The online racing simulator
Drinking across UK & Ireland...
(83 posts, started )
Can't go wrong with the Boddingtons.

Carling is utter piss. It's just about ok if you're intending to spend the whole night drinking it but it's the least imaginitive beer I've ever had - it's just a measured amount of fizzy alcoholic beverage.

I agree on the Spitfire if you can get it (haha, would it go down well in Germany? ) it's really, really nice.

yummy yummy SPitfire. my ale of choice.

But out of what you have Caffreys is like sex. it's bloody nice, Also surprisingly difficult to find in these here "posh" areas of Southern England.
Quote from rich uk :yummy yummy SPitfire. my ale of choice.

But out of what you have Caffreys is like sex. it's bloody nice, Also surprisingly difficult to find in these here "posh" areas of Southern England.

I agree, it is VERY nice is caffreys.

Word of warning tho, if you decide to drink 6 cans in just under 45 minutes like i did once then you may well vomit, as i did.
:yummy: :ernaehrun :ernaehrun :ernaehrun :ernaehrun :ernaehrun :ernaehrun :sour:
Quote from danthebangerboy :I agree, it is VERY nice is caffreys.

Word of warning tho, if you decide to drink 6 cans in just under 45 minutes like i did once then you may well vomit, as i did.
:yummy: :ernaehrun :ernaehrun :ernaehrun :ernaehrun :ernaehrun :sour:

Been there, done that, except for the vomiting. Eat a lot in advance and you'll be fine :ernaehrun.
Quote from hrtburnout :Been there, done that, except for the vomiting. Eat a lot in advance and you'll be fine :ernaehrun.

That, and don't decide to mix everything with vodka before drinking. Guinness and vodka may well taste fantastic, but you'll regret it later :sour:
A drink a mate of mine bought a while ago was interesting. Half a Guiness and half a blue WKD. The Guiness floats on top of the WKD, so the top half of the pint is black and opaque and the bottom half is blue and transparent.

I can't vouch for how it tastes though.
ok, I just opened a Guinness Bitter!

Also has a widget, very mild, a light smokey finish...
Guinness Bitter ! (Green can)
God I miss that stuff, very easy drinking and makes a great session beer (all night). I can't find any nowadays, I think it's not imported to UK very much, pity.
Caffreys used to be quality but then they changed the recipe to make it weaker and not as strong tasting.
Quote from P1lot :Guinness Bitter ! (Green can)
God I miss that stuff, very easy drinking and makes a great session beer (all night). I can't find any nowadays, I think it's not imported to UK very much, pity.
Caffreys used to be quality but then they changed the recipe to make it weaker and not as strong tasting.

yep, I could imagine drinking the Guinness Bitter all evening as well as the Caffrey's so far...

...about to finish the regular Guinnesss Draught.
Quote from Bob Smith :You've a little while to catch me up:
http://lfs.thefloatingwidget.net/photos/beer!.jpg - when it began
http://bmp.thefloatingwidget.net/photos/Beer%20bottles.JPG - I've way more bottles now but no shelf in my new house to display them all on
http://bmp.thefloatingwidget.n ... 0complete%20-%20front.JPG - how it finished

Finally now you'll understand my domain name.

I knew I read that somewhere before... And I think I saw that throne already on the kartmeeting pics... :up:

Switched to a 'Boddingtons Draught Bitter' in the meantime...

edit: and now that Carling...
You guys should get more Belgian beers

Jupiler
Cristal 1928
Hoegaarden
Palm
Every Belgian beer drives me crazy.
Biere du Bucanier and Chimay FTW
Saturday night at my place, PM for details
Quote from Scrabby :Saturday night at my place, PM for details

I think it's a bit of a long way,don't feel offended if you don't hear me knocking at your door(or ringing your doorbell:razz.
Isn't Leffe Belgian too?I tried the white,red and purple label but it's the last one i prefer among them.
How are the other Chimays like?
Quote from rediske :Maybe interesting for some others (from germany) as well...
I sometimes buy some Marmite or Worcestershire Sauce from that English shop in Cologne.
Now they had this special offer with this 12_cans_of_beer_sampler.
Got them yesterday, put them in the fridge and have just tried the first ones: cheers!

Guinness then the next strongest imho, carling is like tennents which as we all know is dish water.

but beware of the black stuff - drink too much and you'll regret it on the toilet in the morning.
Quote from theirishnoob :Guinness then the next strongest imho, carling is like tennents which as we all know is dish water.

but beware of the black stuff - drink too much and you'll regret it on the toilet in the morning.

This is true, through the eye of a needle i tells ya, and i speak from experience too, not a nice morning at all.
Funnily enough, I've never experienced any negative effects the next morning other than a desire to rip the SD cards out of every camera in the room for fear of what's on them

After Guinness it'll all come back up before the end of the night though, whatever is in it does not agree with me
Guinness, with a hint of blackcurrent mi-wadi... nam nam.

Also, Bulmers
Quote from IlGuercio :Isn't Leffe Belgian too?I tried the white,red and purple label but it's the last one i prefer among them.

Leffe is good stuff. I didn't realise there were different kinds though. I drink the yellow label stuff which is 6.6%. Another excellent aspect is that it comes in 750ml bottles
I had some of this Amsterdam stuff while i was at the LeMans 24hrs, chuffing awesome it was, very strong...
Attached images
12062009080.jpg
Quote from Crashgate3 :Leffe is good stuff. I didn't realise there were different kinds though. I drink the yellow label stuff which is 6.6%. Another excellent aspect is that it comes in 750ml bottles

No 750ml bottles where i use to buy them
Just 333ml and not even in each supermarket i visit.
Try the purple label,it's fantastic.
I got to try the Blue Chimay and the gran reserve...
Quote from GFresh :I had some of this Amsterdam stuff while i was at the LeMans 24hrs, chuffing awesome it was, very strong...

You can't enjoy a beer in its can.
It just has another(bad)taste.
Respect its serving temperature and pour it into a dedicated glass
Quote from niall09 :Guinness, with a hint of blackcurrent mi-wadi... nam nam.

Also, Bulmers

This man speaks the truth. Though I have found a love for the pear bulmers and blackcurrent - absolutly lush in my opinion.

Drinking across UK & Ireland...
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG