The online racing simulator
Lets get over it please...!

Today I was thinking "why not posting the replay", but that would be a bit harsh and IMO bad style.

Update:

- AIRIO 2.2.9 up and running. Please update your "shift+i", we have some new features...

Have fun!
Very nice system, fun to race and good combos.
Still point systems transform every race in a battle to the death.
Wich is bad sometimes, but also very very good someothers! Good job!
Update:

- AIRIO 2.3.0 up and running. Please update your "shift+i", we have some new features...
- tweaked GT2 time adjustment
- tweaked FXO time adjustment
- updated a few layouts
- tweaked swearfilter

Have fun!
I "attempted" to drive on the LR server last night, and was amazed to see the decline in racing on there.

Its been a little while since I was on there, but the quality of the racing was terrible, pretty much all the drivers didn't think anything of bashing their way to the front, the admin was obviously struggling to keep up with all the bad driving that was going on.

And to top it all, a wrecker joined, took me out of the race twice, got kicked by the admin, then the admin let them rejoin again, madness.

Real shame, LFS goes back in its dusty box again.
well, danowat, that might be partly because the driving field is too big to admin it on the fly. when I was on yesterday, there were nearly 30 racers on track, which makes things really hard to overview.
Totally agree, which is one reason why I thought letting an obvious wrecker back into the server was a strange idea.
Depends on your hour of racing. I have had great races there with 25-30 racers, but also some less great racers. The bashing and bumping in the rear do is a problem sometimes, however I also noticed a lot of racers braking correctly and keeping nice distance.

Some racers need to understand that we are racing with a large grid. Not driving around to be the fastest. In a race you can not always take a turn the most optimal way, or at the most optimal speed. You need to brake more, take a different line, avoid cars, ect... An often occuring problem is contact in front of a group of people, and the people behind the crash don't change their driving line, speed or braking distance. They just bash themselfs through in the hope getting through healthy. They're more wrong though as it only leads to more crashes.

Racing friends is what we are doing. Racing!
Keep it mature and clean. And the fast laps and superb nights follow.
to VoiD:

the messages "esq estaba hablandocon diego q hacia pila q no le veia" and "estoy hablando con diego" kicked my friend for bad language, could you (or the responsible) fix it?
Last night at one point we were on FE3R and after rolling my car at the chicane I decided to watch the leaders for their lines rather than rejoining.

I noticed that at both the chicane and T1 they were cutting the corner, ie up on the grass and all wheels inside the white line at the side of the track.

Is this generally accepted as ok? I've always believed that the rule is for 2 wheels to be on the track (the track side of the white line).

If this is accepted as ok it's hardly realistic and simulating racing or is it a case of most people do it and to be competitive you have to follow?
If you think that was bad, wait until you drive on the SR server

I have always tried to respect the unoficial " 2 wheels on track" rule and intentional cutting is something that really grinds my gears, LFS has shortcut marshals that will spectate (or warn) anyone who really cuts a corner but this dosen't seem to pickup properly even when the cutting looks huge they get away with it.

On past, points based, tiered servers, layouts have been used sucessfully to help with this prob.

I personally don't think its acceptable driving this way, the same as I feel about bumpdrafting, however it seems to me the majority of "players" feel its ok to do both.

SD.
Well, I revisted the LR server again tonight, and low and behold, a bunch of decent drivers!.

I guess its one of those things, some nights are good, some are bad.
Quote from Whiskey :to VoiD:

the messages "esq estaba hablandocon diego q hacia pila q no le veia" and "estoy hablando con diego" kicked my friend for bad language, could you (or the responsible) fix it?

Oups, thx for info!

Fixed.
Unless the cutting is enforced - and it would be a relatively huge task for such a thing, considering if I'd get spec'd after losing time going wide and hitting a marshal I'd be pretty annoyed - there will always be people who'll use it to gain real time. As long as there isn't a reason that makes it really srs bznz I can live with losing time in comparison to those who do it every single lap.
SparkyDave, I did a quick search but saw no recent discussions on this issue. Maybe it's one of those things that the we're glad it's more realistic club ignore!!

danowat, I was at the back of a line of 27 cars all finishing the race together tonight (well 28 seconds apart but a line of 27 cars with an average gap of 1 second is rare in my experience so far).

NotAnIllusion, yeah I don't think a marshall is the answer. Like you say if you go wide by accident it would be really annoying to be spec'd for an error that is going to lose you time anyway. It's just a shame that these "fast" drivers feel they need to cheat to be "fast". I watched a couple of drivers do it EVERY lap. Maybe LR can bring in a rule for this and make it reportable? The forum for reports doesn't seem too full, or is it heavily edited? Or am I being anally retentive? (sp?)
Quote from menantoll :

danowat, I was at the back of a line of 27 cars all finishing the race together tonight (well 28 seconds apart but a line of 27 cars with an average gap of 1 second is rare in my experience so far).

Yeah, I was there, it was a good couple of races
Update:

All servers will be offline for the next hour(s). Nothing special, just some urgent needed maintenance...

And some words about cutting...
Personally we too dislike marshalls or restricted areas. It simply feels "wrong" when your cars was sent to nirvana after cutting or an incident....

I think some tyres and a little "high performance" concrete here and there will perfectly do the job.

The FE2 chikane e.g. ... Of course we can place some tyres or hay bales, like in CTRA... But hey, where´s the thrill going..?

Edit:
All up and running again.

Have fun!
Hi Guys. Got a few bob i'd like to share with you.

Firstly, great system. I do enjoy working towards a goal and can't wait to see some familiar faces up in the rarified air of the GT's as and when I get the points for them.

I was racing for a few hours last night, love the different combo's. Keeps you on your feet, tweaking setups etc, etc. But I do feel a small amount of admin presence could really help when the server is full. I did see some quite shockingly bad examples of race craft and complete disregard for fellow racers. I know the lower classes will get that anyway, CTRA was no different, but CTRA did have a palpable presence on the racetrack and in judicial dealings. It just got frustrating at times. No huge issue.

And the other was the ASNat retire zone at the chicane. I know why it's there, if it wasn't then that shortcut would be more abused than one of Michael Jacksons 'special' friends. But I got retired after being hit up the backside with no place to go, took me by surprise that did, and quite ruined a respectable points scoring position.

Again, maybe a more obvious admin presence might serve to relax that zone and reprimand any 'shortcutters' immeadiatly both verbally and by use of banning if the offense it repeated. It was quite frustrating for someone who gets pushed off through no fault of their own.

But on the whole, great job. S'nice to see a points table up and running again. Good work Fella's.
+1, but.....
the admins are there to enjoy the sim as much as the next person. what i think you guys might want to ponder over would be to give admin rights (password) to a select few drivers/teams. that way you will have a better chance of an admin being present more often. T7R (to name one)are there nearly every day and there's not one bad guy in that team .
you have loads of regular drivers there that could help you guys out. all it takes is for someone to ask for help.
Some raw screenshots of racing at LR are vissible here in case someone is interested.
were they taken from tuesday nights racing? If so I think it could be the race I mentioned above. Epic!
Saturday Drive Fever

Monthly event

"Drive Fever"-mode all day long

Come in and find out!
Haha, that's bloody awesome!

I am gone for some weeks vecation, but really looking forward to put down some laps on the server. I am not usually fan of more laps than it allready is, but sure, if I got some time on a free saturday I might aswell spend it there
Update:

- AIRIO 2.3.1 up and running. New features...

- activated !recent for all players

- Center 1: added one more lap to Kyoto and Westhill (minimun race-length should be 10 minutes an all tracks)

- Center 1: added FE1 and reverse to trackcycle (stay cool)

- tweaked some layouts (again)

- tweaked swearfilter

Have fun!
Quote :Implemented Previous and Following buttons enabling everyone to easily move through all kinds of lists spanning over several pages, generated e.g. by !sb, !ptt, and many other commands including admin/limad ones. This very handy and user-friendly addition for easy listing is finally available.

That's a great change, and it will help keeping track of you stats on the server much easlier than before. Thank you both (creator and user).
Will be fun putting down some laps when I'm home from vecation

LR Announces: Race Center
(328 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG