The online racing simulator
#1 - Bean0
2011 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore)

Fri 23 September 2011
Practice 1 18:00 - 19:30
Practice 2 21:30 - 23:00

Sat 24 September 2011
Practice 3 19:00 - 20:00
Qualifying 22:00

Sun 25 September 2011
Race 20:00

All times local, UTC+8.

Race Date: 25 Sep 2010
Circuit Name: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Number of Laps: 61
Circuit Length: 5.073 km
Race Distance: 309.316 km
Lap Record: 1:45.599 - K Raikkonen (2008)

Local Weather Forecast
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Nice lil' rain going their way.
#3 - Bean0
DRS Zone was announced a little while ago too...

Attached images
2011drszonemap_s001.jpg
wasnt 7 the corner where there was a decent bit of overtaking already? i think theyve completely ruined a legitimate overtaking spot
Quote from Shotglass :wasnt 7 the corner where there was a decent bit of overtaking already? i think theyve completely ruined a legitimate overtaking spot

Well, they could've put it between turns 19 and 20 too, that's hell of a passing zone. But honestly, i hope they'll put DRS to sleep next season.
a sensible choice would have been the s/f straight or between 3 and 5 to get the cars to bunch up and produce semi exciting overtakes into 7
The trend seems to be to put the drs zone to the best place where overtaking could happen anyways. Imho the drs should always be in the 2nd best overtaking place and the best overtaking place should be left as it is. That way overtaking still takes even some skill.
Quote from Hyperactive :The trend seems to be to put the drs zone to the best place where overtaking could happen anyways. Imho the drs should always be in the 2nd best overtaking place and the best overtaking place should be left as it is. That way overtaking still takes even some skill.

ditto, but there is no 2nd best overtaking spot on Singapore track. All those that we can come up with regarded as 2nd best is like 3rd/4th best on any other track, even compared to street circuits. Besides, it's gonna be nothing as easy as Turkey or Spa... more like Valencia or in best case Barcelona.
Between 13 and 14?
Kobi not afraid to use some kerb in that chicane
Judging by first two practice sessions top 3 teams are untouchable for Schumi this time... Alonso isn't looking that good either, so we're set for a another tiring race of vettel domination unless there's rain or something. However Button could be challenging in the race if he outqualifies Webber which I think he's very likely. Tires are huge factor here and he's mastor of those. So I can see him owning Hamilton once again. It be good if McLaren realized he's their only hope for victory here and compromized Hamilton with starting on prime tire!
Hamilton will win. kthnxbye
Pardon, I meant Hamilton strating with optinos (slower tire anyway).
Here's a quick strategy thinking for McLaren.
Button qualifies 2nd on primes and Hamilton 5th on options.
Hamster keeps up with the pack just behind Webber not letting Schumi go. Everyone pits, bang he's in the lead. But now's the hard part, everyone's catching. He needs to stay out for as long as he can, even as long as the others going for 2nd set of tires, or just a few laps earlier. Shouldn't that hard, it's a street track, only one passing spot. Use KERS smartly to defend! But still he gets passed and has about 5 sec gap after everyones done their pits. Keeps the pace up, overtakes Webber. Meanwhile Button has leapfrogged Vettel into the lead on 2nd round on stops. Now comes the 3rd round of stops and Hamilton has the edge, he's on the primes. He overtakes Alonso and Vettel, but fails to close the gap to Button. Clear 1-2, perfect job for the team.
I think he will DSQ. :shhh:
Petrov fail, Surprised Senna outqualified him.
Who is that middle-aged blonde woman always skulking around in the background of Petrov?
Oksana Kosachenko, his manager.
OK - cause she has a look on her face like she's his mum.
There should be a mandatory lap in qual, can't be arsed with drivers not bothering to qualify.
Well that was, uhm, boring...
Awful behavior by Hamster agian. Massa obviously made it clear that he doesn't want to let him go, noone else was even trying to overtake on outlap, but hamster hast o be hamster and do these things... I hope Alonso gets him on the start!
RedBull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Force India. Have we ever had top 10 grid row slots run by teams.
Pretty boring quali. Starts to look a lot like battle between new teams. I hope to God race gets any better...
Vettel and Red Bull are killing this season, so predictable.

(196 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG