The online racing simulator
Same lol...I'm just to slow to catch any victims at Kyoto
...still, South City next!
All ready for tonight? Got a date with Doctor Who then it's LFS time
Could have sworn this was normally on a Sunday...had a nice soak in the bath and lost my title chances I assume?! Bugger
Round 5 Post-Discussion
Despite the small turnout in comparison to previous rounds, and my connection issues which affected the third race, this was actually a very good round.

Round 5's turnout was lower than previous rounds: we had 9 from 13 confirmations, which is a nice percentage of 69%, and apologies to Sobis who arrived just a little bit too late to take part in the round.

Although the track was a bit too large for the number of competitors, the layout was very well used, and there was still some great action, including 606 RIOT SQUAD's kill of 98 Wazzaaaaaaa! in race two. No new drivers tonight, but the ones who turned up put on a great show. 13 Agtem had a strong round racewise, but has he gained enough points to knock 69 Reginald Molehusband off the top of the leaderboard?

Round 6 is the final round which will decide the Points Champion on the Autocross Skidpad in one of the best rounds of the series. The winner of this round will probably join past champions 11 SlideTech and 326 Sam on top of the podium - if they can last long enough, that is! In a revamped format, The Elimination Extravaganza is now a POINTS round, but is only open to drivers who competed in at least 1 race round: will you be able to last long enough to get the most points and win the title?

On a more sombre note, and I am very disappointed to announce this, but a fourth season of the league happening next year is looking incredibly unlikely. I have become quite bored of calculating the scores (the last round took me 3 days to calcuate due to my reluctance to get them finished) but don't want to revert to a system only based on race points. I may do a series of one-off races next year featuring the best tracks of the past three seasons, but more about that will come closer to the time (if it is going to happen).
Round 5 Replays
Thought it was alright for 9 cars, I got in a couple of half decent hits and my 3rd in the last race was alright for me I enjoyed my acrobatics over 616 Jam in heat 2 I think it was as well

Just to add the pileup at the start of heat 3 was great too!
My personal favourite moment from my escapades last night
Attached images
LFS 2011-10-02 15-49-31-20.jpg
LFS 2011-10-02 15-49-43-25.jpg
LFS 2011-10-02 15-49-55-20.jpg
LFS 2011-10-02 15-50-14-79.jpg
LFS 2011-10-02 15-50-35-49.jpg
LFS 2011-10-02 15-50-51-61.jpg
Close second for me, I'm afraid Mooks - my favourite being my knocking 997 Rik spinning halfway across the ethereal undercity, which I felt was suitable punishment for such a despicable act of ambush I could barely drive after that for laughing so hard at Rik's radar marker (Sorry Rik!)

Awesome event, despite the low numbers, thanks Jon!

PS, Re hassle of scoring: When I've got a bit of time spare I'm going to try and make an automated points system in insim - dunno how good it can be made with the data available, but there's so much data there that I figure it's worth a hack. If you want in for designing, building and/or using it, just shout
Racon I think you'd like the LFS Bangers server with a 'league' which is run every friday, you should give it a try as you seem to have the right attitude to crashing
I've popped in once or twice and loved it, I'll be a regular soon enough - I'm just short of free time at the mo :/
Quote from Racon :Close second for me, I'm afraid Mooks - my favourite being my knocking 997 Rik spinning halfway across the ethereal undercity, which I felt was suitable punishment for such a despicable act of ambush I could barely drive after that for laughing so hard at Rik's radar marker (Sorry Rik!)

Awesome event, despite the low numbers, thanks Jon!

PS, Re hassle of scoring: When I've got a bit of time spare I'm going to try and make an automated points system in insim - dunno how good it can be made with the data available, but there's so much data there that I figure it's worth a hack. If you want in for designing, building and/or using it, just shout

haha no problem mate!
Jon must be slacking I'd have thought the results would be up by now!
I've counted my own - I got 3,000,001 points - if that's any help jon?
Quote from mookie427 :Jon must be slacking I'd have thought the results would be up by now!

The points will be up later today - apologies once again for my reluctance.

Quote from Racon :I've counted my own - I got 3,000,001 points - if that's any help jon?

I think you've got your sums wrong there
Quote from Jon606 :I think you've got your sums wrong there

I added a few for style...
Round 5 Results
Apologies once again for the lateness, but here are the results of the fifth round.

For the final time this season, nobody got either of the bonuses, although 606 RIOT SQUAD came close to getting the Crash Bonus after hitting the rolled car of 98 Wazzaaaaaaa!... but hit way too hard and flung him back onto the track: talk about unlucky!

For the third time in a row, Race Points were given out like candy due to the small numbers of drivers, with 13 Agtem YET AGAIN coming oh-so-close to recording the league's first Clean Race, but contact on the second lap of Race 1 ruined his chance. However, he DID set the record of becoming the first driver to have won all four races in a round, so a very well done to him for that.

For what is most likely going to be the final ever standard round, how appropriate was it for the winner to be the guy who runs it: RIOT SQUAD took the round on a somewhat low winning score of 3210 points, just 35 points ahead of 616 Jam in a rare FXO 1-2 finish, with Agtem 550 points behind in third.

The League and final Race Standings will be updated tomorrow, with the online scoreboard already updated. The winner of the Race Points title will also be announced tomorrow, so keep your eyes open for this thread getting bumped!

Race 1

Race 2

Race 3

Race 4

Round Standings
I tried a different tactic in that round, which was staying within the group and trying to get some points rather than pulling away and running for my life

Didn't work out as well as I'd expected it to, but it was fun as hell!
I still have no idea how you work out the points, it seems fairly arbitrary much like QI's point system.
The Race Points Champion is...
Now it's time to announce the winner of the Race Points title. I'll give you a clue before I announce who it is: it's an European driver, so that's everyone who raced then!

This driver, although not one of the first to sign up, has been an excellent alternative in my eyes with his fellow RB4 driver and all-around DD legend 02 Wheeling, who has made three appearances this season. With a similar approach to the DD League, this driver has been able to hit when needed and can also race when needed.

After scoring three 6th places in a row, he turned up the heat in the final round and finished 3rd overall with a blistering race performance which saw him score an excellent 2400 points: the second highest of any driver this season!

With 69 Reginald Molehusband having led the race standings for three races in a row, building up such an incredibly healthy lead in the process, that going into the final round, there were only two drivers who could catch up to that dominant and rusted RB4: 13 Agtem and 76 Clyde. Well, one of them did it, and in the process became the first driver to win the Race Points title despite not racing at all the rounds.

So, without further ado, I present to you this season's Race Points Champion:

:laola::woohoo: :clapclap: 13 Agtem! :clapclap::woohoo::laola:

Going into the final set of races on South City, Reginald Molehusband had built up an outstanding lead of 2275 points over Agtem in second, and a further 325 points over Clyde in third, and it was a lead that looked to be unbeatable.

With such a supreme performance in Round 5 though, and becoming the first driver to score the maximum of 500 race points in each race, Agtem took the title by 125 points! This win did come in a somewhat lucky fashion though: had Molehusband not spectated during the controversial "Pitgate" incident in the fourth race of Round 1, he would have finished 7th, scoring 200 points and, if the current scores had stayed the same, would have won overall, so that's why you don't spectate!

For the next season (whenever that will be) Agtem will be allowed to race under #2 if he wishes to do so. No other driver will be allowed this number.
Congrats Agtem!
Rule Updates #2
I'd just like to bring the following additions to attention that I have made to the rules (viewable here) in regards to the final round. Here are the additions:

1. Section 1c, entitled "Final Round Schedule" has been added. I'll outline the important points below:
Quote from LFS DD League Rules :After the final race round points have been posted and the league table has been updated: the table is split into two equal halves, and, assuming that 100% of the drivers show up, these halves will be the DD groups for the final round. If 16 or fewer drivers show up, then these groups will not apply.

This is basically saying the following: the league table has been split into two groups, the UPPER HALF and the LOWER HALF, with these groups being the DD groups for the final round (because of the 16-car limit on the Autocross tracks).

Quote :20:00 BST (19:00 GMT): Two situations can occur here, depending on how many drivers have turned up:

1. If the number of drivers > 16, then the LOWER HALF DD starts, and ends when there are 8 cars remaining. These 8 drivers go through to the final DD.
2. If the number of drivers ≤ 16, then THE FINAL DD starts straight away.

After LOWER HALF DD (if applicable): The UPPER HALF DD starts, and ends when there are 8 cars remaining, with these 8 drivers going through to the final DD.
After UPPER HALF DD (if applicable): The FINAL DD starts, and ends with the last car running.
After THE FINAL DD: End of the round.

This just explains how the multiple DD format will occur if the groups are necessary. In the event that one group has less than 8 participants on the night, then all of those drivers will automatically enter the Final DD.

2. Section 3e, entitled "Final Round Points System", has also been added. This points system is as follows:

Quote :For the final round, The Elimination Extravaganza, points will be given out in the following manner:
  • 10 points will be awarded for every second that a driver is active (this excludes the 10-second window when a car has been removed from the event) in the final DD
  • 125 points will be awarded to the final 8 cars in both the lower half and upper half DDs (if applicable)
  • 500 points will either be awarded to the penultimate car running in the final DD
  • 1000 points will be awarded to the winner of the final DD

The "10-points-per-second" rule only applies to the Final DD because the preceding two DDs (the lower half DD and the upper half DD) may not take place.
I can't come about then is our team race! SORRY
2 Days left - if you're not yet in for the final, pull yer finger out!
Round 6 Post-Discussion
Well that's the end of this season, and it certainly didn't disappoint!

We got the same number of confirmations for this round as last time - 13 confirmed drivers - but there were two more drivers in attendance, resulting in 11 drivers taking part in the final round, at a confirmation turnout percentage of 84.6%, which is absolutely marvellous for this final round.

After a few... "aborted" starts, we finally got underway, and 889 BREATHE was eliminated within the first minute! Current leader 616 Jam was punted over the side barriers at around the 2 minute mark, with his rival 808 Tim being put over the same barriers some period afterwards; it'll be VERY interesting to see how long those two lasted.

Drivers kept getting taken out left, right, and centre, until there were three left: the two RB4s of 69 Reginald Molehusband and 98 Wazzaaaaaaa!, and the XRT of 76 Clyde (who reached the final 3 for the second season in a row)! Based on past Extravaganzas, Clyde was most likely to lose this, as an RB4 has always won. However, he prevailed and won by rolling Molehusband, formally winning the DD in a pretty speedy 8:08 mins and becoming the second British winner of the Elimination Extravaganza!

The overall winner will be announced alongside the points' results, but did Clyde last for long enough to actually have a chance of stealing the points title from the long-time table-topping dominators Jam and Tim? Well, you'll just have to find out later...

I'll get around to writing up a full thank you alongside the results, but I'll say one here anyway:

Thanks to everyone who has signed up, raced and helped with the running of this, and also for your support over the past 3-or-so months; I couldn't have done it without you. :thumb3d:
Round 6 Replay

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG