The online racing simulator
Quote from farcar :The old 'type something and then run it through a translator multiple times until it no longer makes sense' trick hey?

Sooooo 2008.

I thought Jedi it was. This I know because collected all the tokens I have. A Jedi too am I.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :in forthcome actuality contain update in 2011 year. armband of lfs will rain born forever as high sim actual.

Very incisive and straight to the point.
Quote from jasonmatthews :IMHO, Scawen has created this sim with the user community in mind. Insim is a good example of this. I hope when he does release S2 final and S3, he will think about a track editor at least. How he controls that within LFS I have no idea, but it would certainly stop the need for us to be waiting years and years for content.

I am happy to wait for cars, as I believe they do need to be integrated into the physics correctly. But tracks?

With an editor, or better still an ability to import tracks from something like bob's track builder (google it), it would take away the pressure on the devs, allowing them to work on the physics and updates to sound and graphics etc. Also, it would negate the need to have licenses for the tracks..

Will it happen

I beg for it, but at same time I don't think it will happend.
Quote from RasmusL :Because it's a race version? While the car we're getting in LFS is a street version?

Street version? Who really cares.
Race version? Yay... fancy XFR :sleep2::sleep2:

.. what I hope for is some more tracks, and yes.. possibly few more cars. But just VWS? Seriously ...
Quote from Nick7 :Street version? Who really cares.
Race version? Yay... fancy XFR :sleep2::sleep2:

.. what I hope for is some more tracks, and yes.. possibly few more cars. But just VWS? Seriously ...

Sawen already said, Eric is working on the VWS and another car (we still don´t know what it is, not even the car type). Now Scawen not only says, Eric is working on a car, but he was working all the time on S3 stuff. So let´s see what all that S3 content will be. I´m sure it will be more then one track and 2 cars....
Eric doesn't have to work on the VWS because that car was finished two years ago
if it were finished, we'd have it. do we have it? no. so, it's not finished. job done.
Quote from dadge :if it were finished, we'd have it. do we have it? no. so, it's not finished. job done.

No.
Quote :The VW Scirocco and Rockingham have seemed quite close to release for some time now, but we decided to wait for the updated tyres because these things from the real world will be best experienced with the most realistic physics system.

Quote from Flame CZE :No.

quite close is not still not finished. although 99.9999999% is quite close to 100%, it's still not 100% is it?
The suspension and tires for it obviously are not done. Last time I checked that was part of the car.

You guys complain about the most meaningless things. I mean, who cares about the VWS?
prolly yos just trollin. read it full,its not released coz its not 100 % yet.its is,they r waiting for the tyre updates,so will be released all together.
Quote from dadge :VW

Well I hope they didn't have a "deadline" for this release then.
Quote from e2mustang :prolly yos just trollin. read it full,its not released coz its not 100 % yet.its is,they r waiting for the tyre updates,so will be released all together.

not trolling. just stating the obvious.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well I hope they didn't have a "deadline" for this release then.

They dont have a deadline, remember the words "early 2009"

SO there is a big lack of Content releasing and a more huge lack of communication with the community !
I remember When I first got lfs there was loads of updates for like 2-3 months and I think the last update was like 12 + months ago. Ahhwell keep on going lfs community we can all hope a update will come. Then we will all be wanting S4
Quote from tbofram :I remember When I first got lfs there was loads of updates for like 2-3 months and I think the last update was like 12 + months ago. Ahhwell keep on going lfs community we can all hope a update will come. Then we will all be wanting S4

Get out my country..
it didnt take aslong for the real vws to go from design to production
Quote from bishtop :it didnt take aslong for the real vws to go from design to production

You're not sure about that yet.
Release this shit or I'll make you release it.
Just a heads up to some of you fools who think that S3 is only going to be the Scirocco and Rockingham. If you actually read the first post you would see that Eric is working on other stuff! If you're asking yourself "Then why can't we see it?" you must be an even bigger fool because this thread is a true testament to what would happen if we saw pictures of what Eric was working on and it wasn't released within a week.

I find it silly that we need to endlessly moan about how 'little' the devs are doing when we clearly have so little to do ourselves that we have the time to come here and endlessly moan about development speed. Not only is it a waste of your own time to come here and just moan about how long the devs take, but it ruins the community-developer relationship as Scawen is probably too busy (he is writing a new set of tyre physics after all) to shift through 20+ pages of complaints and silly questions to address some legitimate community concerns (ones that haven't been adressed already).

Now that I've made my point, I'm going to do some bloody work. Tommorow I'll come back, check if there's a patch and go on my way if there isn't.
Quote from Rappa Z :Just a heads up to some of you fools who think that S3 is only going to be the Scirocco and Rockingham. If you actually read the first post you would see that Eric is working on other stuff! If you're asking yourself "Then why can't we see it?" you must be an even bigger fool because this thread is a true testament to what would happen if we saw pictures of what Eric was working on and it wasn't released within a week.

I find it silly that we need to endlessly moan about how 'little' the devs are doing when we clearly have so little to do ourselves that we have the time to come here and endlessly moan about development speed. Not only is it a waste of your own time to come here and just moan about how long the devs take, but it ruins the community-developer relationship as Scawen is probably too busy (he is writing a new set of tyre physics after all) to shift through 20+ pages of complaints and silly questions to address some legitimate community concerns (ones that haven't been adressed already).

Now that I've made my point, I'm going to do some bloody work. Tommorow I'll come back, check if there's a patch and go on my way if there isn't.

Amen, too many whiners. Content, content content, nom nom nom. How about the tyre physics, thats more important to me.
Quote from Rappa Z :Just a heads up to some of you fools who think that S3 is only going to be the Scirocco and Rockingham. If you actually read the first post you would see that Eric is working on other stuff! If you're asking yourself "Then why can't we see it?" you must be an even bigger fool because this thread is a true testament to what would happen if we saw pictures of what Eric was working on and it wasn't released within a week.

Last time i checked, it took eric about 1 year to update SOME cockpits... and some other small stuff... in that one year, a seasoned 3d artist could have done about 6 highly detailed car models with incredible cockpits and a bag of chips, factoring in other misc work needed. So knowing this, we should expect about 20 brand new cars right? noooooooooooo, a VWS which the 3d model has been finished for about 2 years, and another new car. Not quite breathtaking.

Dont want to be negative about it, but im just working with what has been shown up to today.
I hadn't thought about that and dammit you are quite right. But my uncharacteristically optomistic attitude won't let me believe that Eric isn't doing at least a little bit more than what we saw last time around (he has more time for this release after all). I'm not talking about stock cars, rally packs and LMP cars, but probably something along the lines of finishing the old cockpit updates and possibly (hopefully!) briging the old tracks up to snuff as well. This is just optomistic BS though so it is best to disregard anything I say as rumor. After all, it is just an idea.
Quote from Rappa Z :I hadn't thought about that and dammit you are quite right. But my uncharacteristically optomistic attitude won't let me believe that Eric isn't doing at least a little bit more than what we saw last time around (he has more time for this release after all). I'm not talking about stock cars, rally packs and LMP cars, but probably something along the lines of finishing the old cockpit updates and possibly (hopefully!) briging the old tracks up to snuff as well. This is just optomistic BS though so it is best to disregard anything I say as rumor. After all, it is just an idea.

What really bothers me is that if Eric truly had something to show, we'd have seen at least some part of it, sneak peaks or something. It's really weird, he doesn't seem to care in any way what people think of his work.
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG