The online racing simulator
Quote from sinbad :Webber would have moved back over to the right, but only at the very last moment, leaving Vettel with no time to follow him. You see this sort of thing all the time.

Vettel simply thinks Webber is more predictable than he actually is. IMO the only predictable thing about Webber is that he's not as good at passing/defending as he thinks he is, and he still expects to win every battle for a position.

Ah. I thought the very last moment was pretty much when they made contact. If there was still some time to move before braking (looks like it after viewing again) then Vettel should have known and waited before swerving. He'll know next time.
Agree with everyone else. Both silly both stupid. They will know better next time. These things happen...
Quote from Intrepid :Has to be said that Hamilton looked like he really didn't care if he took Button out at T1 (which he nearly did). Just didn't look happy at all with the team and the fuel call. I think there was some coded message in there from the team about 'not racing' and Button shocked him when he made his move. Fair play to Button for giving it a go, but Hamilton is a nut job so he will push it back.

On the 'incident'. What shall we name it? Turkeygate? Vettelgate? lol Vettel's biggest mistake was his gestures following the crash because that gives an insight into what he really thinks about Webber. It was 100% Vettel's fault, but I can't help Webber should've just conceded because Vettel has a habit of doing weird things when other cars are near him. RBR seem to be makingt he same mistakes as they did in 2009.

and another problem for this year:
the two drivers in the top two teams (McLaren and Red Bull) is so close together this year, a lack of team orders and a number 1 driver could easily lost anyone of them the driver's championship...

but what's for sure, RBR is doing a very good job of stuff that will lose them championships...
its just a simple racing incident
vettel tried to muscles his way over to the right and webber wasnt having any of it and thats all there is to it

although it was phenomenally stupid of webber to put both of them on the dirty side of the track with hamilton so close behind
Quote from JazzOn :no overtaking?

McLaren drivers showed the Red Bulls pairing how to race...

Webber and Vettel both just need to stop being an idiot and it would have been fine...
Quote from JCTK :McLaren drivers showed the Red Bulls pairing how to race...

Not sure about that Hamilton was pretty happy to lift of the brakes into turn 1 to get past Jenson. Very close and coulda ended in a similar way.
Quote from JazzOn :no overtaking?

No. I never said no overtaking... They will simply know better how to race each other. Hamilton and Button is a prime example of how it should of been done.
Quote from JCTK :McLaren drivers showed the Red Bulls pairing how to race...

Webber and Vettel both just need to stop being an idiot and it would have been fine...

absolutly right. Looking at the link from above it looks like it was last lap, last corner, but hamilton is right there. He's even in the picture already and there was no time to loose whatsoever for RBR. Webber wasn't really a teamplayer here, unfortunately.

E: Agreed, devildare. Thats what i was saying before, Webber could have kept outside and still being able to defend his position. He worked for Mclaren in this race.
Quote from Intrepid :Not sure about that Hamilton was pretty happy to lift of the brakes into turn 1 to get past Jenson. Very close and coulda ended in a similar way.

It would always be a very bad idea for anyone to hang around the outside down there at T1 through. And Jensen obviously thought the better of it and backed off slightly to let Lewis take his line.

at least they didn't completely screw each other up going into/during the final complex of corners...
Quote from Intrepid :Has to be said that Hamilton looked like he really didn't care if he took Button out at T1 (which he nearly did). Just didn't look happy at all with the team and the fuel call. I think there was some coded message in there from the team about 'not racing' and Button shocked him when he made his move. Fair play to Button for giving it a go, but Hamilton is a nut job so he will push it back.

On the 'incident'. What shall we name it? Turkeygate? Vettelgate? lol Vettel's biggest mistake was his gestures following the crash because that gives an insight into what he really thinks about Webber. It was 100% Vettel's fault, but I can't help Webber should've just conceded because Vettel has a habit of doing weird things when other cars are near him. RBR seem to be makingt he same mistakes as they did in 2009.

Yes excatly what I was thinking. Hamilton did hit Button in turn 1 as far as I could tell.
Button was clearly told to back off, and hold his position, too bad for him, he was faster than Hamilton today.

The incident
It was Vettels fault, he turned into Webber obviously, however Webber could have, but choose not to give any more room than necessary.
Quote from lamerr :
Button was clearly told to back off, and hold his position, too bad for him, he was faster than Hamilton today.

He wasn't quicker than Hamilton at all, what you on about?

I think the fuel thing was a coded message that Lewis seem to get and Button ignored. Fair play to Button for giving it a go, but you can understand Hamilton's annoyance (which was displayed with the move back at T1)
Alonso.. :gnasher:
Quote from Intrepid :He wasn't quicker than Hamilton at all, what you on about?

I think the fuel thing was a coded message that Lewis seem to get and Button ignored. Fair play to Button for giving it a go, but you can understand Hamilton's annoyance (which was displayed with the move back at T1)

Well Hamilton wasnt faster than Button at all this race, so what You on about?

It looked like, it was Button who was the faster car on the track, but kept his distance to Hamilton, Vettel and Webber. He continued to set fastest lap times in the race. So he must have been faster or at least equally fast as Hamilton.

But nevertheless, it was still an interesting race.
I do have to laugh at this entire "no teamorders"-rule... It's being done all the time just by coded language and so forth.
You got to be kidding me... Button was not faster than Hamilton. What race were you watching? Seriously...
Quote from lamerr :Well Hamilton wasnt faster than Button at all this race, so what You on about?

It looked like, it was Button who was the faster car on the track, but kept his distance to Hamilton, Vettel and Webber. He continued to set fastest lap times in the race. So he must have been faster or at least equally fast as Hamilton.

But nevertheless, it was still an interesting race.

Lewis was stuck behind the RBRs quite clearly and had the best pace.

If Button had the 'pace' he would have overtaken them all in the pit stops... he didn't! Button certainly wasn't pressing Vettel to any significant degree.
Vettel's words, now you really can notice that he sounds like a little kid and has no valid arguments to defend his action. His opening word already shows an argumental basic flaw:

Quote :"Obviously, I think if you look at the pictures it was clear I had the inside," said Vettel. "I went on the inside, I was ahead and just going down to focus on the braking point and honestly, you can see we touched and he touched my right rear wheel and I went off."
He denied that the collision was going to put the intra-team relationships at Red Bull under strain.
"There is no fight

Bold: Yeah, and you always focus on the braking point by swinging your car in your teammates car ?

Meh. I'm going to support someone else for championship from now on.
Quote from Intrepid :Lewis was stuck behind the RBRs quite clearly and had the best pace.

If Button had the 'pace' he would have overtaken them all in the pit stops... he didn't! Button certainly wasn't pressing Vettel to any significant degree.

but as we have seen throughout the season so far, the guys that pitted early for fresh tyres would gain grounds/position on cars that decided to stay out on older tyres...

And I believes Button was trying to drive "smart" again by keeping a safe distance behind Vettel, wasn't sure if that was exactly a great idea through...

both McLaren couldn't show their true pace for the first 40 laps that's for sure. And after that they've been told to back off.
#145 - CSF
Quote from Intrepid :Lewis was stuck behind the RBRs quite clearly and had the best pace.

Like it worked staying out an extra lap for Lewis yes?
Just saying that Button did not have the pace over Hamilton today.

Also

Quote :LeeMcKenzieF1 Twittwr

Just reinterviewed Christian Horner who now feels Webber pushed Vettel onto dirty side and says Webber slow as saving fuel!

RBR favouring Vettel???
That was a thoroughly enjoyable race!

- Great seeing the Macs challenging the RBRs... but with Hamilton seemingly not having too much trouble with the dirty air?

- Button's show of force was fun.

- Would like to have seen Kubica uncorked from Rosberg to challenge Schumey.
Do I foresee Webber employing a "work-to-rule" approach if he drops out of contention for WDC
Quote from Intrepid :RBR favouring Vettel???

Hehe, no surprise there then. The golden boy can do no wrong.

If I were Webber I'd be pretty pissed now. Despite his fantasic last two results and the championship lead he is clearly regarded as the driver that's just making up the numbers in Red Bull. As soon as i saw all the Red Bull guys putting their arms round Vettel after an accident he caused I lost all respect for them.

I'm not Webbers biggest fan, but I really hope he beats Vettel in the championship this year, whether he wins the title or not.
Quote from CSF :Like it worked staying out an extra lap for Lewis yes?

Uhm, shows how much you paid attention to the race... Lewis and Webber pitted at the same time.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG