The online racing simulator
Second Car...
(673 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :I am doing maybe 40, in 4th ready to overtake - but theres really not that much pull.

Basically - I just need it to be a little faster for overtaking...

I don't think i'll be changing my car though, unless I find something stupidly cheap...

You need your korean vtak to kick in yo!
Quote from Jakg :My gearbox is weird - I can only get up to around 45-47 in 3rd, so I need to be in 4th....

Can't tell you the RPM as the gauge doesn't work.

What the HELL. That is lowly geared. Even my Fiesta with a really short box will do 65 or something on the clocks in third, and in that thing you can happily shift from 1st to 5th the ratios are so close.
Yeah - thats what I thought.

It'll do 109 in 5th, yet you can actually actually drive it in 5th without any added vibration at 35, and actually have some performance at 40... I really don't get it.
Lol, it amazes me how many of you english people that drive little 1.1 and 1.2's.

Never see any of them here in australia
Quote from Klutch :Lol, it amazes me how many of you english people that drive little 1.1 and 1.2's.

Never see any of them here in australia

Cause no-one in Australia has a brain.

Obvious troll is obvious.
Seat Leon 1.8 maybe?
I have an toledo and it is really reliable, kind of good looking to imo and really cheap!.
my eats about 6.5liters per 100km.
img1
img2
yes Leon got different rear, and I think that is the only thing different about them.
Quote from floodan :Seat Leon 1.8 maybe?
I have an toledo and it is really reliable, kind of good looking to imo and really cheap!.
img1
img2
yes Leon got different rear, and I think that is the only thing different about them.

Nice car, and 6.5 L/100km is very good from a 1.8. We had a 01 Fiat Brava 1.6... 8-9 L/100km :eek:
Quote from floodan :Seat Leon 1.8 maybe?
img1
img2

Is the 1.8 the 1.8T Cupra? If so, I saw it, fell in love with it, found a few for under £2k, got a quote - but they wanted £3k just to insure it, so I gave up on that one :P
The Cupra is a 2L turbo engine and I believe sits around 230/240hp. Good luck getting insurance for that one
How ever much you want to deny it a Kia Rio 1.5 Diesel is going to have a hell of a lot of pull. It would basically leave your proton standing. And they get good mileage.

Now I know you are all going to say crappy kia tin can but it's better than the proton that Jack has got.
Quote from Luke.S :Now I know you are all going to say crappy kia tin can but it's better than the proton that Jack has got.

How so?

Having actually driven a Cee'd Diesel, please GTFO. The gears and the steering feel horrible.
Quote from Jakg :How so?

Having actually driven a Cee'd Diesel, please GTFO. The gears and the steering feel horrible.

That ain't a rio though. The rio has a slightly shorter wheel base so handles better.
But the steering is just as over-assisted and the gearbox just as odd?
Nah not as much as the C'eed and the gear box is set up in a more sporty manner.
Quote from Luke.S :Nah not as much as the C'eed and the gear box is set up in a more sporty manner.

Can the word sporty even come into a Kia car lol.
Quote from sam93 :Can the word sporty even come into a Kia car lol.

better than some riced up corsa
Quote from Luke.S :better than some riced up corsa

hmm, that depends lol. You get some 'riced' up Corsa's that do have some nice suprises under the bonnet, common one is the C20LET 200 bhp engine standard and then the tune them a little, so depends lol.

It's everyone to their own though, you may like Kia's, I myself don't. Have to admit though, their 4x4 is pretty nice lol.
Quote from Luke.S :Nah not as much as the C'eed and the gear box is set up in a more sporty manner.

Have you driven either the C'eed or the Rio?
I have actually driven my Dad's Rio on the farm track opposite to my grandad's house and for what it is I found it supprisingly sporty.
OMFG not this Kia obsession again! Why do you think they're cheap? Cause they're shite.
lets see what proof you have of that then.

I bet you have never even driven any of the new ones.

Cause you are just an idiot if you say that and have no proof to back it up. And he is looking for a car to replace his Proton Wira. He isn't looking for something like a lotus elise or anything like that. He is after a sensible car which will move better than his proton.

TBH you are pathetic calling something shit if you don't even know about it.
Quote from Dajmin :The Cupra is a 2L turbo engine and I believe sits around 230/240hp. Good luck getting insurance for that one

Your thinking of the Cupra R.
http://www.supercarnews.net/ph ... -seat-leon-cupra-r-01.jpg

Its a VAG 1.8 Turbo engine (commonly found in the Audi TT's and the like), producing around 225hp, with the older cars doing 210hp or so.

The cupra, is a pretty standard looking leon.
http://www.autohausbristol.co. ... es/111521736031676IMG.JPG

Again, 1.8t VAG, but only producing around 180hp this time.

And the pic the other guy posted is a toledo. A leon with a boot. Jack might be able to get insurance on these if he went for a sensible engine size but the toledo's are pretty expensive to buy.

EDIT:
Quote from Luke.S :TBH you are pathetic calling something shit if you don't even know about it.

And TBH, your pathetic calling a Kia's Ceeds gearbox sporty, when i doubt you have even driven a sports car enthusiastically and know what a "sporty" gearbox feels like.

Just STFU with this kia crap, there a load of wank.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Nice car, and 6.5 L/100km is very good from a 1.8. We had a 01 Fiat Brava 1.6... 8-9 L/100km :eek:

wow I got that a little bit wrong, My Toledo wich is an 1.6 takes that much.
1.8 leon I do not really know, but don't think there is much different since it is smaller and stuff.
I drove 600km~ one day average 120km/h~ had to fuel up 38 liters, full it is 45 liters.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Your thinking of the Cupra R.
http://www.supercarnews.net/ph ... -seat-leon-cupra-r-01.jpg

Its a VAG 1.8 Turbo engine (commonly found in the Audi TT's and the like), producing around 225hp, with the older cars doing 210hp or so.

The cupra, is a pretty standard looking leon.
http://www.autohausbristol.co. ... es/111521736031676IMG.JPG

Again, 1.8t VAG, but only producing around 180hp this time.

And the pic the other guy posted is a toledo. A leon with a boot. Jack might be able to get insurance on these if he went for a sensible engine size but the toledo's are pretty expensive to buy.

EDIT:

And TBH, your pathetic calling a Kia's Ceeds gearbox sporty, when i doubt you have even driven a sports car enthusiastically and know what a "sporty" gearbox feels like.

Just STFU with this kia crap, there a load of wank.

TBH you fail cause i wasn't even talking about the Ceed. I was talking about the rio. Lets see your proof of how crap kias are.
Handbags, gentlemen. Please put them away. Let's not turn another topic into a 2-man-centric argument that goes nowhere because neither one will accept that people have different opinions about things. Internet arguments and special olympics. Think about it.

Second Car...
(673 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG