The online racing simulator
Server options wishlist
(220 posts, started )
Quote from _ak :yes, this shot is for WE1R, but other side has such white line too. I don't remember if crossing line at pit entry is allowed or not, must be yes.

You can cross the pit entry line (FiA for F1 allows this) as many times as you would like from what ever side you would like. However, You can not cross the pit exit line, coming out of the pits, but you can cross that same line if you where not in the pits.

I hope that cleared some things up on the FiA F1 rules.
An option to hold down telepit and telespec would be very useful.
Quote from Stefani24 :An option to hold down telepit and telespec would be very useful.

Can you explain in more detail?
not sure if this is server side or client

But the ability to add servers to a favorites list!!!
Yes that would be client side option for sure. But I agree it worth adding to the other wish list.
Display Private/Public ingame
Add an ingame indicator (F12?) to show if the server is Public or Private.

We occasionally make our server private on the fly but have often forgot to make it public again after we've finished a session. Because we all have the server password included as part of the connection we can all reconnect the next time without realising we've still got a private server. It's only when someone realises that no guests have joined that the penny drops.
Quote from OldBloke :Add an ingame indicator (F12?) to show if the server is Public or Private.

We occasionally make our server private on the fly but have often forgot to make it public again after we've finished a session. Because we all have the server password included as part of the connection we can all reconnect the next time without realising we've still got a private server. It's only when someone realises that no guests have joined that the penny drops.

Hmm.. I don't think it should be in F12-menu. If it's going to be somewhere, then maybe lower left corner (Where the ping-blocks are).
I have two ideas

Pitstop windows, eg. pit window opens after 5 laps after start of race and closes within 3 of the finish

Two compulsory stops, one for fuel and one for tyres as an option
Quote from Xalies :Pitstop windows, eg. pit window opens after 5 laps after start of race and closes within 3 of the finish

+1, but the amount of laps can be changed.

Quote from Xalies :Two compulsory stops, one for fuel and one for tyres as an option

+1, would help so you don't have to change too much setting on mid-race.
Pit entry/exit lines, Racers get a drive-through if these are touched
Pic: http://i20.photobucket.com/alb ... 1/Xalies/controllines.jpg
Drive-Through, Racers that are serving a drive though must stay on the pit "fastlane"
Pic: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/Xalies/fastlane.jpg
Pit stops, when preforming a pit-stop/stop-go must not travel more then 8 meters (example) then in the pit box or yellow zones

These arent so much as server optionsas a general ideas but could be controled with a /forcepitrules=1

Start Type, Standing or Rolling /starttype=S/R

P.S. I see the pit lines was already suggested by _ak, too late now... i even done the pic and everything
Request:

Date and time stamps (with seconds) for server logs.
Quote from OldBloke :Add an ingame indicator (F12?) to show if the server is Public or Private.

Good idea for sure, but this is a client enhancement, so it should go into the other suggestion lists.

Quote from Xalies :

Pitstop windows, eg. pit window opens after 5 laps after start of race and closes within 3 of the finish

Two compulsory stops, one for fuel and one for tyres as an option

Added
  • /pitwindow=<laps> /pittyres=<laps> /pitfuel=<laps> where laps configurable range of laps (2,8,12-18)
Quote from Xalies :Pit entry/exit lines, Racers get a drive-through if these are touched
Pic: http://i20.photobucket.com/alb ... 1/Xalies/controllines.jpg
Drive-Through, Racers that are serving a drive though must stay on the pit "fastlane"
Pic: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/Xalies/fastlane.jpg
Pit stops, when preforming a pit-stop/stop-go must not travel more then 8 meters (example) then in the pit box or yellow zones

These arent so much as server optionsas a general ideas but could be controled with a /forcepitrules=1

Start Type, Standing or Rolling /starttype=S/R

P.S. I see the pit lines was already suggested by _ak, too late now... i even done the pic and everything

Added

Quote from Lotesdelere :Request:

Date and time stamps (with seconds) for server logs.

Added
#188 - Dac
once at the starting grid the guy behind had a false start and rammed into the back of me. for this i got a stop and go penalty which i thought was very unfair. would there be anyway to correct this?
Quote from Dac :once at the starting grid the guy behind had a false start and rammed into the back of me. for this i got a stop and go penalty which i thought was very unfair. would there be anyway to correct this?

I would say this is more of a bug in the Jump start code. Should be possible to address by checking if the jump movement was caused by engine or collision. I would report it in the Bug forum.
Insim: Ping/Latency, not just a "oh this person is lagging" flag.
Quote from Baked Nut :not sure if this is server side or client
But the ability to add servers to a favorites list!!!

Very needful function! =] hope it will be created soon.
Quote from Krammeh :Insim: Ping/Latency, not just a "oh this person is lagging" flag.

Added.

A latency measurement depends on the connection type. Via server or Peer2Peer. Perhaps it could be expressed as an average to all users.
I would dearly love to see the end of PBs being displayed. Let them be shown only to the driver in question and/or then in the results table along with the lap it was done on. My reason for wanting this is that it is distracting, as is the fusillade of smilies, well dones, w00ts and weyheys. PBs are great, we all like to get them, but displaying them is of no real interest to anyone but oneself.
/Meh mode=off

EDIT: This shouldn't be in this thread. Could some kind gentleman move it to an appropriate thread? Thanks
Filter options on server list
Well, this is suggested it before but not so good one, so I have a idea.

Why we can´t list all of filter options while finding a server?

For example:

There is already:

Car filters
Car class filters
Empty servers filter
Cruising server filter
Private server filter
Publish server filter

But i think a bit more:

Continet filter: So You can find servers only european, american or asian etc...

Track filter: Choosing what kind of track You want? Aston, Blackwood, Kyoto etc...

Layout filter: means is there have layout or not?

Lap filter: so you can choose about 1 - 5 laps server or 10 - 20 laps or whatever.

Favourite filter: You can put your favourite servers like about LFSWorld, and you can find them easier

I know this is suggested it before! but I see about it´s better to just make new one, because I really like about those filters
Quote :Server list filter. (Track/Layout/Lap) and Favourite filter.

Updated
I don´t know if it is said already...

But the possibility to ban someone by IP address or to ban a IP range or subnet range might be helpful too.

Especially on demo servers there are guys having hundrets "licences" to prevent becomming banned.

/closepit=yes/no : Close/open the pit lane. Who enters the pit lane while it is closed is forced to spectate (Does not affect joining players, but they need to stop at pit exit or they'll be spectated.).

/permaban USERNAME : Permanently ban an user from the server.
Updated.
One suggestion: allow idea racing line for spectaters even "force in car view" is on.

Server options wishlist
(220 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG