Quote from BlueFlame :

I'm just puttin this out there, but most of the people here slamming Hamilton are from countries and areas of the UK that don't have many/if at all, black folk. EI, Hungary, Finland, Scotland and in Tristans case Norfolk, oh, and Serbia, Croatia....

You just lost any argument you could ever hope to win.
Quote from CSF :You just lost any argument you could ever hope to win.

I'm playing the forum villain, it's my job.
#144 - CSF
No you are playing the forum village idiot. You suit it well though.
Quote from CSF :No you are playing the forum village idiot. You suit it well though.

Whatever floats your metaphoric boat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wec4Q-YQ0Ss
trolololololo
So, I got around to watching this race and it bored the crap out of me. I feel like every race there's a 'chance' someone could win if they could keep up with Vettel and use their DRS to pas him, but he always pulls like a 3second lead by the end of lap 2. Maybe Webber's car is meant to have bad starts in an attempt to slow down the field.

My guess is Vettel wins Korea, India and Abu Dhabi. Webber takes Japan and a red car wins in Brazil.
I think the problem is with Lewis, is that hes caught up in a tangle nearly every week, causing the stewards to keep punishing him.

Think of this logic. A cop pulls over two people for speeding only 10kph over the limit, not much, but still slightly over, named Mr. A and B. A has had a bad driving record with speeding, running red lights and the rest often. B has had close to nothing, other than afew tiny offences. The cop goes back to his car and looks up each drivers record. He would turn back to Mr B more than likely to give him a warning to make sure it doesnt happen again (though, he may even book him). However with Mr A, he gives him the fine straight away because of the amount of times hes done the same thing...

Lewis is Mr A.

When you think about it, Lewis' incidents arnt even that bad. My main fav driver is the crazy man, Montoya. I still regard him as one of the best drivers around. With lewis, its just the amount of times hes in an incident stupidly and sorry to say, the media, the fanboys and the haters really make it worse for him on the whole..."internet side" of things. I've been in discussion when on race day (yes im only karting around australia, but relax, its still professionals racing), and there's non of this nonsense crap being discussed. You only really find this crap on forums and blogs etc.
Quote from Intrepid :No, sure he doesn't 'turn in' on people apart from when he was disqualified from the championship for this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB3_UUyzEZQ

Some people really don't know their F1 history. He got away with it in Adelade... but couldn't repeat it in Jerez 97.

There's a vital difference between Hamilton turning in and Schumacher turning in. Hamilton turned in on Massa because...well he didn't have a reason just made a mistake. Schumacher turned in on Villeneuve on purpose, trying to ensure his victory in the championship. I meant in my post that Schumacher doesn't just turn in on someone at random. Come on: Schumacher turned in at Villeneuve for the pure desire to win which got over him while Hamilton turned in at slower driver in a slower car for no reason.

It is because of drivers like Schumacher that we have specific rules because they are constantly driving on the edge of the rules bending them where possible and trying the limits.

Schumacher doesn't just turn in on people but at that time he figured it would win him a championship. He knew he had lost it when Villeneuve got past and tried the last thing he could to win. Schumacher's prime was in 2000-2004 with Ferrari. When did he turn in on someone during that time? He obviously learned from -97. Have you heard the saying ''never make the same mistake twice''. Schumacher was penalized for -97 and he didn't do it again. Hamilton was penalized in Monaco for crashing with Massa and look how much it took for him to repeat a similar mistake - an hour.

I don't know about you but if the last time Schumacher turned in on someone was in -97 I find that pretty amazing.

I wouldn't mind if Hamilton crashed few times a season and actually admitted he made a mistake and learned from it. The problem is that he makes similar mistakes all the time and doesn't admit those mistakes and hasn't learned from them. He has this talent but he's throwing it all away.
Quote from Juzaa :There's a vital difference between Hamilton turning in and Schumacher turning in. Hamilton turned in on Massa because...well he didn't have a reason just made a mistake. Schumacher turned in on Villeneuve on purpose, trying to ensure his victory in the championship. I meant in my post that Schumacher doesn't just turn in on someone at random. Come on: Schumacher turned in at Villeneuve for the pure desire to win which got over him while Hamilton turned in at slower driver in a slower car for no reason.

It is because of drivers like Schumacher that we have specific rules because they are constantly driving on the edge of the rules bending them where possible and trying the limits.

Schumacher doesn't just turn in on people but at that time he figured it would win him a championship. He knew he had lost it when Villeneuve got past and tried the last thing he could to win. Schumacher's prime was in 2000-2004 with Ferrari. When did he turn in on someone during that time? He obviously learned from -97. Have you heard the saying ''never make the same mistake twice''. Schumacher was penalized for -97 and he didn't do it again. Hamilton was penalized in Monaco for crashing with Massa and look how much it took for him to repeat a similar mistake - an hour.

I don't know about you but if the last time Schumacher turned in on someone was in -97 I find that pretty amazing.

I wouldn't mind if Hamilton crashed few times a season and actually admitted he made a mistake and learned from it. The problem is that he makes similar mistakes all the time and doesn't admit those mistakes and hasn't learned from them. He has this talent but he's throwing it all away.

MSC did some pretty stupid/desperate things during his title battles with Alonso, so it's not like he's learned his lesson and changed his ways. Say what you like about Hamilton, we haven't seen him blatantly cheating.
And what about what Barrichello called the "most dangerous thing he's ever been through", last year at Hungary?
Quote from sinbad :MSC did some pretty stupid/desperate things during his title battles with Alonso, so it's not like he's learned his lesson and changed his ways. Say what you like about Hamilton, we haven't seen him blatantly cheating.
And what about what Barrichello called the "most dangerous thing he's ever been through", last year at Hungary?

I don't remember any stupid/desperate thing against Alonso. MAybe you can enlighten me? With Barrichello's case it was another ''borderline case''. Nothing happened Barrichello had ''enough'' room and Schumacher didn't actually do any sudden moves. He did push the limits again and his move was ruled as forbidden but apart from the wall being few inches from Barrichello that move was exactly what Alonso did to Vettel in Imola. The problem with F1 is that you can force your opponent to out of the track if there's grass or sand there but if there's wall you can't.

Cheating is a term I don't understand in your comments. The only times I've seen cheating in F1 have been when someone has built a car that breaks the rules and the Piquet case. You can't cheat as a driver (apart form Piquet case) because your moves are either allowed or not allowed and if they are not allowed you get a penalty. There's no way of cheating for a driver if you are looking your own interests.

If you have a rule that says something is completely ''forbidden'' then doing that might be classified as cheating in some circumstances.

Let's take hockey as an example: Do you think roughing or high sticking is cheating? Maybe fights are cheating because you have a penalty for fighting?
The rules are there because they are the ''price'' for doing something that's not appropriate. Getting a penalty doesn't mean you've cheated and doing something without getting a penalty doesn't mean you cheated either. It's all about the referee (stewards in F1). At times getting a penalty or bending the rules can be useful for you. Is it cheating? -No.

And who cares if Hamilton hasn't cheated? Is that why he's in F1? Is that the ability that will grant him championships? I haven't seen Liuzzi cheat but does that make him the best driver and worthy of winning the championship?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG