The online racing simulator
My brother bought a house for £800K before the recent housing slump. He just sold it, mid-slump, for £1.2M. The housing market always rises. Only an idiot thinks it doesn't.
Quote from tristancliffe :The housing market does always rise. Look back in history and it's ALWAYS an upward trend.

That upward trend isn't that large however. Inflation adjusted the USA's house prices stayed pretty much the same from 1970 to 2000 until we started this current boom.

Quote from SamH :My brother bought a house for £800K before the recent housing slump. He just sold it, mid-slump, for £1.2M. The housing market always rises. Only an idiot thinks it doesn't.

Only a complete idiot takes ONE example and take that's as gospel ignoring the bigger picture.
Quote from Intrepid :Only a complete idiot takes ONE example and take that's as gospel ignoring the bigger picture.

And only an imbecile assumes that someone else is only looking at one example, simply because he only GAVE one example.
Interesting direction for this topic to take, considering Bernie's house has been on the market for over a year now.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/pro ... 1462&minPrice=3000000

errr hang on, why's that not working ??

http://media.rightmove.co.uk/3 ... GUC050094_DOC_00_0009.pdf
or
http://www.savills.co.uk/resid ... 17/3691556_0_Brochure.pdf

They work, for some reason, but the other link doesn't, i know not why ?

I'd be fascinated to know how much Bernie bought it for, and how much he's spent on it over the years.
Quote :World Motor Sport Council
24/06/2009

The World Motor Sport Council met in Paris on 24 June 2009. The following decisions were taken:

FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

All currently competing teams have committed to the FIA Formula One World Championship.

There will be no alternative series or championship and the rules for 2010 onwards will be the 2009 regulations as well as further regulations agreed prior to 29 April 2009.

As part of this agreement, the teams will, within two years, reduce the costs of competing in the championship to the level of the early 1990s. The manufacturer teams have agreed to assist the new entries for 2010 by providing technical assistance.

The manufacturer teams have further agreed to the permanent and continuing role of the FIA as the sport’s governing body. They have also committed to the commercial arrangements for the FIA Formula One World Championship until 2012 and have agreed to renegotiate and extend this contract before the end of that period.

All teams will adhere to an upgraded version of the governance provisions of the 1998 Concorde Agreement.

The following teams have been accepted for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship.

SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO
VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES
BMW SAUBER F1 TEAM
RENAULT F1 TEAM
PANASONIC TOYOTA RACING
SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO
RED BULL RACING
AT&T WILLIAMS
FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM
BRAWN GP FORMULA ONE TEAM
CAMPOS META TEAM
MANOR GRAND PRIX
TEAM US F1

In view of this new agreement and with the prospect of a stable future for Formula One, FIA President Max Mosley has confirmed his decision not to stand for re-election in October this year.

I see an upward trend in your example
Quote from tristancliffe :I see an upward trend in your example

I stated a small upward trend but nothing to write home about. Also we haven't finished this dip yet so we never know where we might end up!
Apart from the fact that you're using the US housing market to argue the UK housing market, you're still proven WRONG, Alan. It is an UPWARD trend, proven.

Here's the UK graph, ALSO adjusted for inflation. You will definitely note a SIGNIFICANT upward trend over time.

If you can't (and I rather expect that you REALLY can't) recognise that you've been entirely incorrect, Alan, then you'll just confirm everything I've come to believe about you.
Attached images
real-house-prices.JPG
Balls, we still have to put up with that grasping c*nt known as Bernie. How about someone forces him to cut some of his bloody costs.
Quote from SamH :

403 Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /graphics/real-house-prices.JPG on this server.

403 ?? my internets are acting really weird at the mo
Fixified.. it was wrong of me to image leech
Quote from deggis :http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76498

The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) will officially call off its plans for a rival championship tomorrow

They'll make the announcement tomorrow !

Come on lads, we've still got 24hrs to get them to change their minds...anyone got Luca di Montezemolo's phone number ? Alan ?
Quote from SamH :Apart from the fact that you're using the US housing market to argue the UK housing market, you're still proven WRONG, Alan. It is an UPWARD trend, proven.

Here's the UK graph, ALSO adjusted for inflation. You will definitely note a SIGNIFICANT upward trend over time.

If you can't (and I rather expect that you REALLY can't) recognise that you've been entirely incorrect, Alan, then you'll just confirm everything I've come to believe about you.

Have a look a this graph then

I believe the UK followed a similar trend (you better hope not Sam!)

Notice that inflation adjusted just before 1900 houses prices where higher in than just before our current boom! And then look at that drop into the depression. You better hope to god we are not in for the same SamH and have a massive correction! I am sure if we look back even further house prices haven' changed all that much.

now I do believe that is called OWNAGE. Actually Dutch history shows house prices have stayed flat since around 1650 inflation adjusted!
When exactly did this thread turn into a debate on housing prices?
Quote from Jertje :When exactly did this thread turn into a debate on housing prices?

Was about to ask the same thing
Quote from DevilDare :Was about to ask the same thing

Yh lets get back onto F1 I think I won the battle of the graphs
A recession is when your neighbour looses their job, a depression is when you loose your own job.

Neither of these scenarios particularly relate to the current economic climate which mostly only effects investors.

As a citizen I am effected in two scenarios: If I loose my job (by an investor pulling out); if my tax money is used to prop up a bad investor (ie: a bank) - with the latter being barely noticeable.

If I was to have some money at the moment and I was looking for where to put it, I would become an investor (and further, one the government would be unlikely to prop up if I got it wrong). As I live hand to mouth I really don't give a shit about the economic climate.

Therefore, shut the foxtrot up about house prices in an F1 thread.

Can we just celebrate that Mosley is going? And bury our head in the sands as to how he'll still be around in some capacity or other and still stick his oar in and be a generally annoying git with a swasticka on his arm?
Quote from Becky Rose :

Can we just celebrate that Mosley is going? And bury our head in the sands as to how he'll still be around in some capacity or other and still stick his oar in and be a generally annoying git with a swasticka on his arm?

Hey ho the witch is dead...

Quote from Becky Rose :

Actually there is a debate that needs to be had about Max because the FIA is a much bigger organisation than just F1 itself. What I do hope is this idea of one engine for all classes is put away forever! I just don't work!
Makes you wonder how so many people make money out of property then, doesn't it.

I don't think you can claim "victory of the graphs" by the way.

Quote from Intrepid :I just don't work!

Ha ha!
Anyone with a clue what 2010 calendar will be?
Quote from tristancliffe :Makes you wonder how so many people make money out of property then, doesn't it.

Money can be made in property for sure... but money can also be lost. it was the assumption that money couldn't be lost which caused this terrible boom!

You make money by watching the market, finding a bargain and adding value through smart budgeting and work. The idea of making a proper profit without doing anything was what caused this mess!
So the cap is not in effect in 2010, but "regulations agreed prior to 29 April 2009" are? Off the top of my head, that means:
- KERS is mandatory
- no refueling
- the "standard engine" rules are in effect
- no tire warmers

Right? Just trying to picture the F1 landscape for next year in my head.

Quote from tristancliffe :

New year-end award category for 2009 - "Lord of the Graphs"

Teams to launch Breakaway series
(307 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG