The online racing simulator
Second Car...
(673 posts, started )
The Ford Puma was based on the Fiesta, was it not?
Yer they're all pretty much the same thing.
The KA is quite a fun car to drive, with a good set of tyres on it, though I wouldn't recommend heavy braking as it will lock up easily....

Also noticed that the KA will actually go further on a tank of fuel than a 1.8l Automatic Astra

E: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svKjUULa3eQ
My second car doesn't get very good mileage (it doesn't even have an exhaust...or seats...or suspension thats bolted in...)

EDIT: Image removed, too big apparently, and i'm too lazy to open PS and resize it
yeah i bought that one as a wreck, had another car pull out in front of it. It's apparently a "repairable write off" but yeah the structural damage is quite bad, especially on the subframe around the passenger door..the impact was severe enough it has cracked the windscreen on the passenger side.

Gutting it for spares
Quote from senn :My second car doesn't get very good mileage (it doesn't even have an exhaust...or seats...or suspension thats bolted in...)

Good job on the photo resize. Did you buy just that bush in the upper left corner that shows in the thread or is there a car there too?
lol its big dude, but i'm only running @ 1280x1024, and i can see 3/4 of the car....sorry if it's a bit big tho
Just to bump this thread...

A few thousand miles on I think i'm falling more and more in love with my car - the only problem is that I wish it had a little more in-gear acceleration for overtaking...

Just found this corker on eBay - unfortunately unless he takes Kidneys I won't be able to buy it, let alone the insurance, but still what a car...
Then everyone will call you a ricer. :|
But it's not even riced!

All the stuff on that is factory (except for the exhaust).

Either way - my current car is "riced" - it's got a new headunit and new front speakers - and soon to have even more...
Quote from Jakg :But it's not even riced!

All the stuff on that is factory (except for the exhaust).

Either way - my current car is "riced" - it's got a new headunit and new front speakers - and soon to have even more...

Big fat cone filter certainly isn't standard.
Plates/tints are of questionable legality too.
Are you even Level 20? Else Vtak won't be able to use it as a spell.
Lol j/k.

oh btw
Vtec is like bad sex, lot's of effort but not really worth in the end.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from Jakg :Just to bump this thread...

A few thousand miles on I think i'm falling more and more in love with my car - the only problem is that I wish it had a little more in-gear acceleration for overtaking...

I'm guessing the out-of-gear accelleration is fine then?

What do you mean by in-gear? Just all through the rev range, or low revs? high revs? Bit more detail might be able to sort it out without buying a new car.
I am doing maybe 40, in 4th ready to overtake - but theres really not that much pull.

Basically - I just need it to be a little faster for overtaking...

I don't think i'll be changing my car though, unless I find something stupidly cheap...
Quote from ussbeethoven :Is simply removing a standard airbag possible in the UK? Here it can lead to an invalid German type approval (general operating license) or at least insurance problems if you have an accident.

Providing you delcare it to your insurer, then its not a problem.

@ Jack, didn't you say your going to leave this till next year? If thats right, then its kinda pointless looking at the moment, no? I understand your looking for ideas, but looking at cars like Civic Type-R's, when you know you cant afford it, is kinda silly dont you think?
I'm not looking for a new car - someone just posted that on another forum i'm a member of, and from what i've seen that model is stupidly rare / expensive, and that was a very good price.
-
(mrodgers) DELETED by mrodgers
Quote from mrodgers :What do you expect with a car with a lawnmower sized engine? Do you expect your head to snap back in 4th at 40 mph? (or is that kph which would be even worse?)

Mph, because they think they are not part of Europe in any way and therefore like using all weird units to feel special.
Quote from mrodgers :What do you expect with a car with a lawnmower sized engine? Do you expect your head to snap back in 4th at 40 mph? (or is that kph which would be even worse?)

I'm not looking for supercar performance, not even for speed - just something that has a little more acceleration to make overtaking easier on country roads.
Basically you want more torque then. Wouldn't a full performance exhaust system help the car become a little more responsive? Then a ECU remap and have it chipped. Pretty expensive mods that yes, will be pointless on a small engine, but if you have deep enough pockets for the mods, why not

Jakg, have you contacted Adrian Flux to see what insurance would be on the Civic. Like I said on MSN, there is an 18yr old with a EK9 Civic paying £1,800 FC with Adrian Flux. May be worth a call.
Quote from sam93 :Jakg, have you contacted Adrian Flux to see what insurance would be on the Civic. Like I said on MSN, there is an 18yr old with a EK9 Civic paying £1,800 FC with Adrian Flux. May be worth a call.

I got a quote online - they are going to email the results to me, supposedly.

I'm not buying a new exhaust / ECU for my car - it's gonna cost a bomb for little improvement.
Quote from Jakg :I got a quote online - they are going to email the results to me, supposedly.

I'm not buying a new exhaust / ECU for my car - it's gonna cost a bomb for little improvement.

Adrian Flux normally take a day to get back to you. I'm going to have to get a few quotes. I've been looking on a thread on Street Stylers Southwest and people who are insured with Adrian Flux, their premium actually never goes up when they add a mod. If thats the case, I will buy a modified car if it's going to be cheaper to insure then the standard model lol.

But they believe that if your car is modified, you'll look after it better. Which you do, unless you're a stupid chav in a Nova lol.
Quote from Jakg :I am doing maybe 40, in 4th ready to overtake - but theres really not that much pull.

Basically - I just need it to be a little faster for overtaking...

I don't think i'll be changing my car though, unless I find something stupidly cheap...

What revs your car doing at 40mph in 4th? In my fiesta I'd be dropping down to 3rd before pulling out to overtake. Not only that I tend to keep back from what I'm trying to overtake and just as I'm reaching the section of road I plan to overtake at, start accelerating hard so I've already got some decent speed before I pull out.
Quote from Jakg :I am doing maybe 40, in 4th ready to overtake - but theres really not that much pull.

have you thought about using that thing that sticks out of the floor to your left?
i dont know how your car is geared but i checked while driving home and mines at around 2k when im doing 40mph in 4th
at that kind of revs and gearing you cant expect to get any meaningful acceleration from a petrol engine
despite having a fairly silly amount of low end torque for a small petrol engine mine wont do much of anything in that kind of situation either
Quote from keiran :What revs your car doing at 40mph in 4th? In my fiesta I'd be dropping down to 3rd before pulling out to overtake. Not only that I tend to keep back from what I'm trying to overtake and just as I'm reaching the section of road I plan to overtake at, start accelerating hard so I've already got some decent speed before I pull out.

My gearbox is weird - I can only get up to around 45-47 in 3rd, so I need to be in 4th....

Can't tell you the RPM as the gauge doesn't work.

Second Car...
(673 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG