The online racing simulator
I really dont know what to tell on latest post from Scawen. Its almost the same but just re-written in different way plus a bit inside story. Its empy post for me.

The next update with content might be big disappoitment for a lot of people in the comunity because I dont see anything else being worked on then Rockingham and Scirocco. In past it was not a problem to release few pictures what is happening and I bet people were looking foward for next update but now they must feel more like - is there really anything happening?This loooking now to me most like hiding there is nothing more then Rockingham and Scirocco (*speculation*).

Its a shame Scavier are refusing help from comunity to make the game more interesting. I dont mind I leak this now because its quite years back but we could have another official car already in LFS. It was one of the European carmaker and it could be practically for free of use but they refused it.

My personal feeling but I feel more and more disconnection between Scavier and the community when I compare the first years of development.

I feel like Scavier are very happy with themself what they achived and dont mind people here anymore almost and I repeat myself again but I hate speaking like that about LFS and devs because this is the "game" I played the longest time in my life and still check around after years hoping something might moved forward but I am getting being disappoitment.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :
My personal feeling but I feel more and more disconnection between Scavier and the community...

Its not disconnection its Scavier felt the smell of the money (Cant blame them tho when you spend your time doing something you want to have something from it its not charity) And now trying to keep the game to themselves as much as possible by not letting anyone in (Modders or independent 3d artists) so there is no one to share with no risk of loosing tech data etc.
i rofled irl.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Tintop?

What about the RB4 and the...

nevermind.

The RAC and the..

wait...

The LX6 and the LX8...

Hold on...

Nevermind.

Well, that's why I said nearly. The LX's are like Catherhams and don't really have a roof, and the RAC is (always?) a convertible.

Well, the RB4 has a roof...
Quote from Chupacabras84 :Its not disconnection its Scavier felt the smell of the money (Cant blame them tho when you spend your time doing something you want to have something from it its not charity) And now trying to keep the game to themselves as much as possible by not letting anyone in (Modders or independent 3d artists) so there is no one to share with no risk of loosing tech data etc.

they never provided any data to anyone.....I really dont know what you are talking about and apparently you did understand it wrong.
Hope Live For Speed Ill Have Realic Drift Smoke Like In Real Life And More Things
Most sims let you see the hot tire pressure but I haven't seen that anywhere in LFS. Does anyone know if LFS increases the tire pressure as the tire heats up? It doesn't seem to me that it does.
I'm pretty sure it does.
I did some testing a while back, driving over and over the same kerb at cold and hot temps. Just a little grounding with colds, but none with hots.
Quote from codehound :Most sims let you see the hot tire pressure but I haven't seen that anywhere in LFS. Does anyone know if LFS increases the tire pressure as the tire heats up? It doesn't seem to me that it does.

Why do you think you have the interior air temp in F9 screen?
Quote from Whiskey :Why do you think you have the interior air temp in F9 screen?

That's the temperature, he wants pressure.
F12
I suspect that will be one of the main problems Scawen is struggling with
Quote from Flame CZE :That's the temperature, he wants pressure.

I know, but if LFS shows that temperature it can only be due to LFS need it to calculate the actual presure
Would be great if the rims weren't that ugly.
Would be great if this thread dies
Quote from kimd41 :I wish we had a luxury and fast sedan in LFS, just look at this awesome mod: (no download link, dont worry moderators)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYI5igoXi5M

Amazing.

Wow...
The car model quality just to judge from video looks really good, even better then Scirocco. It looks to me comunity could provide nice help with providing content. It does not have to be real cars but there is apparently potential within the community.

I never understand why devs did not open a possibility to have the car content created outside the dev team( it would did not take their resources a lot) and it would be devs who would allow after passing their quaility crateria and integrate. Could be the same with tracks.

So much nice potential lost from comunity....what areal shame :-(.
Hi m8
Im sure that they planned to integrate stuff from the community, but all those things would require man power and some systems to keep things clean and sorted. And most importantly, it would mean that they have to give at least some sort of editor to the community. And you know we have clever people like Phlos who will easily hack those tools and make their own editors from it, allowing everyone to get custom cars (and thus not buying possible addition cars or tracks the devs might release in the future).
Any of those significant changes have their pros and cons.
At the and of the day, most people would only be disappointed to see their McLaren GTR or Ferrari F40 in the game, with a tyre physics that cannot handle such cars (neither with a realistic not unrealistic setup).

So what would you do? I could not tell tbh... Go back to the classic game development method and hire plenty of people to get things done much quicker (and run out of budget and throw an unfinished crap game on the market), or suffer from the small indie team and get only small bits of work done at a time?
The devs decided to do the latter because at least its fun
However, its not good that the physics are taking such a long time, because the other parts of the game need a lot review as well. At some point, you just have to start over with some of the graphics because they got outdated.
Thats the development part of the problem.

But there is still the waiting community, and the other games getting better compared to LFS.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :
So much nice potential lost from comunity....what areal shame :-(.

..and what are you trying to say?
to Ori:
if somebody want to they can hack now. I dont think editor would make things much easier and who said an editor would have to be provided. Maybe there is easy way for scawen to write convertor which would convert the models from 3D programs to native LFS format. Dunno...just speculating.

With the physics I agree but only partially. We have real cars already and they dont handle as they should probably. How it can be different for Raceabout and Scirocco with currneth physics. The nature law are always the same...

I did not said to hire people. I bet there a a lot poeple in the comunity who can provide high level of support for free. As I said before the more complex LFS getting the more time the things taking to develop/update....3 people are simply not enough anymore to keep the speed of the progress as was in past.

The lack of any feedback from Eric is not helping either. Its deplorable...

to sjava: comunity was trying to bring content to LFS. They arranged on their own a lot of things yet it was refused by devs. What I can say here...

I bet a lot of people could help making LFS better, speed up things.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Well, that's why I said nearly. The LX's are like Catherhams and don't really have a roof, and the RAC is (always?) a convertible.

Well, the RB4 has a roof...

Oops, I meant the tintops having a race version..

RAC hasn't got one, LX doesn't got one, RB4.

You get the point
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Oops, I meant the tintops having a race version..

RAC hasn't got one, LX doesn't got one, RB4.

You get the point

Yeah.

The RAC has horribly handling IMO, doing a race version would only make it horribly faster.

The LX4 kind of evolved like a Pokemon into the LX6, but yeah, that's no race version.

And the RB4... Well, uh... If there was a race version, it wouldn't be suitable for off-road events anymore(It resembles the Celica/Little bit Supra as rally car already). It would be rather a GT like the real Supra in Japan...

But just saying it would be awesome to have the VWS as race car.

I think the Scirocco R-Cup in Germany uses mostly a normal version of the car, minus some things like the boost. Since the real deal, the works car entered into the Nordschleife endurance races, is quite a bit more powerful...
Quote from DEVIL 007 :write convertor which would convert the models from 3D programs to native LFS format.

iirc they are using lightwave to model the objects and then export them to the lfs modeller, where you set up all the functionality. I dont know how it works for the tracks, beacuse they require quite a different data structure. For example you cannot drive on the trees and various track segments have different materials etc.
Quote :I did not said to hire people. I bet there a a lot poeple in the comunity who can provide high level of support for free.

You can quite easily outsource (parts of) the art work, like modelling or texturing, but currently the main problems are a) tyre physics is really a hard job and sc needs a lot time to make it good, and b) the graphics engine is getting outdated and thus all the modelling work that eric has been doing in the last 3 years or so might be for the recycle bin at some point.
Quote :I bet a lot of people could help making LFS better, speed up things.

probably, but after all it will also require someone who has an overview about all the things that other people are making, and first of all they might need some training for the tools that are need and not public atm. All this takes time and is also management work, which the devs do not like to make. (And this fact is basically one of the main reasons why LFS exists at all )
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG