The online racing simulator
I think it'll be someone else all together lol, DD went on for a while afetr Jam and I departed
At least it wasn't as drawn out as last seasons final round.

XRT RULES!!!!
All I have to say on behalf of myself(and I'm pretty sure on many others) is that thanks for the time and effort you've put into this Jon to make this all happen!
+1

It'll be sad if it isn't back next year.
Awesome round, even if I borked it...

Thanks for all the effort Jon, it really does show
Round 6 Results
Here are the results of the sixth and final round.

In comparison to last year, the eliminations were more spread out across the whole of the round: last year, there were only three cars left after the 3 minute mark, but this time around, only three had been eliminated, with 2 of them being eliminated in the first minute! The winner of the round, 76 Clyde, lasted 8:08 minutes, which was more than TEN MINUTES shorter than his same performance last year, in which he only placed second! 98 Wazzaaaaaaa! was put back in by two dead cars (427 Mookster and 808 Tim) mucking about, but since he was put back in before the 10-second window, I have taken the time of his second take-out instead.

Result

The League Standings will be updated for the final time tomorrow, with the online scoreboard already updated. The winner of the Points title will also be announced tomorrow, so keep your eyes open for this thread getting bumped!
The Points Champion is... + Thanks
Apologies for the double post, but now is time to announce the overall winner of the third season of the Live For Speed Destruction Derby League.

For the second season in a row, the overall title was taken by a driver from the United Kingdom. This driver debuted last season, and had a good performance, especially in the Race Points title chase, but was marred by his absence in Round 3 which led to him losing the chance of winning the Race Title, eventually won by 02 Wheeling (then racing under #12). This season though, he has been much better on a whole, performing some great hits and kills while still being able to gain race points in an effective manner, ending 3rd in the Race Points behind 13 Agtem and 69 Reginald Molehusband.

Entering the final round, he did not look like he would win the title, being 3185 points behind 616 Jam in 5th place. However, with Jam and his only real rival 808 Tim being eliminated early on in the ever-unpredictable "Elimination Extravaganza!", he then went on to win the Extravaganza, and in the process surpassed the four drivers ahead of him in the table and has ended up taking what could possibly be the final Live For Speed Destruction Derby League title.

So, with any further hesitation, your winner of the 2011 LFS Destruction Derby League title is:

:laola::woohoo: :clapclap: 76 Clyde! :clapclap::woohoo::laola:

One of only four drivers who raced every round this season, Clyde took the title in the final round after seemingly looking like he would never take it. Despite not making ridiculous scores, unlike major crashers 07 Fire Rocky, 21 Master Twenty-One, 616 Jam and 808 Tim did, he had an excellent consistency to score well in every round, getting a score of over 2000 in each of them. He also becomes the first non-RB4 driver to win any League title in his trusty orange-and-black XRT.

Clyde finished on 17,930 points, 585 ahead of the FXO of Jam in second and 870 ahead of Tim's RB4 in third: only the second time that the final top 3 has compromised of all 3 TBO cars, and also the first-ever all-British top 3!

For the next season (whenever that will be) Clyde will be allowed to race under #1 if he wishes to do so. No other driver will be allowed this number.

Now it's time for my thanks:

This could have never been done without the support of the drivers who signed up and raced (and also those who never got around to racing for whatever reasons they may be). Once again, none of you have disappointed me, even in that first round with the warning nonsense. I've seen some great racing, some great crashing and definitely some great wrecking. I do have to say though that this will most likely be the last proper season of the Live For Speed Destruction Derby League, and I am thinking of running 5 races next year as a "Destruction Derby League: Best Of" series, but more about that, if it occurs, will come nearer the time.

Here is a list of everyone who raced this season... and some who didn't:

02 Wheeling
4 Jetter
005 J.MAY (a.k.a. mr souter)
06 Magnanimous
07 Fire Rocky (a.k.a. rockclan)
08 AntonM (a.k.a. EliteAti)
09 AlexW (a.k.a. AW06)
13 Agtem
14 Eddy (a.k.a. eddy678)
16 JoeX (a.k.a. jrd.racer)
21 Master Twenty-One (a.k.a. UnknownMaster21)
22 Scott Pilgrim (a.k.a. Chrisuu01)
23 General Hybris
29 Pierre (a.k.a. theodinho29)
34 Sobis
42 Ablablabla (a.k.a. Uke)
51 Believer
69 Reginald Molehusband (a.k.a. Robinm)
87 ACCAkut
76 Clyde (a.k.a LineR32)
98 Wazzaaaaaaa! (a.k.a. hp999)
210 CelticFang (a.k.a. DieKolkrabe)
326 Sam (a.k.a. Sam326)
427 Mookster (a.k.a. mookie427)
500 Eclipse
555 GotSpeed
606 RIOT SQUAD (a.k.a. Jon606)
616 Jam (a.k.a Racon)
740 KJD (a.k.a. pandaboy)
760 Ryano (a.k.a. Badger440)
808 Tim (a.k.a. Subphonic)
834 uiop
889 BREATHE (a.k.a BriZz)
997 Rik (a.k.a. rik97)
999 Rotikas (a.k.a. VTiRacing)

Also many thanks to Hybris for hosting the online standings, morpha for maintaining the server, and everyone who has supported the DD culture of LFS since it first properly came to life in 2008. I don't know if it'll still be here in 5 or 10 years' time, but they're memories that I, and many others, probably won't forget in a hurry.
Oh noes I have totally forgot this one

EDIT: LOL @ my stunt points

EDIT2: Round 2 was a very nice for me however :P
Congrats Clyde, ya little bugger!

Thanks again for all the effort Jon, it's an awesome series.
Grats Clyde!
Congratulations Clyde!

...and thanks again Jon, hope you can figure a maybe less-stressful way to keep this running next year in some format or other...been a good laugh!
Thanks guys. Was fun racing with you lot (and crashing).

LFS Destruction Derby League Season 3 Thread!
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG