The online racing simulator
Second Car...
(673 posts, started )
ive 10,000 put down but ill triple that.

its only when you crash they check the cars milage.

thats when you get done but Leglly you can roll your milage back then put it back to the best of your knollege...

if you roll it back and dont reset it they can remove your genitals.
Quote from Jakg :I put the insurance to start today (but i set my age about 6 months younger so all the dates are the correct space apart as if i were renewing now).

EDIT - Even for 50,000 miles insurance is still the same cost (£1,125.50 from Quinn)

It doesn't "always" save you, but for me, if I say 10,000 a year it's like £650, if I put 2,000 or 3,000 it's about £545. Just try them all lol
Quote from ajp71 :A very good suggestion, my dad's 1.6 Zetec is great fun to drive cruises effortlessly and has a good gear shift, pedal and steering feel for a modern car. The handling is very neutral and it was great fun on trackdays, easy to induce oversteer. My dad reckons it is the best handling front wheel drive he has ever driven, but we disagree on one thing, he reckons it could handle more power and is talking about getting a 2 litre, personally I think it is the relative total lack of power that makes it so fun to drive and giving it more power (and a heavier engine) would just turn it into a typical overpowered hot hatch which is just frustrating at low speeds and too fast to be fun on the road. Never heard there was a difference between the models though.

I have a 2004 Focus Ghia 2.0, it doesn't have heaps of power (~130hp), but is quite nippy.

It doesn't seem over powered, occasionally you get the odd bit of torque steer. I don't know if there's any differences in suspension and setup to other focus'. The suspension isn't very soft, but isn't too firm. Occasionally you'll hit a bump and you'll feel it. But going down country roads it feels great, amazing fun. I've read and heard that the Focus is one of the best handling cars for it's class and price.

One problem I find is with fuel consumption, I'm reckoning this is more to do with location and maybe something with the car. But I only seem to average around 22mpg, it's not just my driving my dad can only manage that, manufactorors quote it at around 30-35 MPG, I'm guessing they don't factor in stopping every 30 seconds, like I have to where I live.
Quote from DTrott :I have a 2004 Focus Ghia 2.0, it doesn't have heaps of power (~130hp), but is quite nippy.

It doesn't seem over powered, occasionally you get the odd bit of torque steer. I don't know if there's any differences in suspension and setup to other focus'. The suspension isn't very soft, but isn't too firm. Occasionally you'll hit a bump and you'll feel it. But going down country roads it feels great, amazing fun. I've read and heard that the Focus is one of the best handling cars for it's class and price.

tourqe steer, in a focus ??

no offense but that's bad throttle control...

ive driven everything upto the 2 liter model and never had that happen
Quote from theirishnoob :tourqe steer, in a focus ??

no offense but that's bad throttle control...

ive driven everything upto the 2 liter model and never had that happen

I meant when dicking around. I only did it once to see the extent of it.
Quote from DTrott :I meant when dicking around. I only did it once to see the extent of it.

Was gonna say... Only thing I can think of that you would see any type of torque steer is when you would be full lock in first! =)
Quote from S14 DRIFT :They won't know. I've insured two vehicles, one with the Quote Me Happy people, and one with AXA and on both of them I've put 2,000 miles as the mileage. I've never been asked, so hey won't ever know.

Try setting up for your insurance to start in a week or something, insurance companies don't like to be kept waiting.

Should you make a claim they will do anything to stop it, working out how you obviously have been lying with back tracking previous polices and old MOTs and the millage listed on the V5 isn't hard and will be found out. Whilst they probably won't bother if you're a few miles over if you have been blatantly lying and vastly exceeding it you may as well not bother insuring it, you'll probably get less trouble than should they try and chase you up.

Quote from DTrott :I have a 2004 Focus Ghia 2.0, it doesn't have heaps of power (~130hp), but is quite nippy.

Ah yes we thinking about the Mk1 ST, which IIRC had about 170bhp and no LSD. A 1.8 or the less powerful 2 litre are probably quite nice cars, although I don't really see a lot of advantage in having more power.

Quote : I'm not saying dropping a new engine won't raise your premium, nor am I saying it's viable for a 17 year old. I'm saying you can do it, and people do do it.

You said it would 'barely' raise the premium, I say it would go through the roof and be very hard, if not impossible, for a 17 year old to find a company willing to take them.
ajp17, my borther dropped a cosmo in his rx-7, his insurance went up by 400 euro...

not gaint imho
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Whats insurace for a 17 year old kid? Which is where part of the problem is.

look on Quinn Direct Insurance. My mate has a quote for £2050 on an S13.. must be good. (he is coming up 18 - just taking his tests).
Is that on a provisional? I got a quote of £1k on my provisional, but when I passed my test they wanted an EXTRA £1k because I was a "high risk driver".
My quotes went up for the license too, but I assume that's because you go from havnig a qualified driver with you to being solo. Silly, since you have no more or less control, but I guess they take into account having someone to warn you about acting the maggot

I used moneysuperket.com and confused.com (which I believe together cover something like 94% of all online insurers) but my cheapest quote by far was still from a small local company. Remember, the bigger the company the less person the quote is. Smaller companies are more willing to find out abou you and try to get the extra business by undercutting the big guns.
Depending on the car you're looking at next, try the insurers I mentioned in my last post. It saved me £200.
But then again, the smaller companies will be more of a hassle getting any money should you claim, or at least that's how I understand.
No way - the little independants try harder than anyone to look after their clients, come claim or renewal.
There's a couple around me, come renewal time I'll check em out.
I could have one of these S14's for just £3,098.92 a year!

SCORE!
You'd pay that much for me?

Got looking at some on Ebay. Some are temptingly cheap. :hide:
If I had you i'd paying the ****ing £3k to get shot of you!
HAH. :hide:

Am sad.
So tempted by this - the guy looks really like he loves the car, and the insurance is £1,125, same as my Proton...

Also think this looks ace...

Would prefer the 1.3, though...
I've heard good things about the Rallye 106's, but seriously £1500 for a 10-year-old tiny toy? Sounds well overpriced to me.
Could get this V6 and still have a few hundred left to put towards insurance
I've heard bad things as well. If you crash into a hedge in a Proton you won't be able to handle the snappy 106 chassis for long.

Those look in nice condition though, I'd personally go for the one that's slightly modified as it's pretty nicely done, so long as the condition is good.
Quote from Jakg :So tempted by this - the guy looks really like he loves the car, and the insurance is £1,125, same as my Proton...

Also think this looks ace...

Would prefer the 1.3, though...

Quite a few miles on them though
Only around 10-12 thousand miles a year, pretty average.
Mmm yer but I wouldn't be buying a little car with a revvy engine that's probably been driven pretty hard with that many miles on the clock, personally.
Yeah probably not far away from a potential rebuild, but AFAIK as long as the cambelt has been done at the correct intervals it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Second Car...
(673 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG