The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :Are you serious? He looked like a complete rookie...

Are you trying to look stupid or just are?
He kept his cool in battle with Massa and got better of him in the end!
It's more than bad luck now. It's cosistant pearcy. I've named reasons up there. The solution would be to torture him with Alonso drive from Silverstone this year.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Still, from what i remember Lewis has always gone well at Suzuka, so i'm predicting a win and making Jenson look ordinary whilst Jenson blames balance problems with the car.

I hate to ruin your party, but Suzuka is a track build for RedBulls at this stage. I hope to God that Webber can hook a good lap for pole position, he's not that bad on high speed circuits after all and pull a decent start off. Or make a superb start from 2nd which hasn't happened in ages, else he's got no chance and we're set to another boring grand prix!

About Jenson vs Hamilton. Again I've got to ruin your party and highlight the fact that team is already turning to Jenson. Jenson has got his own front wing, front suspension and front brakes which makes car a lot easier to drive for him. He might not be as quick in quali just yet, but grand prix is a long race and I can see Jenson in front again. And if that's not enough, just think of Jenson's tire saving and nature of Suzuka track.

I wish Ferrari makes an upgrade. Alonso has always been mega quick on Suzuka. He should be a strong challenge against McLarens if Ferrari is quick enough and it should be because it's using less tire, remember.
I seem to remember Hammy being immense there last year and wasn't far off pole. And you not ruining my party regarding Jenson v Lewis because i agree with what you said... Apart from Jensons chances at Suzuka
Red Bull will take suzuka 1-2 easily.
Quote from BlueFlame :Hamilton contact with Massa was racing incident IMO, maybe Massa backed it up a bit on the corner apex, looked like it to me..

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the accident. Look at the replay and you will see Massa hesitated a tiny bit at the apex ("a tiny bit" is a huge amount of time in F1).

Hamilton didn't deserve the DT. I thought that was simply a racing accident.

No offense to the Massa fans out there, but Alonso and Ferrari's crybaby attitude is starting to rub off onto Massa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_56P2fCAoRo&feature=feedu

Also his complain about Lewis in qualify is just ridiculous. It's qualifying and you are meant to be aggressive as an F1 driver. Plus Massa just wasn't fast enough. He wouldn't have started any further up even if Lewis didn't overtake him.

Ps. It's kinda ridiculous that Vettel only needs ONE point to win the championship. ONE! with five races to go.
Suzuka is a Redbull track and has been for a few years now, i don't expect that to change.
The same will happen again, McLaren will Qual either 2nd or 3rd or 4th and 5th and then have crap load of bad incidents then go onto challenge Vettel 3laps too late.
Quote from DevilDare :Massa...

Well, certainly more than you will.

Well, if he keeps on driving like a brainless idiot, he won't win any championships.
Uhm, but my point still stands.... He will "win" more than Massa ever will. Heck, he already has...

Quote :Now there's the trouble and that's exactly why he wasn't in fight for world champs last year

Not sure what championship you are talking about, but Lewis certainly was "in the fight" for the 2010 title.
Does anyone find it funny that Hamilton said to Massa "don't touch me", and everyone is eating it up, but if a fan grabbed him and he said that, the media would turn and make him look like some devil worshipper...
Quote from DevilDare :Not sure what championship you are talking about, but Lewis certainly was "in the fight" for the 2010 title.

He was the first (maybe 2nd) out and wasn't in fight in Abu Dhabi (and if he was, he had the least chances of all) if I remember very well.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :That's exactly what I thought when I saw the accident. Look at the replay and you will see Massa hesitated a tiny bit at the apex ("a tiny bit" is a huge amount of time in F1).

Hamilton didn't deserve the DT. I thought that was simply a racing accident.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I think sometimes people have forgotten this is a one of the most competitive, if not the most competitive sport on Earth. Accidents comes with the job description as a racing driver, and racing accidents happens.

I get that people are eager to find out who's fault it is, but that doesn't mean there is always someone to blame. You can't clap with one hand. Although I admit Hamilton has been in quite a few accidents this year, that doesn't mean it has to be his fault when an accident happens. This is racing, shit happens.

Accidents are unavoidable in racing. It's pointless and stupid to get angry over a racing accident.

Hamilton haters are equally as bad as Hamilton fanboys. Both are as arrogant as each other.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Why haven't I seen you complaining about Schumacher's penalties when he's destroyed his front wing and gotten a DT? Is the Dt for crashing only wrong if it happens to your favorite driver?
Quote from Juzaa :Why haven't I seen you complaining about Schumacher's penalties when he's destroyed his front wing and gotten a DT? Is the Dt for crashing only wrong if it happens to your favorite driver?

When was the last time Schumacher got a DT and it could be disputed that he didn't deserve it? Oh that's right, never.
#116 - CSF
When was the last time Hamilton got a DT and it could be argued he didn't deserve it? Oh right, never...
Quote from CSF :When was the last time Hamilton got a DT and it could be argued he didn't deserve it? Oh right, never...

I think when Schumacher got DT's only 10% of the F1 fraternity would dispute it, but when Hamilton gets one, its 60% disagree with them and 40% agree with them (most cases).
Here's what his father had to say (pretty much confirming my point from above posts ): “His management need to do more. What I will say is look up the paddock; every driver that's got a driver manager and the manager is here and in the driver's life.”

A new approach... Well Hamilton took one when he ditched his daddy and look where it lead him to. It lead him to become a stunt driver rather than a respective world champion. He just can't keep on racing like this. He needs to dial it down with the aggression (and he can't do that on his own, meaning he needs his dad, team boss, manager or anyone to sit him down and lecture him) or else we're set to see at least one if not two more incidents till the end of the year!
Quote from BlueFlame :I think when Schumacher got DT's only 10% of the F1 fraternity would dispute it, but when Hamilton gets one, its 60% disagree with them and 40% agree with them (most cases).

That's because there's more Hamilton fans here than Schumacher fans. I might also have something to do with the fact Hamilton ''being black''. I'm not defending him I'm just wondering about your opinions about Hamilton. In British GP this year Schumacher got a DT for a situation like Hamilton's. I didn't see you there complaining about that? Why? -because he deserved the penalty. (just as Hamilton did here) Schumacher at least had the balls to say he made a mistake.
Here's a point, when have you seen Lewis crash into someone whilst they were overtaking him?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Here's a point, when have you seen Lewis crash into someone whilst they were overtaking him?

LOL. Point made well.!
#122 - CSF
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Here's a point, when have you seen Lewis crash into someone whilst they were overtaking him?

Kobayashi trying to re-pass at Spa?

When have you ever seen Schumacher crash in the pitlane? Or crashing into his team-mate?

Never seen Lewis in the situation Schumacher, Senna and Prost have been in. You don't know what he'd do, my suspicion is he'd cause a big Senna style wreck, cause that is what his big hero would do.
My comment wasn't aimed at schumacher was just a general comment. If you look at the people who are consistently being driven "into" some names crop up quite alot regardless of who's passing them, i've never seen lewis turn into someone, squeeze them onto the grass or generally think he owns the track because he was infront, he gives space and can concede when a position is lost which is not what can be said about some of the drivers there. I think the problem is he expects people to give him the room he gives other people, you've got to say he's a fair driver. Like when him and button have had a few dices, both have given each other (just) enough room.

I also think most of his accidents have been due to the driver infront not paying attention, if you saw a car diving down your inside in your mirrors, would you turn into the corner and take the apex?

I agree in this race Lewis was at fault for the incident with Massa but seems pretty weird he's been run into by quite alot of people on the grid, looks like a driver under threat and worried about his seat next year, i think he has more issues than Lewis tbh.

Kobayashi was a bit different and Lewis actually came out and took responsibility for it, which isn't what other drivers do.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :

I also think most of his accidents have been due to the driver infront not paying attention, if you saw a car diving down your inside in your mirrors, would you turn into the corner and take the apex?

Some people do because some people think the car on the inside will disappear, or if you are Maldonado, you turn in even earlier.
#125 - CSF
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :

I agree in this race Lewis was at fault for the incident with Massa but seems pretty weird he's been run into by quite alot of people on the grid, looks like a driver under threat and worried about his seat next year, i think he has more issues than Lewis tbh.

Massa's "defences" do cause issues. A good example is Spa with Lewis, where he clearly had lost the position yet decided to try to run Lewis off the track when he got alongside. Monaco was another good one, where for my money Lewis wasn't at fault.

Quote from JPeace :Blame the dead guy, always helps.

Yep, dead and a lot of his sins get forgotten, especially by those two young to have ever seen him race.

2011 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore)
(196 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG