The online racing simulator
Quote from Danke :So the cap is not in effect in 2010, but "regulations agreed prior to 29 April 2009" are? Off the top of my head, that means:
- KERS is mandatory
- no refueling
- the "standard engine" rules are in effect
- no tire warmers

Right? Just trying to picture the F1 landscape for next year in my head.

I remember someone from FOTA said in Autosport recently that the teams have voluntary agreement not to use KERS in 2010. Whatever that means.
Quote from deggis :I remember someone from FOTA said in Autosport recently that the teams have voluntary agreement not to use KERS in 2010. Whatever that means.

Kicking Williams out of FOTA might come back to haunt them then !
It's a bit of a shame really, but perhaps a breakaway right now would be far too much hassle what with all the contractural issues.

I can only hope that things will be decided very much in FOTA's favour, and that Max and Bernie have realised that the teams will not be pushed too far and will not meddle so much in the future.

But as long as we have Bernie and FOM involved we still have the problem of good tracks being replaced by rubbish tracks.
I'm gathering that the FIA is going to pass control of technical regulations to FOTA, and just retain sporting regulatory control. How that gets divided up I'm not sure, but I think it will mean that the teams will have greater control over the direction that the sport goes. Financial control too, where they'll be able to agree on ways to uniformly reduce costs across teams without compromising the status of the sport. We'll have to see what happens next.
Fota > fia
Jeez dude....

You really do suck at checking other threads about this topic first to see if you're not making a thread with news we already know about.
Yeah, the big thread on this very topic ought to be a bit of a hint...
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
[threads merged]
IMO a breakaway series is still a threat

Why? Because the FIA most likely won't let FOTA do whatever they want with the regs, for instance if FOTA went and said 'Oh let's get rid of KERS, downforce, let's ban pitstops', the FIA'd most likely step in.

That'd provide motive for a breakaway series
Quote from DieKolkrabe :IMO a breakaway series is still a threat

Why? Because the FIA most likely won't let FOTA do whatever they want with the regs, for instance if FOTA went and said 'Oh let's get rid of KERS, downforce, let's ban pitstops', the FIA'd most likely step in.

That'd provide motive for a breakaway series

That depends on how much power the teams get, indeed. They want total and full control, but couldn't get it this time without either looking like complete arseholes, or starting their own series and look like arseholes.

They won the 'max' war... He's out in 2010. All they have to worry about now is who will replace him. I actually hope it's a bigger ass than max ever was. FOTA deserves that for staging this mutiny. In the old days you'd get marooned. These days you get what you want.

The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers. I'll be rooting for the new guys and Williams next year.

Having said that. Part 2 of FOTA's plan is to get rid of Bernie, so I'm looking for some controversy in that direction. I fully expect Bernie to become involved in some really juicy scandal and the teams demanding his retirement next.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from deggis :Sooner or later nature will take of the problem called Bernie.

I think Bernie's motto may be "Only the good die young, so why not be a bastard?"

The man will probrably live for 200 years just to annoy us.
Quote from 5haz :I think Bernie's motto may be "Only the good die young, so why not be a bastard?"

The man will probrably live for 200 years just to annoy us.

Actually he'll just get his head put in a jar like in Futurama and eventually become ruler of planet earth......
FIA/FOTA compromise ends breakaway threat and FOTA wins the F1 war
Quote from chanoman315 :fia/fota compromise ends breakaway threat and fota wins the f1 war

no shit sherlock!!!
EDIT: My post belongs on the previous page ><
Max has said he won't run for president as long as "the teams behave". Now, just what does that mean? What is the criteria for not behaving?
Quote from samjh :Max has said he won't run for president as long as "the teams behave". Now, just what does that mean? What is the criteria for not behaving?

You REALLY don't trust Max, do you? I wonder why...

I don't trust him as far as I could throw a fit. He's not what you'd call a model of integrity.
If Bernie and Max would leave, I have a feeling that F1 and the FIA in general would suddenly become much more popular.

Besides, IMO, F1's been a bit boring for the last 10 years for the most part. Stuff like touring car racing is just so much closer and exciting.
Quote from samjh :Max has said he won't run for president as long as "the teams behave". Now, just what does that mean? What is the criteria for not behaving?

And teams say they will not think about breakaway series as long as Max "behaves"?

Quote from speed1 :If Bernie and Max would leave, I have a feeling that F1 and the FIA in general would suddenly become much more popular.

Besides, IMO, F1's been a bit boring for the last 10 years for the most part. Stuff like touring car racing is just so much closer and exciting.

Racing being boring has little to do with Max/Bernie. And the average viewer barely knows who the hell they are anyway.
So basically Max goes and the teams can gather the toys and put them all back in a pram now, they threw the temper tantrum and got what they wanted in the end. Wasn’t it the case that Max was planning to step down at the end of his reign anyway?
Quote from speed1 :If Bernie and Max would leave, I have a feeling that F1 and the FIA in general would suddenly become much more popular.

Max can leave, bernie wouldn't he owns it, so really i can't see it happen untill he dies(which shouldn't be long).

Teams to launch Breakaway series
(307 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG