The online racing simulator
In fact yours has 24 icons (and afew underneath that winamp)
and mine has 42 icons (yes your's has less but i didnt exactlly clean it up just for this)
meh.
Attached images
desker.JPG
DESKTOP.JPG
I like it clean too. Free Launch Bar deals with that.
Attached images
mydesk.JPG
I like it pretty clean. My friend took this at her house in Mexico, I just loved the colors.
-
(whitey6272) DELETED by whitey6272
How do i get start in the object dock?
Quote from Vesa :I prefer mine cluttered and full of useless stuff.

having your desktop like that slows your PC!

This ones mine anyway: -
Attached images
cgrassham.jpg
Quote from cgrassham :having your desktop like that slows your PC!

This ones mine anyway: -

About as much as all those programs on your pc. Why not use a seperate 'Gamer' account? That's what I've done. All my games are installed on the one account along with Teamspeak and all other related programs. Runs sweet as a nut.
Bahhh.. having other programs installed doesn't slow your PC when gaming unless they are running.. or in the taskbar idle or something.

Shortcuts on the desktop doesn't slow it down either. Having more than one account on a PC will slow it more than that- especially HD speed, and especially if you don't tweak the services that start up and run.
Quote from BWX232 :Bahhh.. having other programs installed doesn't slow your PC when gaming unless they are running.. or in the taskbar idle or something.

Shortcuts on the desktop doesn't slow it down either. Having more than one account on a PC will slow it more than that- especially HD speed, and especially if you don't tweak the services that start up and run.

shortcuts slow down the boot though, as each shortcut must be verified and the picture checked
Quote from Jakg :shortcuts slow down the boot though, as each shortcut must be verified and the picture checked

Not much.. even still, what really counts to me is actual gaming performance. Leaving unneeded services, AV, taskbar apps, and stuff like that running are the worst offenders.
Quote from zorrofox :About as much as all those programs on your pc. Why not use a seperate 'Gamer' account? That's what I've done. All my games are installed on the one account along with Teamspeak and all other related programs. Runs sweet as a nut.

Why bother? I don't have many games on my HD or too many shortcuts on my desktop. Before I had loads and it was noticable, what I have on there now are my "essentials". I have attached what I was on about, my old PC used to be similar to that.

IMO What you have done with accounts is overcomplicate things really and as BWX232 said, accounts slow you down.
Attached images
shot.jpg
my desktop:

Click for full view. ^__^
I'm one of the clean-guys! But I haven't seen anyone have his taskbar this way. People think it's weird and not comfortable, while it actually took me like a minute to get used to, and I get confused when I get somewhere that isn't like this. I have everything that I need, easy to find, and I can read the date very well, I don't need anything more

*Don't know how it happend, but I think I forgot the attachment
Attached images
background.JPG
Mine
Attached images
desktop.jpg
not changed that much :X
Attached images
desktop.jpg
new basis
I think this is my first post here

Click on the Image opens a FullRes-Pic