The online racing simulator
Drinking across UK & Ireland...
(83 posts, started )
Maybe interesting for some others (from germany) as well...
I sometimes buy some Marmite or Worcestershire Sauce from that English shop in Cologne.
Now they had this special offer with this 12_cans_of_beer_sampler.
Got them yesterday, put them in the fridge and have just tried the first ones: cheers!

I love those sampler packs. It's how I found my beloved Hoegaarden <3

Out of those you posted, only ones I've tried are Carling and (obviously!) Guiness, though I've heard of just about all of them.
yep, those sets are great! I just go to the fridge and randomly pick another one...

btw, just had that Murphy's Draught Irish Stout and it has this co2 capsule inside - interesting!
Wait till you get to the caffreys, pure delight in a can, mmmmmm!! :lovies3d:
#5 - dadge
caffreys rocks. not a full stout but not quite an ale either.
the old speckled hen is good too.
#6 - CSF
Tennents.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Wait till you get to the caffreys, pure delight in a can, mmmmmm!! :lovies3d:

just opened that Caffrey's. Only beer so far (3) that spilled a little when opened...

...but it's a good, very smooth and a very mild beer! could be a little stronger for my taste but it's really nice!

edit: any suggestions for the next one that would go nicely after the Caffrey's ? :drunk:
#8 - dadge
speckled hen. it has a wooden taste. not sure what it will be like from the tin tho.
Quote from dadge :speckled hen. it has a wooden taste. not sure what it will be like from the tin tho.

ok, thanks! I'll chose that one as a last one for today!

edit: liking this one too, very smooth, could have a little more co2 for my taste. For the wooden taste, from the tin, nothing whatsoever...

(to be continued...)
That pack needs Hobgoblin and Spitfire!
There lagers, not beers!

My favourite out of that bunch would be either John Tennents or Carlsberg. Yum.
#12 - Jakg
All rubbish.

Get something proper - i.e. anything endorsed by CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale).

Liking Adnams / Spitfire etc atm, although Hobgoblin etc is also very good
Oh god, when you get to the Tennents (both cans) save yourself the hassle and just pour it down the sink, got tanked when i was young on Tennents and haven't been able to drink it since.

If you are looking for a good Scottish beer, a pint of Belhaven Best is the way to go.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Oh god, when you get to the Tennents (both cans) save yourself the hassle and just pour it down the sink, got tanked when i was young on Tennents and haven't been able to drink it since.

If you are looking for a good Scottish beer, a pint of Belhaven Best is the way to go.

That Tennent's Silver was the first one I tried and it wasn't that bad...

When on holiday once in England though (back in 1997) we tasted some 12% Tennent's Super Strong Lager - which was awful!!!
That pack needs Zwiviec!

Polish beer with a taste. Beats Carling/Carlsberg/Fosters any day. Shame the only bar you can get it in over here is Wetherspoons...
Quote from rediske :btw, just had that Murphy's Draught Irish Stout and it has this co2 capsule inside - interesting!

It's called a widget, you'll find it in the Guinness too No idea what it does or why it's there, but it is What exactly is that green Guinness can? Is it lager? I've never seen one of those before, must be export only
we have that here dougie, i think its a guinness bitter instead of regular guiness, although you cant beat the original black stuff in my book!
Quote from rediske :That Tennent's Silver was the first one I tried and it wasn't that bad...

When on holiday once in England though (back in 1997) we tasted some 12% Tennent's Super Strong Lager - which was awful!!!

It's alright as it's not the crazy strong one (thats the blue one, aka the alkies choice), but it goes by the more common nickname of Pishwatter.
Quote :If you are looking for a good Scottish beer, a pint of Belhaven Best is the way to go.

You are so wrong, Belhaven is just horrid! A good pint of Tennents cannot be beaten, not that Tennents Special blue can stuff or any other of their 'super' lagers. Can you remember when they used to have the good looking girls on the Tennents cans? A bit like page 3.
titty beer. ah, good times.
Quote from AlienT. :You are so wrong, Belhaven is just horrid! A good pint of Tennents cannot be beaten, not that Tennents Special blue can stuff or any other of their 'super' lagers. Can you remember when they used to have the good looking girls on the Tennents cans? A bit like page 3.

Bit before my time but the old man savedsome tins from that era.

Belhaven is the best pint, try and find bottle of the Belhaven St Andrews blend. The best I've had in a while. Tennents is decent if you get it from a god tap, but every single one north of Inverness seems to have been topped up with piss
Jees go to bed you guys ...lol
Quote from AlienT. :...Can you remember when they used to have the good looking girls on the Tennents cans? A bit like page 3.

found one...
Hehe! Well done. Although I did say good looking girls not David Hasselhoff's sister
Quote from dougie-lampkin :It's called a widget, you'll find it in the Guinness too No idea what it does or why it's there, but it is What exactly is that green Guinness can? Is it lager? I've never seen one of those before, must be export only

...on one can it said that it's a 'floating widget' and it seems that some of the cans left have one as well

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget_(beer)

Here's the list from the shop btw:

Guinness Draught - brings the essence of Ireland to your home. One of the worlds most popular beers with its trademark rich dark, creamy flavour.
Guinness Bitter - smooth, even bitter, very nice bouquet. Velvety finish with a slightly smoky taste.
Caffreys - an Irish beer with full flavoured toffee character and distinctive fruity notes.
John Smith Original Bitter - a classic British beer. It's smooth dark texture is perfect to chill after a hectic day.
John Smith Extra Smooth - the extra smooth version is extra frothy and tastes as if it was on tap.
Boddingtons Draught Bitter - this traditional British bitter has been around since 1778. A lovely smooth and creamy beer.
Old Speckled Hen - English Fine Ale with a distinctive rich malty taste bursting with character, fruity aroma and deliciously smooth.
Carling - Carling prides itself in having a well balanced flavor and aroma, offering thirst quenching refreshment with a trademark bite.
Murphys - brewed in the Irish city of Cork since 1856, Murphy's Draught Irish Stout is a smooth, creamy alternative to other stouts.
Badger Tangle Foot - has a strong fruity flavor slightly resembling pineapple.
Tennent's Silver - Made with pride in the Heart of Glasgow, but famous far beyond its home city - for a crisp taste and refreshing clean finish!
Tennent's Super Strong Lager - Tennents - and as a matter of fact our - strongest: Containing 9% Alcohol.

(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG