The online racing simulator
Ministry of Speed
(385 posts, started )
Gongratz, boy o boy another team. Good luck guys, now keep the heads in 1 direction this time
nice name, good luck
07/11/09

Kim Gjerde, the talented 19 year old Norwegian driver has today signed for Ministry of Speed. Kim has been involved in some controversy lately, regarding the test race of the GTAL where Kim raced in a different account. Kim later came forward and admitted it and was then banned from NDR events. As huge of a set back this is, Kim has proven to us that he is fully regretful of his actions and wish he never done it. He has also shown us that he has learned from his mistakes. Kim has IGTC and MoE experience which we will use in our aim for IGTC and MoE next season. Kim is extremley talented, and he is best off in the FZR GT2 car. We felt this was a oppurtunity we couldn't miss out on, and we have been talking to Kim since the incident and we feel he has learned. When Kim was asked about joining Ministry of Speed, he said "this is a great oppurtunity for me and Ministry of Speed. I've been involved in alot of off-track mayhem which I'm trying to forget. People have been caught cheating before and been forgiven, where as I admitted so I'm hoping the community will forgive me in time. I thank Andy and the guys at Ministry of Speed for listening to me and finally recruiting me and I hope to help bring Ministry of Speed to the top!". So guys we ask you to give him a warm welcome, and not to get too caried away or start flaming.

In other news: We have been looking out lately in recruiting some more drivers, and we will be recruiting a couple more in the near future so keep your eye out for us!
We will also be taking part in the Desire of Patience tour. We unfortunatley missed round one due to Jack and Andy both being away on holidays, but now we will be back for round two!..

http://www.ministryofspeed.net

Congrats guys! Despite that incident, Gjerde is a really cool guy
Welcome Gjerde!

Great driver from what I saw at R2R.
Congrats, this is very fast driver you got
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Welcome Gjerde!

Great driver from what I saw at R2R.

Thanks Tommi

Quote from kart-36 :Congrats, this is very fast driver you got

Thanks
I hope that I will improve even more and give all my new team mates a good chance of getting even faster
Congrats Gjerde
Congrats.
Congrats
Oo, gratz
Congrats to both. Gjerde is very good at his best, and has some experience which will be important for MoS. Good work.
Grats guys, you have gotten yourself a great racer there.
Gratz guys, he was sorry about, came clean with it so move on.
Great sign up
Thanks all for positive feedback, will only benefit us!
I wont be very active till december due to beeing in england on the missus'es computer , with no wheel or lfs :P
Quote from jwardy :I wont be very active till december due to beeing in england on the missus'es computer , with no wheel or lfs :P

Well considering it's only three weeks away, I think we can survive xD
Grats guys, seems like you're doing fairly nice now
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Grats guys, seems like you're doing fairly nice now

Not doing nice! I broke my wheel just few mins ago and you will not see me in game for few days or even weeks. Maybe it's good for you but bad for me!
Just when I got my skills back, aRGH! I hate my virtual life
Oh, so that is why you are "Online at: [url="lfs://%7CReady2Roll+TBO+Racing%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]Ready2Roll TBO Racing[/url]"? So, your wheel broke, you say...
Quote from andRo. :Oh, so that is why you are "Online at: [url="lfs://%7CReady2Roll+TBO+Racing%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]Ready2Roll TBO Racing[/url]"? So, your wheel broke, you say...

I was trying to race with mouse and didn't do well.. rammed one off the track
Quote from andRo. :Oh, so that is why you are "Online at: [url="lfs://%7CReady2Roll+TBO+Racing%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]Ready2Roll TBO Racing[/url]"? So, your wheel broke, you say...

Its not like he needs a wheel to be chilling on a server.

Congrats guys your going strong.
That was a joke, guys. I know he wasn't racing, I met him in the server. You guys take everything too serious...peace, good luck with the team.
Merci
Ministry of Speed step closer to victory & also expand!

Today, 26th of November has been a very good day to go down in Ministry of Speeds short history. After missing round one of the "Desire of Patience Tour", we were immediately on the back foot. After an unfortunate working shift in real life for Kim Gjerde, we suffered another set-back with Kim not taking part. After three weeks of hard thorough practice we felt ready for the challenge proposed to us, with the FZR and Blackwood GP Reversed. We were however dissapointed with our quallifying session, which saw us start in seventh place.
Ministry of Speed were to be represented by Andy O'Brien and Ronn Schlieker, who had been on trial with us for the past three weks. Ronn was previously a member of The Danish Racing Team(TDRT) and Racing Minds previous to that.
Andy started out the race from seventh on the grid and had a superb first lap with some very risky maneuvers paying off to see Andy lie in fourth place. An incident ahead seen n!faculty come into some difficulty and loose a few seconds and Andy took full advantage of this moving into the final podium position. Andy didn't have it all his own though, as he came through the fast sweeping right hand first corner, to meet an XFR reversing towards him in the middle of the track. Contact was not avoidable and the time loss was about ten seconds.
Andy pushed and pushed and was later rewarded with his efforts to take the lead in the later part of his stint. With a reasonable amount of fuel left, we taught we were well placed in the lead, until Alternative.AXLE3D had a huge amount of fuel and were able to push for the lead during the pitstops.
Ronn took over lying in second place, ten seconds behind the leaders, with just a five second advantage over Conquest Racing and n!faculty. Ronn drove a supreme final stint, rewarded with a new PB, and second place on the podium for Ministry of Speed. We are delighted with this result and we are all looking forward to Kyoto and the full twelve hours of it!

Ministry of Speed
(385 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG