The online racing simulator
Lynce... i NEED those reflections
Quote from Lynce :Correct.

Really no.

If it's possible to do it using alpha layer (transparency), I can tell you how to use alpha layers on interior texutres (in PM's, of course)
Quote from Shadowww :If it's possible to do it using alpha layer (transparency), I can tell you how to use alpha layers on interior texutres (in PM's, of course)

I'm sure Lynce knows about alpha layers, and I know that they will have no effect on the issue in this case.
Quote from MAGGOT :I'm sure Lynce knows about alpha layers, and I know that they will have no effect on the issue in this case.

They will, and without a little trick alpha layer can't be used on interior texture.
Not quite sure what you mean, I had no trouble at all with the alpha channel on FZ_Interior1.dds, works exactly as expected

E: Attached a quicky, looks better than the unmasked one though. Preview pic is with lights and indicators on.

E2: Obviously theres a lot to improve, some gradients in the alpha channel could make it seem as if there was actual light and the background could be matched to the surrounding geometry, if carefully tweaked.
Attached images
alphaMaskedFZLights.jpg
Attached files
FZ_Interior1.rar - 1.5 MB - 341 views
Quote from morpha :Not quite sure what you mean, I had no trouble at all with the alpha channel on FZ_Interior1.dds, works exactly as expected

For all textures that aren't ending in "ALPHA", alpha channel is replaced by black channel. Just take a closer look (if you still can't see, adjust contrast on your monitor).
Quote from Shadowww :For all textures that aren't ending in "ALPHA", alpha channel is replaced by black channel. Just take a closer look (if you still can't see, adjust contrast on your monitor).

Okay I see what you mean, it's converted to a 1 bit alpha even if it's really an explicit or interpolated 8 bit alpha. Makes gradients impossible but is entirely sufficient to mask the parts of the lights that shouldn't be "illuminated".
Quote from MAGGOT :I'm sure Lynce knows about alpha layers, and I know that they will have no effect on the issue in this case.

+1. I done tests over this posibility.... but....

Quote from morpha :Not quite sure what you mean, I had no trouble at all with the alpha channel on FZ_Interior1.dds, works exactly as expected

E: Attached a quicky, looks better than the unmasked one though. Preview pic is with lights and indicators on.

E2: Obviously theres a lot to improve, some gradients in the alpha channel could make it seem as if there was actual light and the background could be matched to the surrounding geometry, if carefully tweaked.

...But... it's just lights on the black background. Similar or near to "cut and paste". There's not 3D elements inside of the lights. Obviously, this is just my opinion.

Anyway, thank you by this experiment.

When i'll go to improve this addon, I talk with you (and you, Shadow).

Thank you shadow, as always.

Glad to read the comments in this thread.

Another pic today:

Bigger on RP's Blog.
are you portugese?
Lynce mate keep up the awesome job!!
Any chance I can get the background pics?
Wow, nice job!

Will they work on 16:10 (e.g. 1680x1050)?
Quote from chavm481 :are you portugese?

Sometimes.

On my avatar if you see:

"Location: POR/ESP/FRA".

Portugal by my mother, Spain by my father and France, because I was born yonder/there. Concretely in Lyon. The world is too small, I think.

So, sometimes I'm portuguese.

Quote from iMCk. :Lynce mate keep up the awesome job!!
Any chance I can get the background pics?

Yes, you can.

From RP April 7th. Unfinished addon:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G2JQWK2X

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1125255#post1125255

In the end of that post you can see the helper users links for more addons to donwload.

Quote from Shadowww :Wow, nice job!

Will they work on 16:10 (e.g. 1680x1050)?

Sorry, mate. My full resolution is 1280 x 1024.

When I'll go to complete that addon, i'll make PSD files for users to adapt on his resolution. I can't work to all resolutions.

Another pic today. Comparative of FXO Turbo Mugen RR interiors and Gearbox from RP August 28th:

Bigger on RP's Blog.
Last one today:

Bigger on RP's Blog.
thanks for the explanation :P,
anyways... those refections...
Hey Lynce,

I see you have been doing some work again on reflection and textures.
Have you altered the shine in the cfg or is this standard settings?.
I ask because in the first pack it was amazing but overshiny, i had to set the shine at a lower setting.

I see some amazing work, texture are awesome. I wonder why teh devs dont came up with such high res texture. Makes me wonder. However well done Lynce, trully amazing as usual.
Quote from niels1 :

As i've understood they're postproduction.
Quote from JazzOn :As i've understood they're postproduction.

The reflections themselves are ingame, they're environment maps containing parts of South City's scenery instead of just the sky. Normally this is done dynamically to reflect, quite literally, the scenery that really surrounds you wherever you are, but LFS uses one static texture instead.
Quote from niels1 :Hey Lynce,

I ask because in the first pack it was amazing but overshiny, i had to set the shine at a lower setting.

1.00 as a standard shine in the cfg file.

Quote from niels1 :I see some amazing work, texture are awesome. I wonder why teh devs dont came up with such high res texture. Makes me wonder. However well done Lynce, trully amazing as usual.

Well, the devs don't looking a high size for his Live for Speed game. I think.

In second place, I think, the texturer, works fast and he use spot colours.

In this case, what I do is the 3D effect for the bodywork and apply my knowledge over illuminations in that texture.

The 3D effect is not applied in the original texture.

Watch it:

http://revolutionpack.wordpres ... -from-2009-november-17th/

The current movie has been suspended because I'm working on two sites and flash magazine. Even I'm working on a little addon for this christmas.
Quote from niels1 :

To finish your Shine sentence: And if you turn the shine down, the cars become darker. I am driving with a 0.50 shine, and i now like the shine, but the cars are too dark now. Bright colors aren't superbright anymore.

And indeed: We all love your work! Keep it up!
Quote from dutchshogun :
And indeed: We all love your work! Keep it up!

Thank you.

Last comparative pic.

Bigger on RP's Blog.

Thanks to all.
Quote from morpha :The reflections themselves are ingame, they're environment maps containing parts of South City's scenery instead of just the sky. Normally this is done dynamically to reflect, quite literally, the scenery that really surrounds you wherever you are, but LFS uses one static texture instead.

ah right.. well thought it looked too good to be ingame. Awesome then.. looking forward to the update.
Keep it up Lynce, u are doing outstanding job so far man... I hope we get some present for Christmas.
Quote from MonStarr :I hope we get some present for Christmas.

Just a little gift for the community. Nothing special.

Working on this:

FULL on RP's BLog. 1280 x 850 based on 72 pixels / inch (Not recomended for print).

Using flash technology to make a "real" VLR / LFS magazine on internet.
perfect nice work

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG