The online racing simulator
We did quite well, 300 posts before Godwins Law

I can't really disagree with you though.
LOL! I'm trying to decide, now, if I did actually hit Godwin's law head on. I don't think I did by Mike Godwin's own definition. If I'd called someone else, who was involved in this thread, a Nazi, that woulda been me busted.
Quote from SamH :LOL! I'm trying to decide, now, if I did actually hit Godwin's law head on. I don't think I did by Mike Godwin's own definition. If I'd called someone else, who was involved in this thread, a Nazi, that woulda been me busted.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76621 Mosley really is a dictator. People are afraid to run against him.
ROFL! I particularly like the bit where he says..
Quote :I would think twice before running against him, because I don't want to take any risks that may damage Spanish motorsport. Above all, I'm the president of the Spanish Federation and I have to defend Spanish sport.

hehehe! Considering his comments are supposed to be an endorsement of Mosley, that pretty much sums up the truth behind the posturing!
He also said: "Unless Max has gone even more mad I don't think he'll back Jean Todt because we all know where he comes from and who he's linked to."

Enough Proof of a disagreement?
If I were Mosely I'd rather stand down now and make a relatively quiet exit than try and hang on and end up getting ousted embarrasingly in some kind of coup, lets face it, that kind of thing will happen eventually if he keeps upsetting people.
Quote from 5haz :If I were Mosely I'd rather stand down now and make a relatively quiet exit than try and hang on and end up getting ousted embarrasingly in some kind of coup, lets face it, that kind of thing will happen eventually if he keeps upsetting people.

Ahhh BUT.. if you were Mosley, then Mosley wouldn't be Mosley and this whole stupid situation would never have arisen in the first instance.

Right at the core of this whole mess is the fact that Mosley is who Mosley is, and does what Mosley does. But it's a multi-faceted thing. Mosley's been at the head of the FIA for 16 years or more (18? Maybe..) and in that time, being the character that he is, he's inevitably filled the entire rank and file of the FIA with "yes-men".. people who owe their jobs to the fact that they do what Mosley says, when he says, simply because he says so. This is what people like Mosley make sure of.. and it's exactly why Mosley insists that the FIA "must be led by a strong president". You can infer directly from Mosley that the FIA would be lost without a dictator. And let's face it, who would know better about that than Mosley?

Mosley keeps hinting at the historic relationships and arrangements of bias and preference that the FIA have made with a certain team that he (usually) doesn't name, though we know because he did blurt about their arrangement with Ferrari in an early attempt to break up the FOTA. Luca had beaten Mosley to that punch, though, and had come completely clean about the FIA/Ferrari arrangement to the other FOTA members first.

What I perceive, with the FOTA, is a rejection by Ferrari of their old ways of bias and bribery that the FIA fully allowed and participated in. Credit where credit is due, it WAS a lucrative and beneficial arrangement for Ferrari during the entire duration of the last Concorde Agreement, and to reject the notion of perpetuating it in the spirit of co-operation and sporting conduct really is, to me, a big deal.

Here's the issue, though: Ferrari have changed. Luca di Montezemelo has had some kind of epiphany.. (the evil) Jean Todt - proponent of the FIA/Ferrari deal - is gone and Ferrari have come over to "the light side".

But the FIA, by Mosley's OWN admission, CAN be bribed.. HAVE been bribed in the past.. and has had NO epiphany at all. The very sporting body that is SUPPOSED to be above all that stuff, has admitted to being rotten to the core.. to being bought, in exchange for governance over the sport.

If Mosley won't go, the FIA can't change.. and even if he DOES go, Mosley's "yes-men" staff (the FIA Senate, the WMSC et al) will remain. The question is, how CAN FOTA purge the sport by any other method than rejecting governance by the FIA? The ONLY way forward is to take back control of the sport itself.

Teams to launch Breakaway series
(307 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG