The online racing simulator
Quote from 5haz :I hope the new series is not fully FIA regulated, similar to the ACO and Le Mans.

Already starts to sound like that:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76417

Despite the stand-off between teams and the FIA, Brawn confirmed that ironically motor racing's governing body would likely be the regulator of the new series.

"You would need a regulatory body," he said. "In fact ironically I think the agreement with the European Commission is that the FIA have to offer to do that to any competitive series that wants to set up, so the FIA have to offer to be at least the regulatory body.

"They may not be the body that sets the rules, they can be determined by some other mechanism. But if you want, the FIA can run the series for you. They can provide the stewards, the scruntineers and things of that nature. So that's available if FOTA wanted to take it up."
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Yeah true, if Briatore was made head of F1, it would be draconian, teams would be getting banned for 200 years for being better than Renault.

As long as the FIA keep out of the technical regs and stick to safety regs then theres no problem with FOTA having the FIA back their series.
Thats superb!

Gotta love these Hitler videos
Has anyone posted the new FOTA calendar according to (german illepall) rumours:

7. 3. Argentina, Buenos Aires
21. 3. Mexiko, Mexico City :wtf2:
11. 4. Spain, Jerez de la Frontera
25. 4. Portugal, Portimao (Algarve)
2. 5. San Marino, Imola
23. 5. Monaco, Monte Carlo
6. 6. Canada, Montreal
13. 6. USA, Indianapolis
11. 7. UK, Silverstone
25. 7. France, Magny Cours
15. 8. Germany, Lausitzring (Eurospeedway) :wtf2:
29. 8. Finland, Helsinki illepall
12. 9. Italy, Monza
26. 9. Emirates, Abu Dhabi
10. 10. Singapore
24. 10. Japan, Suzuka
7. 11. Australia, Adelaide

Reserve: Surfers Paradise, Australia
Some good guesses there but I don't think they're entirely right. Besides, I suspect the teams themselves haven't got that far.

Regarding FIA preventing FIA marshals marshalling FOTA events, that would be a direct breach of the agreement that they have with the European Commission. In order to be allowed to govern ALL motorsports, they're bound by the Commission's ruling to do exactly that, personalities etc aside.

Although Mosley is making noises about FOTA breaking anti-competition laws, I don't think Mosley's on the same page as the rest of the world as far as monopolies and anti-trust legislation is concerned.
Quote from hyntty :Has anyone posted the new FOTA calendar according to (german illepall) rumours:

7. 3. Argentina, Buenos Aires
21. 3. Mexiko, Mexico City :wtf2:
11. 4. Spain, Jerez de la Frontera
25. 4. Portugal, Portimao (Algarve)
2. 5. San Marino, Imola
23. 5. Monaco, Monte Carlo
6. 6. Canada, Montreal
13. 6. USA, Indianapolis
11. 7. UK, Silverstone
25. 7. France, Magny Cours
15. 8. Germany, Lausitzring (Eurospeedway) :wtf2:
29. 8. Finland, Helsinki illepall
12. 9. Italy, Monza
26. 9. Emirates, Abu Dhabi
10. 10. Singapore
24. 10. Japan, Suzuka
7. 11. Australia, Adelaide

Reserve: Surfers Paradise, Australia

It is from here: http://translate.google.com/tr ... tl=en&history_state0=

Some fan made that list and managed to convince some stupid journos?
It's a little curious going in and out of Europe like that. Mexico City has hosted F1 in the past btw, the facility isnt up to Bernie's current liking but the track probably isn't too bad in that sense as it was used in modern times.

Unfortunately it's a crap track, 1 long straight and a series of unending corners with no pasing opportunities, a bit like Hungaroring but without the straights. (yes I did just say that)

Finland suprises me though, I didnt think they had any circuit facilities up to international event standard since the 60's when they had a F2 race. Am I just unaware? (sorry guys if I am).

Finland strikes me as deserving of a race though, they have had enough world champions.
Quote from Becky Rose :Finland suprises me though, I didnt think they had any circuit facilities up to international event standard since the 60's when they had a F2 race. Am I just unaware? (sorry guys if I am).

You mean Keimola. Abandoned in 1978.

There are couple of circuits but all FIA Grade 2 (or whatever) so absolutely out of the question.

And that (hoax) list says Helsinki. I guess it means a street track. There hasn't been event since DTM and FIA GT races in 199?-1997. That area used then is no longer suitable for a street track, according to people who couple of years ago planned reviving it for WTCC or some other series.

Quote :Finland strikes me as deserving of a race though, they have had enough world champions.

But lacks track, proper place for a track (can't be in the middle of a forest), money, spectators (small country) and everything else needed...
Quote from deggis :You mean Keimola. Abandoned in 1978.

No, she means Ahvenisto.

The Finns are too busy rallying to worry about paved tracks.

Gotland Ring in Sweden is the most promising candidate for the Scandinavian region. See an rFactor lap.
Quote from samjh :No, she means Ahvenisto.

Maybe. Keimola hosted F2 races too, and later Interserie. I think she still meant Keimola because it is more well known.

Quote :Gotland Ring in Sweden is the most promising candidate for the Scandinavian region. See an rFactor lap.

It is impressive and there plans to make it a lot more impressive (including expanding the length to total 28 km :wtf2 but for now it is mostly a test track. (And talking about Finnish tracks, the designer and owner is a Finn. )
Dunno about Gotland, but if Mexigo gets one, then what would be wrong with Anderstorp?
Quote from Becky Rose :It's a little curious going in and out of Europe like that. Mexico City has hosted F1 in the past btw, the facility isnt up to Bernie's current liking but the track probably isn't too bad in that sense as it was used in modern times.

Unfortunately it's a crap track, 1 long straight and a series of unending corners with no pasing opportunities, a bit like Hungaroring but without the straights. (yes I did just say that)

Finland suprises me though, I didnt think they had any circuit facilities up to international event standard since the 60's when they had a F2 race. Am I just unaware? (sorry guys if I am).

Finland strikes me as deserving of a race though, they have had enough world champions.

There are 2 long straights and they are right after each other, the Track imo is Similar to Monza
Im sorry but if there was any Scandinavian GP It could only be in Finland regardless of the tracks they have(they will probably have to update) Finland can definetely pull the crowds.
Quote from Mustafur :There are 2 long straights and they are right after each other, the Track imo is Similar to Monza

you might call the second straight long I suppose...

Whilst in shape it might look a little like Monza, in character it is very different
http://www.f1technical.net/new ... 1dbab38456eaf76c03bda2b35

Quote :It appears that FIA President Max Mosley finally understands that the breakaway teams are serious. The Briton said on Sunday that the FIA will not proceed with legal actions against the FOTA and that he is open to talks with the rebel teams.

We knew Max would bottle it didnt we?

This is the point where I hope the FOTA teams turn round and tell him to spin on it. He caused the breakaway by being unwilling to compromise, and now he's begging for a second chance, how can the man have any credibility anymore?

Hopefully if the breakaway is succsessful it will undermine the power of the FIA and it will be eventually replaced with an organisation that dosen't want every team running the same engine in every international series.
What's happened is that Max has realised he doesn't have a legal case against the FOTA teams breaking away. He is on record as stating very clearly that, IF Ferrari and the other FOTA teams want to form a breakaway series, they CAN do. That's as good as ripping up the contract and throwing it away. Okay maybe not quite, but it is tantamount to entrapment if he then pursues the teams in the courts.

FOTA only need point out that they have the blessing of the FIA president, autocrat-extraordinaire, in setting up the breakaway series and the case collapses in on itself. The fact that Max refers to FOTA members as loonies wouldn't bode well in court either, nor would the fact that he's been completely intransigent in his methods for a long time now, proposing things that can easily be seen to undermine the very business viability of Ferrari and McLaren etc as well as the viability of the sport as a whole. Most of the problems faced by F1 in recent years can be traced directly back to the FIA.

Support for a FOTA series is massive in the ranks of F1 fans. I'd go as far as to say it's emphatic. I can't find a poll anywhere on the internet where support for FOTA drops below about 85% over the FIA.

Everybody's sick to death of Mosley and the FIA. From anti-McLaren conspiracy theories to pro-Ferrari conspiracy theories (since admitted by the FIA in an attempt to divide and conquer the FOTA - failed - but also now very clearly past-tense) there is support for FOTA breaking away.

This seems to me to be both because of the prospect of returning F1 (or whatever it shall be called) to the status of "pinnacle of motorsports" and ALSO for what it represents to FIA - i.e. "balls to the FIA".

Max has talked about saving money in motorsports. On the face of it, it sounds reasonable. The difference is that FOTA are more interested in saving JOBS. And as far as the public is concerned, in this economic climate, we'd rather save jobs than fill his pockets with money. FOTA represents us all.

The FIA has lost the public, on mass. It may as well rename itself from FIA to FUA (FU All). You can't govern motorsports without a mandate, and the FIA has blown its mandate, all by Max's hand.
Quote from Mustafur :Im sorry but if there was any Scandinavian GP It could only be in Finland regardless of the tracks they have(they will probably have to update) Finland can definetely pull the crowds.

They defenitely deserve a GP. A not so serieous suggestion would be to choose one of the 1000 frozen lakes in the winter. Studded iceracing tyres would look sweet on an F1. (and rip limbs from uncareful pit crew)
Quote from samjh :Gotland Ring in Sweden is the most promising candidate for the Scandinavian region. See an rFactor lap.

damn im looking forward to Gotland

the Grand Prix version is excactly same length as Spa, and some corners look awesome so far

somehow reminds me of Aston also with lots of different configurations etc, 3pitlanes..
and its on an island lol, which is pretty cool too

if it had a bit more elevation, this would probably be my next favourite track

Quote :
• Green Business Incubator and Technology park (2009)
• Circuit expansion: the 4.2 km Southern Loop, multipurpose race & test circuit – total of 7.4 km (2009-2010)
• Life Style Eco Villas and Cabins (2009-2010)
• Eco Design Hotel (2010)
• Conference & Convention Centre (2010)
• Installation of FIA-barriers on the 3.2 km Northern Loop (completed)
• Safety & Eco Driving Centre (completed)
• Off-road tracks and trails (completed)
• Rally special stages, gravel road network (completed)
• Enduro tracks and trails (completed)
• Multipurpose Race & Test Circuit network expansion, total of 28 km with six (6) major separate circuits that can be utilised simultaneously (2012-2015)
• Windpower Park expansion (2012)
• Aqua Adventure Park (2014)
• Jack Nicklaus designed signature golf course (2012)
• Airfield for ecological new technology sports planes (2014)
• Theme Hotel (2015)
• Family Theme Park – Gotland Ring Speed World (2015)

heres the full 28km layout which will be the longest racetrack in the world
(Grand Prix is the small part top left :o)
This > Nordschleife
Quote from Fastwalker :info

Oh my......

If that thing turns out as planned, than Nordshleife is in for a big run. Because at the moment it looks amazing
But that is modern track. Not quite like Nordschleife what comes to character.

It is build on old mining area or something and they've bought plenty of property for future expansions.

Like Fastwalker said, Gotland is actually an island. Transportation problems? Also it has only population of under 60 000, could be some issues with accommodation capacities... altough I read a story from a magazine some time ago and the owner had a solution for that: they could keep a cruise ship docked in the port.
Sounds like they're trying to develop the place into a tourist area. Add some luxury hotels, a marina, etc., and they're well on their way.

I agree with Deggis about the Nordschleife: it has a unique character. I don't think any modern track can match it.
Quote from samjh :Sounds like they're trying to develop the place into a tourist area. Add some luxury hotels, a marina, etc., and they're well on their way.

I agree with Deggis about the Nordschleife: it has a unique character. I don't think any modern track can match it.

Isle of Man TT circuit Makes the Nordschleife look thoroughly modern and safe!
Well, IOM TT is more of a circular rally stage than a closed circuit. You might as well have picked Pikes Peak!

Teams to launch Breakaway series
(307 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG