The online racing simulator
Well FOTA have Monaco and Silverstone...
Is that guarenteed? All they need now is Monza and Bingo!

And the Tifosi are going to follow 'rarri into FOTA, so yeah Monza ahoy.
Quote from 5haz :Is that guarenteed? All they need now is Monza and Bingo!

And the Tifosi are going to follow 'rarri into FOTA, so yeah Monza ahoy.

Yup, FIA told the BRDC to go swivel so Silverstone is a cert, and the crown prince said he's following the red cars. It's hard to imagine the Italian government or even the old crime families letting Monza sit there with a contract to the non Ferrari series - if it's what it took Montezemolo would be made president of Italy... FOTA will have Monza too. We might even get San Marino back.

Oh and without Mosley France would be back in a heartbeat. Maybe even Canada...
Quote from Becky Rose :Yup, FIA told the BRDC to go swivel so Silverstone is a cert, and the crown prince said he's following the red cars. It's hard to imagine the Italian government or even the old crime families letting Monza sit there with a contract to the non Ferrari series - if it's what it took Montezemolo would be made president of Italy... FOTA will have Monza too. We might even get San Marino back.

Oh and without Mosley France would be back in a heartbeat. Maybe even Canada...

Oh good good with Monaco, I did read an interview with someone to do with Silverstone, and they were a bit coy about being part of a breakaway series, still its early days.

Spa can come to the party too, it makes a loss every year because of Bernie's extortionate charges, if FOTA allow things to be run far cheaper, then older venues will have no problem keeping up.

Thats what sickens me about the whole Silverstone thing, the facilities are far from inadequate there, the whole place is well maintained and clean, its not inadequate facilities that lost Silverstone the GP, its Bernie's personal issues and money.

What kind of proper organisations allow personal vendettas to decide things like that? The Mafia is the only other one I can think of.
Just listened to Bernie talking to the BBC. Gut feeling, after hearing him, is that he's going to take the F1 name to FOTA and leave Max behind. Deep gut feeling.
Quote from SamH :Just listened to Bernie talking to the BBC. Gut feeling, after hearing him, is that he's going to take the F1 name to FOTA and leave Max behind. Deep gut feeling.

Hopefully.

edit: no wait stuff the name, bernie is an idiot.
Quote from SamH :Just listened to Bernie talking to the BBC. Gut feeling, after hearing him, is that he's going to take the F1 name to FOTA and leave Max behind. Deep gut feeling.

i really really really hope fota is going to ditch the greedy mummy
I'd assume that Bernie's thinking that any money is better than no money, and F1 without FOTA is going to mean no money. The BBC has stated that the shape of F1 will have changed so significantly that they'll be able to walk away from the £200 million contract they have, without any legitimate legal challenge. Other TV channels will be able to do the same without fear.

That will be right at the front of Bernie's mind, along with the fact that ALL the F1 fan polls on the internet are showing between 70 and 95% support for FOTA.
Quote from samjh :If they did, CART still managed to get Brands Hatch, Lausitz, Rockingham, and Zolder (CCWS).

I meant in 80s or 90s. I've read that kind of stories, but I don't know much it's bitter fan bs.

Quote from 5haz :What kind of proper organisations allow personal vendettas to decide things like that? The Mafia is the only other one I can think of.

That's an insult towards mafia's honorable ways of doing business.

Quote from Becky Rose :Yup, FIA told the BRDC to go swivel so Silverstone is a cert, and the crown prince said he's following the red cars.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76367
Quote from samjh :Brands Hatch and Rockingham are probably not very suitable for F1 type cars, but Lausitz and Zolder certainly are. There are plenty of other tracks which could host a FOTA race without encumbrance from F1.

f1 (or FOTA GP whatever) on zolder would be awesome for me since i live 10km from the track

but its not gonna happen,
the track is rather short and not wide enough for the current f1 cars

and i doubt theres enough acommodations (spelling?) for a GP

I did not hear the interview but this is my prediction aswell.

I can not imagine Bernie not being on the winning side when it counts. He does not feel he owes the FIA anything.

(Apart from a big cut out of his empire to his ex-wife) I can not remember him losing anything over the past few decades.
Bernie is part of the current problem though.
Bernie.... Like a rat escaping a sinking ship........
i just cant see fota asking bernie to tag along... certainly not in his current role
Bernie is part of the problem, he is the reason half the calendar's events are struggling to meet the costs of holding a GP.
Quote from Shotglass :i just cant see fota asking bernie to tag along... certainly not in his current role

The problem is that he probably has some aces up his sleeve. Maybe the formula 1 name (or did that one go to slavica?).
Sweet!

This is all about Mad Max, FOTA will only split so far as Max still holds control over FIA. It will end with FOTA gaining control over F1, worst case is via a one year breakaway series stealing the status from FIA-F1. Its most likely Max will fold within a month.

I had my doubts on the power of FOTA, the breakaway series would not get the staus without Monaco, the other tracks are not so important. This was the only showstopper. (I could see, becuase I cant see all the secrest and non secret contracts)

FOTA only needs to put enough "features" to the table to beat F1. The features are things like (in this order):
* Ferrari
* Reputable drivers (previous F1 world champions)
* Other reputable teams
* Monaco
* Other reputable tracks
The more features they show, the more they get. The ones above is probably enough to get the next and the avalanche is rolling (into Max office pushing him out of it)
* TV coverage (if they get coverage, they get Bernie who will provide lucrative deals on better coverage)
* FIA Status
* Formula 1 name
* Power over the rules for years and years to come.

It will be a very expensive fight, but not as expensive as redesigning the car in a few winter months to fulfill "cost saving" rules changes.

When I say that they get Bernie, it does not mean that they automatically get to take all his horrible ideas (like valencia and medals). Bernie is first and foremost a very successfull businessman, lunatic is only a side feature when his work becomes too easy.
Bernie said he wants the cost cap rules dropped, maybe its possible for a resolution now.
Quote from Mustafur :Bernie said he wants the cost cap rules dropped, maybe its possible for a resolution now.

Does Max want the same?

Of course, Bernie is leaning towards the side that is more likely to come out better of this mess.
Quote from Mustafur :Bernie said he wants the cost cap rules dropped, maybe its possible for a resolution now.

I don't think thats enough of carrot for FOTA, they have gone too far and need more (read Max gone or a veto on rules changes). It would have been enough a month ago.

But it shows that Bernie is nervous about the heap of work he would have to do if there is a breakaway series.

Viva La Revolucion!
I'd also like to see a return of donuts, the FIA now fines any driver who does donuts at an FIA sanctioned event, bloody stupid IMO.

I hope the new series is not fully FIA regulated, similar to the ACO and Le Mans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_bWOdY6mbU
Quote from 5haz :I'd also like to see a return of donuts, the FIA now fines any driver who does donuts at an FIA sanctioned event, bloody stupid IMO.

I hope the new series is not fully FIA regulated, similar to the ACO and Le Mans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_bWOdY6mbU

omg, I think its possible For F1 to race at Laguna, the Toyota went through the corkscrew like its nothing.
Yes what do you expect, an F1 chassis is a single seater race car chassis with a low ride height and stiff setup, but so was a CART chassis, the likes of Bernie and Mosely would like you to think that F1 must always race on flat featureless circuits, but thats not really the case.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5390260,00.html

Quote :FIA President Max Mosley has lit the fuse for another ugly row in F1's ongoing civil war by describing a faction of the breakaway teams as "loonies" and suggesting that Renault boss Flavio Briatore wants to replace Bernie Ecclestone as the sport's head honcho.

They say that if you think everyone else is mad, then its you that is the mad one.

And yeah, of course Flavio wants to take over as head honcho, and I don't blame him because the current head is a money grasping c*nt, then again Briatore isn't much better, I'd prefer someone like Jean Todt or even Ross Brawn, then again, if it can be made to work, the heads of all the teams should run it together, although I'm sure there will be no end of arguing.

Max is getting angry because he's desperate and in denial.
Jean Todt?! Say no to drugs, guvnor.

Bernie, Flav, and Jean, are all cut from the same cloth as far as money and power is concerned.

Teams to launch Breakaway series
(307 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG