The online racing simulator
Quote from JazzOn :
That Hamilton goes to the big boys and whines how mean the seb is, just shows what kind of wanker he is, btw.

by saying that, it shows what kind of ..... you are, I'll stop short of using the word you used.

it was the stewards that decided to take a look at the situation, not Hamilton the one that whine about it to the big boys.

And mind you, Vettel did get a warning for that incident.

Having said that, yes Webber shouldn't have been that defensive, but whichever way one cut it, Vettel was the one that CAUSED the accident.
The plot thickens!

Head over to Formula1.com and watch the race edit of the Turkey race. You'll see why Hamilton was so annoyed
I love how FOM decide to release that information now (and add subtitles for added 'rubbing-it-in-ness'), but then not release the radio transmissions between Button and his engineer just to fuel the flames.
Bah
McLarens are real tossers.
Thats just low...

The race edit is amazing though! 'Watercolor' went great with it
The next question is: Did Jenson get told not to overtake, or simply to save fuel? If he was just told to save fuel, then why shouldn't he overtake Lewis if he's quicker? But I have to commend Lewis for his fightback - good stuff from two of the best overtakers in the business (even if I think some of Lewis' passes that have been praised as legendary weren't all that spectacular; e.g. against crippled cars or whatnot).
Quote from tristancliffe :The next question is: Did Jenson get told not to overtake, or simply to save fuel? If he was just told to save fuel, then why shouldn't he overtake Lewis if he's quicker?

I don't think anyone is questioning Button's behaviour. He did what any racing driver would do, but the video clearly demonstrates why Hamilton was so subdued after the race. Interestingly FOM haven't released any transmissions from Button. i don't think Button was told to hold station because he seemed pretty comfortable with the team after the race. If he had ignored team orders the reception would have been much more frosty.

Also hamilton's overtake on Button was not clean in the slightest. That was do or die move and he didn't care if it ended in tears. He actually punted Button out of the way!
Quote from TexasLTU :McLarens are real tossers.

:feedtroll

Quote from JPeace :You would be surprised mate, his brother tought me everything I know about racing itself, and therefore I have complete respect for him. He isn't "talking out of his arse" like some people on the forum. If you just read some of his posts with an open mind, you would agree that he acctually does have some correct and respectful points that he has made.

Sorry but I find it hard to show respect for someone who adresses people in a smug, slimy way with an overbearing sense of self righteousness.

By the way, you should never take everything about racing (or anything else for that matter) from one person.

I just don't understand it, Jenson is ahead in the sodding world championship, yet everybody is acting as if Hamilton deserves to be handed his first position. Also, put enough bloody fuel in the car to finish the race without having to back off, so what if the car is slightly heavier, thats not Jenson's problem! If we concentrated on the race, where the fastest man wins more often than not, then things like this wouldn't happen.
meh, like i said before, Jenson is a prick. He's not stupid, he was playing dumb and twisting words/the situation. Apparently though, thats a load of horse shit
Quote from 5haz :Sorry but I find it hard to show respect for someone who adresses people in a smug, slimy way with an overbearing sense of self righteousness.

5haz the same could be said for you, and 90% of forum members!
Quote from Intrepid :5haz the same could be said for you!

You probrably only ever read my replies to your posts, treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.

I do not, hijack threads to pedal my own political agendas, I do not refer to the same subjects over and over again, and I do not feel the need to claim victory and pat myself on the back with ha ha ha I am the lone voice of sanity posts all the time loaded with bold writing, because we all know that is what you think of yourself. There are many things about you that cannot be said for me as well.

Quote from BenjiMC :meh, like i said before, Jenson is a prick. He's not stupid, he was playing dumb and twisting words/the situation. Apparently though, thats a load of horse shit

Oh no how dare he try to race! He shouldn't have to be playing any mind games off the track anyway, what he pulled off was fair and legal racing. I don't get whats so wrong with that? Or is he supposed to hand Hamilton the win because Hamilton is now the underdog and so the darling of the media and public?

Button is ahead in the championship! If we must have stupid team orders, then Hamilton would be letting him pass.

I really don't understand it, I really don't. Its become good to be a loser and bad to be a winner. :doh:
Quote from 5haz :You probrably only ever read my replies to your posts, treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.

I do not, hijack threads to pedal my own political agendas, I do not refer to the same subjects over and over again, and I do not feel the need to claim victory and pat myself on the back with ha ha ha I am the lone voice of sanity posts all the time, because we all know that is what you think of yourself. There are many things about you that cannot be said for me as well.

You're now hijacking this thread 5Haz stirring a pointless ' let's all gang up on intrepid, here we go again' argument. You're doing the same here as what you accuse me of.

keep this on topic please
Quote from Intrepid :You're now hijacking this thread 5Haz stirring a pointless 'let's all gang up on intrepid, here we go again' argument. You're doing the same here as what you accuse me of.

keep this on topic please

Playing the victim is another one of your tactics. The second part of my post was on topic by the way, but then that wouldn't suit your point would it?

Quote from Intrepid :'let's all gang up on intrepid, here we go again'

And you still haven't thought to wonder why that happens?

Don't try to make out that it is me that causes the trouble, you should read through some of the threads that you haven't posted in (if there are any).
Taken from Autosport forum

Quote :Hamilton
40 1:30.865
41 1:30.222
42 1:30.122
43 1:31.066
44 1:30.679
45 1:30.633
46 1:30.359
47 1:30.668 (gap +1.049)
48 1:33.051* battle with Button (gap -0.084)
49 1:30.576 (gap +1.114)
50 1:30.449
51 1:30.634
52 1:30.658
53 1:31.185

Button
40 1:31.467
41 1:30.201
42 1:29.895
43 1:30.650
44 1:30.838
45 1:30.159
46 1:30.481
47 1:30.886 (gap -1.049)
48 1:31.918* Battle with Hamilton (gap +0.084)
49 1:31.774 (gap -1.114)
50 1:31.015
51 1:31.045
52 1:31.068
53 1:31.084

Hamilton's times after the incident don't scream of a fuel saving crisis to me.
Quote from JPeace :The team told Hamilton to back down, he asked if he did that would button overtake him, they said no. So he backed off, next thing he knew, Button was driving round the outside of him. You can understand why he is upset.

Hamilton expecting the team to guarentee him his position is part of the problem, especially seeing as Button is ahead of him in the championship and its not Button's problem if Mclaren decide to underfuel Hamilton's car for a weight advantage.

What kind of a prima donna is an F1 driver when he expects his team to guarentee him his position without any effort put in from him? This is how far the sporting element has been drained out of F1 in my opinion.

Quote from JPeace :Sorry for double post but, you joined in 2008 and him in 2005. He has 3000 posts and you have 4900. Enough said.

And quite a few of those posts are on topic. If the old post count argument is the best that you can come up with, then I suggest you give up.

Quote from Intrepid :Taken from Autosport forum

Hamilton's times after the incident don't scream of a fuel saving crisis to me.

Why did he and Mclaren want him to back off then?

Slightly OT (Just to warn ya): I'm laughing at the F1Technical forums, the list is just full of "is xxx desperate or what", "does xxx need therapy", "xxx is overrated".

F1 has become so artificial that even a technical forum has decsended into discussions like this.
Quote from 5haz :Hamilton expecting the team to guarentee him his position is part of the problem, especially seeing as Button is ahead of him in the championship and its not Button's problem if Mclaren decide to underfuel Hamilton's car for a weight advantage.

What kind of a prima donna is an F1 driver when he expects his team to guarentee him his position without any effort put in from him? This is how far the sporting element has been drained out of F1 in my opinion.

Where does Hamilton request that Button stay in second place? He asked if Button was going to pass. Basically is Button on the 'same strategy' as him so he can adjust accordingly. These are perfectly legitimate questions and actions. When the team replies that Button is 100% not a threat then you can understand why Hamilton is as baffled at Button overtaking him
Quote from Intrepid :Where does Hamilton request that Button stay in second place? He asked if Button was going to pass. Basically is Button on the 'same strategy' as him so he can adjust accordingly. These are perfectly legitimate questions and actions. When the team replies that Button is 100% not a threat then you can understand why Hamilton is as baffled at Button overtaking him

Why should the team have to guarentee to Hamilton that Button will not try to race him in the first place? Hamilton has no right to be wanting that kind of reassurance from the team, and certainly no right to be upset that he actually had to race in a race, instead of asking Mclaren to cross their heart and hope to die that Button will not make a move, he should be checking his bloody mirrors and defending (obviously without crashing into his team mate however!) because thats what racing drivers are paid to do.

Button was not ordered or requested to stay away from Hamilton, but it is if he was expected to without saying not only by the team, but by 'fans' too, and thats what the problem is.

So what if the team lied to Hamilton, he should'nt have expected that kind of preferential treatment anyway, they probrably guarenteed him his safety to stop him throwing a hissy fit.

This may seem hypocritical in light of what I said earlier about armchair F1 driver psycology, but these things are blatantly obvious, not conclusions jumped to from minor words or actions, Hamilton's attitude in this case is clear to see.

Quote from JPeace :Precissely. It's his fault for beliving that Button would just back off, he coped with it badly though, and drove like he didn't care if he punted Button off, which was bad to see. Cudos to Button thought for ignoring the team and driving like a proper driver for once.

But apparently that makes Button a prick, see there is quite a gap between common sense and common opinion at the moment.

The whole thing is made worse by Button leading Hamilton in the championship, I don't see why Button should be expected to surrender his championship challenge just so golden bollocks Hamilton can feel good about himself.
Quote from 5haz :Why should the team have to guarentee to Hamilton that Button will not try to race him in the first place? Hamilton has no right to be wanting that kind of reassurance from the team, and certainly no right to upset that he actually had to race in a race.

He has every right to ask the team, who have all the relevant data, whether Button is a threat if he backs off. There is absolutely no issue with a driver asking if his position was at risk. The team replied with a 100% no.
Quote from Intrepid :He has every right to ask the team, who have all the relevant data, whether Button is a threat if he backs off. There is absolutely no issue with a driver asking if his position was at risk. The team replied with a 100% no.

Its common sense that if you back off in a race the competitors behind you will become a threat, although saying that quite a few seemed to have forgotten the concept of how a race works. :doh:

To me it seemed like Hamilton wanted the team to promise him an easy ride, surely Hamilton is not that stupid that he thinks that backing off wont allow rivals to close in on him?
Quote from 5haz :Its common sense that if you back off in a race the competitors behind you will become a threat, although saying that quite a few seemed to have forgotten the concept of how a race works. :doh:

To me it seemed like Hamilton wanted the team to promise him an easy ride, surely Hamilton is not that stupid that he thinks that backing off wont allow rivals to close in on him?

they are teammates after all, and it isn't uncommon for the teams to tell their drivers to "hold position". But obviously Button didn't understand (or pretend to didn't understand, in which case good on him for giving us brilliant television~!) the coded message to "save fuel"...
Quote from JPeace :No, thats one person's opinion, and he is entitled to that opinion. Just because one person thinks that: doesn't mean that its a common opinion. And just for the record, I dont think that Button is a "prick". I think he is one of the best drivers on that grid, and has the ability to both drive quick and use his head. Most drivers only have the first ability.

Its very easy to call someone a prick without thinking and pass it off as an opinion, then of course nobody is allowed to touch it because its an 'opinion'.

Quote from JPeace :Well, if that is the case, then he won't be winning any more world championships will he? I think that Lewis is finding it hard without his Dad as his manager, remember his dad has been there all the way for him, before every race, giving him encouragement. Even got him into the sport right at the start. Its hard when thats gone, and I don't think he is coping without a manager.

That is no excuse, unless I'm missing something, did his dad used to tell him how to drive over the team radio? Hes a grown man now and I think he can manage without his daddy.

Quote from JCTK :they are teammates after all, and it isn't uncommon for the teams to tell their drivers to "hold position". But obviously Button didn't understand (or pretend to didn't understand, in which case good on him for giving us brilliant television~!) the coded message to "save fuel"...

Just because team orders are not uncommon, dosen't make them a good thing. I don't understand the logic anyway, you'd think that the team mate with the championship advantage would gain from orders, but then Hamilton is clearly still golden boy at Mclaren.

And if Button did deliberately ignore orders then good on him for sticking two fingers up to that kind of rubbish, hes doing his job properly.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG