The online racing simulator
LFS Destruction Derby League Season 3 Thread!
Fern Bay?

I just KNOW I'm gonna suck royally now. I'm still excited however...By the railway I saw somwhere about the race I'm gonna assume it's FE Black?
It's a custom layout that will kill shocks on the car.
That just makes me fail worse. Least you gave me a hint on how to set it up this time
I lost my good setup
I'm just using a BL2 set with road supers on it, shocks last 3 laps without dying.
here's my skin, jon
Attached images
RB4_derbyreno.jpg
Round 1 Post-Discussion
That was pretty okay, although I have to admit the end race could have been handled better from my POV.

First of all, an apology: I did not realise that the wrong layout had been put on the server (I had the league layout saved to the server as well!), resulting in 69 Reginald Molehusband having to remain in the pits after he tried to pit to get more fuel in Race 4. That incident was also a reminder that you should read ALL of the race info AND the rules, and not just part of it. There's a reason I type it all out you know, and the reason is not "because I want to see how many words I can type out in one go".

Onto the round itself: we got 16 drivers turning up from a confirmation list of 21, which is a turnout of 76.2%, which for a first round is very good indeed.

For the track itself, and the layout used, there was carnage all over in all four races, with the crossover on the rail lines being the key place of action, with people getting smashed left, right and centre! I saw a lot of DD racing potential in a fair few of this year's debuting drivers, including 808 Tim (who scored the first kill of the season in the final race on 606 RIOT SQUAD), 760 Ryano and 616 Jam (although returnee 210 CelticFang will probably want to forget this round after failing to cross the first split at least twice! )

Sadly though, the last race was a bit shambolic and ruined what would have been a perfect opening round. First of all: 740 KJD WILL be receiving a points penalty, and a formal warning, for his idiotic actions in the final race. This is DD racing, not "look how fast I can go in the opposite direction to everyone else!". Secondly, 69 will also be receiving a points penalty, and a formal warning, for trying to pit to refuel their car when the rules clearly state that pitting of any kind is not allowed. Finally, all drivers who talked more than twice in the last race prior to the finish WILL be receiving the standard deduction of 10 points per line of text (that includes me so don't think I'm being biased).

Round 2, which takes place on the 20th of August, will be on the much-loved Blackwood circuit. However, for the first time in the league's history, the rallycross circuit will be incorporated for a 60 second-a-lap layout that is sure to provide mayhem, destruction, and some pretty snazzy driving skills as "Classic Crashing III: Rallycross Rumble" begins. Will you survive the 10 lap finale???

Hopefully you'll show up for another action-packed round of DD fun. If you, or a friend, want to join in the fun after reading this, just click here and sign up! You won't be disappointed!
(Yes, I did just copy-paste this last paragraph from last season because I am a lazy sod)
Three times....not twice Jon
Cheers Jon, was a good laugh.

I think calling me a t*ss*r was a bit extreme lol...I saw you going slow and thought "damaged...easy points!" not "I wonder if he's doing admin work mid race" maybe you were in chat? I'd blocked messages at start of race

Anyway, was good fun and thanks for coming to get me, completely lost track of time!

Look forward to next one, though I must build a clutch-friendly set :eclipsee_

808 Tim
Quote from Subphonic :Cheers Jon, was a good laugh.

I think calling me a t*ss*r was a bit extreme lol...I saw you going slow and thought "damaged...easy points!" not "I wonder if he's doing admin work mid race" maybe you were in chat? I'd blocked messages at start of race

Anyway, was good fun and thanks for coming to get me, completely lost track of time!

Look forward to next one, though I must build a clutch-friendly set :eclipsee_

808 Tim

I apologise for that: it was a bit inappropriate, but you should know by now that I was only joking about the "name for a guy who tosses things" comment; I thought it was a particularly cheap shot myself! Doesn't matter though: you got the first kill of the season, and what a kill it was! (I think, I missed it though) :thumb3d:
Round 1 Replays
thanks... im gonna prepare to laugh in race 1

EDIT: HAHAHAHHA it was you Jon! Awesome flip from track to out before actual Turn 1 haha... I really enjoyed that
I was behind Jon when that happened and actually a litle bit of wee nearly came out I laughed so hard.
Awesome event, Jon, thanks for organising

- 616 Jam
Round 1 Results & Admin Decisions
Here are the results, and admin decisions, of the first round. There have also been a few changes to the rules because of this round: these will be posted and explained in detail later.

Neither bonus was achieved (althought that was partly my fault for not putting the correct layout on, which had the bonus indicators on: I'll do that next time, I promise! :schwitz but this didn't stop people getting some great point-scoring hits, with the double crossover takeout of 23 General Hybris and 13 Agtem by 808 Tim and 02 Wheeling in Race 2 being one of the best of the night. I also have to apologise to Tim YET AGAIN: you did not get the first kill of the season. That honour goes to 210 CelticFang, who punted 616 Jam over the hill's catchfence and practically out of the running in Race 1.

What usually happens in the DD League is that the final race of the day has the most amount of action, and this was demonstrated once more by Tim and 760 Ryano's insane wrecking antics, gaining them over 1000 points in that race alone! The last race also saw the 2 lowest scores ever, with 69 Reginald Molehusband and 740 KJD both achieving negative scores after they both received points deductions; 69 is the holder of the "worst score ever" record for the time being, after losing 220 points and returning to the garage, resulting in him ending up with -220 points. 740, on the other hand, is the holder of the "worst score ever without spectating" award, scoring 150 but losing 180 to end up with -30 points.

It was a newcomer 1-2 at the end of the round, with Ryano winning with 2770 points, just 75 points ahead of Tim in second. CelticFang and 76 Clyde both scored 2500 points, but both had won races so who would get 3rd place? The answer: CelticFang, for winning his race by just 25 points more than Clyde did when he won his race! Thanks to all sixteen drivers who showed up and raced. :thumb3d:

The League and Race Points Standings will be posted after Round 2.

Race 1

Race 2

Race 3

Race 4

Round (& League) Standings

Here are the actions taken by myself, Jon606, in result of the two incidents that partly ruined Race 4, involving 740 KJD (pandaboy) and 69 Reginald Molehusband (Robinm):

The first incident occurred shortly before the end of lap 1: after multiple collisions on the front straight, KJD was in last place and a fair pace off the rest of the field, which he would have most likely been able to make up. Shortly before Turn 2, he turned round and stopped for approximately 35 seconds before accelerating and going back the wrong way which he came from. He continued accelerating, hitting 110mph at the most, up the front straight the wrong way, spinning out 69 Reginald Molehusband and clipping 76 Clyde (LineR32) off the track. Thankfully, neither driver's race was ruined, and other drivers swerved out of the way when they saw the car approaching. After being told by myself that he was not allowed to do this, he raced up to the crossover and began repeatedly going around the wrong way, which resulted in him trying to pin 210 CelticFang (DieKolkrabe) against the red and white barrier just in front of the railway bridge. I then told him to stop doing this as he was being stupid, and he consequently did so and continued racing properly.

The second incident occured shortly after the end of lap 3: following a spin on him by 02 Wheeling on the front straight, 69 then decided to enter the pits to refuel his car as he did not notice that it was a 5 lap race, and he hadn't put enough fuel in his car to last the race. Upon realising what he was doing, I informed him to stay in the pit lane for the remainder of the race. This was met with a series of strong messages passed between myself and 69, which also had him return to the garage, thereby removing all of his gained points from that race. This discussion continued after the end of the round, although 69 did accept afterwards that it was his fault for not reading the race information.

Regarding the first incident: what KJD did was a very moronic thing to do, and to be perfectly honest I don't know what his motive was for doing this; was he trying to rack up more crash points? Was he trying to ruin the race for others by taking them out in an unfair manner? Was he attempting a revenge hit on the drivers that took him out at the start? Nobody else will know except for him, but whatever his motive was, blasting down the main straight in the wrong direction is an incredibly unsporting thing to do, even in DD racing!

Regarding the second incident: it is necessary to completely read the race info that I send out to avoid a situation like this happening (also, as I have said numerous times now, it was my fault for not putting the correct layout on, allowing 69 to enter the pits). However, regarding the incorrect layout, I would have thought that most people would have interpreted closing the pits at one end as a note that the pits weren't open.

For these incidents, both 69 Reginald Molehusband and 740 KJD have received a 150 point deduction from their Race 4 score and a first formal warning. If either driver receives two more formal warnings, then that driver will be removed from the league, and all of their records will be erased.
Looks like I did better than I thought.

I don't remember hitting much tbh.
Wooo! lol...think half Ryano's hits were on me I think once my clutch was cooked I'll have to sort that out for next time!

"Race points: 10, Crash points: 1325" ...we all have our talents

Also liked: "This was met with a series of strong messages passed between myself and 69" ever the diplomat Jon!

Good fun anyway, round 2 is on me sister's birthday but I'm hoping I can wangle it somehow...

EDIT: sorry Jon, what you've written: "It was a newcomer 1-2 at the end of the round, with Tim winning with 2770 points, just 75 points ahead of Ryano in second" is the opposite way round to results table...I was second I think.
Quote from Subphonic :EDIT: sorry Jon, what you've written: "It was a newcomer 1-2 at the end of the round, with Tim winning with 2770 points, just 75 points ahead of Ryano in second" is the opposite way round to results table...I was second I think.

I kept swapping you two around for some reason. The results table is correct. Will fix that shortly.
lol @ Stunt Points: 150

how much backflip would have?
Rule Updates
I'd just like to bring the following changes that I have made to the rules (viewable here) after the incidents in the first round. The majority of these changes are to do with the races themselves and nothing else. Here are the changes:

Quote from LFS DD League Rules :Talking during races will result in a deduction of 10 points per line of chat for every line past the second line.

This is basically explaining the talking points deduction; one line of chat is fine, but 2 or more lines will result in deductions.

Quote :Wrong way driving is allowed, but should be used with common sense; any drivers found guilty of unsporting wrong way driving will receive a points deduction and a formal warning.

I did notice that a few drivers were turning round quite a few times and driving the wrong way around certain parts of the track; however, the difference between these drivers and the previously mentioned incident involving 740 KJD was that these drivers did not attempt to ruin their opponents' race in an unsporting manner. I have therefore allowed wrong way driving, but it must be done in a sporting manner.

Quote :Deliberate pitting, spectating, or deliberate disconnecting while the race is still active, will result in all your points for that race being removed. The final race positions are taken from the moment that the lead car has finished the race; no more crash or stunt points can be obtained after this moment (however, race points are still available to be obtained). If your car goes out of bounds (i.e. “XXX has taken the wrong route”) or you are disconnected from the server by the game (i.e. “XXX has timed out”), then your points up to that point will still be counted.

These rules have always been in place, but have never been explicitly stated. After what happened on Saturday, I've now decided to put them in the rules.

A method of achieving Stunt Points was also removed (sliding along on the side/roof of your car, which was worth 50 points a second) as I believe that the points that were gained from that method were not done on purpose, i.e. the slides weren't intentional and so the points were unfairly gained.
I wanna thank Mookie for punting me to a race 1 win...
Quote from Jon606 : ...the first kill of the season. That honour goes to 210 CelticFang, who punted 616 Jam over the hill's catchfence and practically out of the running in Race 1.

Duly noted. I'm needing to up my efforts on the crash-points side of things, by the looks of it... what a beautiful coincidence

616 Jam
Followed in but no 1000+ points.. first lap..
Hello again,

Race 2, Reginald Molehusband number 69, followed in another car into the stripey wall, (taking a place and knackering the other cars suspension) lap 1, starts at 1.00 minute..

Please have a look.

Thanks,

Rob (Reg)
Quote from Robinm :Hello again,

Race 2, Reginald Molehusband number 69, followed in another car into the stripey wall, (taking a place and knackering the other cars suspension) lap 1, starts at 1.00 minute..

Please have a look.

Thanks,

Rob (Reg)

You had to follow them in as in one car behind the other; what you did was barrier slam AlexW against the wall when you were next to him, i.e. side by side, and not one in front of the other.

LFS Destruction Derby League Season 3 Thread!
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG