The online racing simulator
Drinking across UK & Ireland...
(83 posts, started )
hey look
i'm on a sig

is that good?

anyway... guinness draught for me.

and when i'm out of guinness...
... i go to the store to get more guinness.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Leffe is good stuff. I didn't realise there were different kinds though. I drink the yellow label stuff which is 6.6%. Another excellent aspect is that it comes in 750ml bottles

750ml would be just the right size for a beer can imho! Other than that there is only this Danish one (which is 1000ml = 1l)

So today there's 4 cans left in the fridge: The two John Smith's, The Badger Tangle Foot and that awful 9% Tennent's Super Strong, which will either go directly down the sink, or - which is more likely - I'll keep it in the corner of the fridge until I run into a massive alcohol shortage again some day and chuck it down anyway...

edit: That Tangle Foot is bah!, not convincing at all...

edit: the John Smith's are nice, the 'Extra Smooth' a little better tasting then the 'Original Bitter'...
Quote from Greboth :This man speaks the truth. Though I have found a love for the pear bulmers and blackcurrent - absolutly lush in my opinion.

Don't drink too much of the pear Bulmers...unless you want to be spewing shite all over the walls in the morning
#54 - DeKo
you're a brave man drinking super. Cannae beat a pint of ice cold tennents though.
Quote from rediske :edit: the John Smith's are nice, the 'Extra Smooth' a little better tasting then the 'Original Bitter'...

It's nice enough, but like most mainstream beers, fairly bland, and I get bored after a couple of pints.

Quote from rediske :edit: That Tangle Foot is bah!, not convincing at all...

See now that's nice real ale.
Quote from IlGuercio :You can't enjoy a beer in its can.
It just has another(bad)taste.
Respect its serving temperature and pour it into a dedicated glass

Whilst i'd normally agree with you there, i was in the middle of a crowded field with thousands of tents, and living out of one myself, i enjoyed that straight out of the can...
Quote from niall09 :Don't drink too much of the pear Bulmers...unless you want to be spewing shite all over the walls in the morning

Ah don't worry, I know all about that problem with drinking pear bulmers. Its so yummy though. Have to say recently been drinking WKD Core - its crap compared to proper drinks but its cheap and weirdly tastes like apple tango so I drink it.

Edit: Also cheeky vimtos are good but get drunk too quick on them (Blue wkd, blackcurrent and a double vodka)
Quote from GFresh :Whilst i'd normally agree with you there, i was in the middle of a crowded field with thousands of tents, and living out of one myself, i enjoyed that straight out of the can...

Glass bottles are double duties,high changes of getting yourself stuck into a fight in that crowded field
Im enjoying good beers only lately,i was used to drink cheap beer (and,BTW,not even so often) when i got into a beer thread on a forum which opened me a whole new world.
Now i'm starting to taste the differences between different brands and which food are they better with.
If i had to drink a beer in a can i would have rather had cola,ice-tea or red-bull,being honest.
Quote from niall09 :Guinness, with a hint of blackcurrent mi-wadi... nam nam.

Also, Bulmers

deffo from the country with a love for bulmers

been drinking snake bits alot lately, that and smirnoff ice & vodka
Quote from P1lot :
Caffreys used to be quality but then they changed the recipe to make it weaker and not as strong tasting.

Tell me about it! I have just bought 4 cans from the shop, opened one, took a swig and i was like erm, hello, taste??

When it was in these cans it seemed to taste so much better...

But in these cans its just very watery and bland now, the classic taste is hardly there at all.

I am disappoint.
Quote from theirishnoob :been drinking snake bits alot lately

Lethal combination they are, I basically lived on them when I was on army training during the summer, worked out about €3 for the two cans, get unbelievably plastered on €15, easily, with none of the after-effects either

I wish we had proper beers in the pubs and offies here, I'd love to try one...All we have are the usual Heineken, Carlsberg, etc, they all taste bland after a while
Quote from Bob Smith :It's nice enough, but like most mainstream beers, fairly bland, and I get bored after a couple of pints.

See now that's nice real ale.

Alright, might be better from the tap but from the can I had it was like dishwater...

Anyway, apart from the Super Tennant's I'm through with the sampler! It was a nice experience and I'm shure I'll buy a set again with some extra Caffrey's and some Guinness Bitters. And it would make a nice birthday present for someone who likes beer in general.

Thanks for your replies and tips!

Back to my german first choice 'Andreas Pils' cheers!
Ugh.. Tennant's Super...

It tastes like cat-turds dissolved in petrol.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Ugh.. Tennant's Super...

did you drink cat turds dissolved in petrol?

I dissagree, IMO it tastes like drinking piss through a sock...
Quote from GFresh :I dissagree, IMO it tastes like drinking piss through a sock...

did you drink piss through a sock?
Quote from Luke.S :did you drink piss through a sock?

did you ever try not to be annoying?
The Duvel does not approve of this thread!

also:

Skip the Carling, that is just piss.

Quote from rich uk :yummy yummy SPitfire. my ale of choice.

You should try some Blacksheep and Oakwell (or Acorn, I forget, I found it in a pub in Salford). Bloody lovely stuff.

Not a UK/Ire beer, but its yummy.

Quote from GFresh :I dissagree, IMO it tastes like drinking piss through a sock...

when I read your posts I had to laugh ALL morning at work today, thank you for the images in my head!!!

reminds me of a (german) comedian who rated the taste of a special german beer, he said it would taste like piss that had been farted in... I'm laughing again so much right now...

Drinking across UK & Ireland...
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG