The online racing simulator
Second Car...
(673 posts, started )
So I want a larger more comfortable car, and you recommend a Mini.

Smooth.
Sounds to me Jack like you are after something that doesn't exist.
Basically yes, assuming the tractor wasn't on its rev limiter in top when the test ended then its shorter gearing would have been far more advantageous over the entire course of the race.
I would still say you need the mx-5.
Quote from Jakg :So I want a larger more comfortable car, and you recommend a Mini.

Smooth.

Mini's are actually quiet huge for their 'apparent' small size.
No small car is small anymore.. they're SUPERminis for a reason.
Jak, you said in a previous post that your Proton drinks when you cane it..... Well, that happens with all cars, like Dan said, you're looking for a car that doesn't exist... :P
I am looking for a car that is bigger and more comfortable than what I have atm, while having at least as much power as I have now with more than 36.2 MPH with "normal" driving.

if it doesn't exist, then meh - but I can't believe that a Proton Wira with an engine first used in a 1993 Mitsubishi is the best thing I can get!
Put up with the crap you have, believe me you could have it far worse.

If all you do is slow speed commuting crap then 36.2MPG is more than acceptable.
Quote from Jakg :I am looking for a car that is bigger and more comfortable than what I have atm, while having at least as much power as I have now with more than 36.2 MPH with "normal" driving.

if it doesn't exist, then meh - but I can't believe that a Proton Wira with an engine first used in a 1993 Mitsubishi is the best thing I can get!

Ahhhh, but you also said you wanted something faster and more fun to drive

Is that still not a pre-requisit?
I drive along country roads with an average speed of about 35 to School, and then if i'm going to work it's that distance + 60 mph over 11 miles on a dual carriageway.

Well faster and more fun to drive would be nice, but it seems that it's not gonna happen...
Jamie is right Jack, just because it seems cheap to insure a Peugeot 106 Rallye doesn't mean it will be cheap to run it anyway. It seems that all you REALLY want is a faster car, regardless of fuel costs.
ATM i'm keeping my car until I know what i'm doing next year, but I just came across the Ford SportKa and thought it looked ok, lower insurance than on the Wira, faster and almost the same MPG...

Whaddya think?
Good car that, if a bit feminine. Should be a hit with your GF though.
Rooney had one, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole though

Like Jamie said, its a little feminine
I wish we had cars for those prices

Any decent 5 year old car is almost 8k euros over here.
I can fouch for the Ka being a good little car, we have a standard Ka, its cheap to insure, good milage, although it lacks in pulling power somewhat I guess your death Ka would be suffice for your needs.
The DeathKa - I like it :P
I'm sure he'll say it handles poorly or something.

Engine in that is apparently rather unrefined and you won't beat your Wira's MPG.
I said the Fiesta had a horrible driving position - it may of gripped like crazy (I never found out) but it held no interest at all for me driving it. The older Fiesta (drove a mates '95 one the other day) feel better...

I had the chance to drive a Ka (albeit the older one with no power steering) when I was looking for a first car but didn't have any sort of proper insurance

It gets 37 MPG (officially), whereas I get about 38-43 depending on the conditions. I could live with that drop, but it depends on what happens next year.

EDIT - I could live with less MPG as it'd be cheaper to tax / insure...
Try 30-35 in real world in one of those. They have a pipet for a fuel tank so you'll only do 15 yards before you need to fill up again.
My current car has a small(er) fuel tank - 40L, but I can only ever get about 28-30L in.

I'm not sure what MPG it actually gets - I get about 8 MORE MPG than Proton say it should get :X
Would be good fun to drive. Remember the ford puma is based on the original Ka. This one has a bigger engine then the puma with the same sporty setup, sounds like a good mix to me (though ive not driven one i must admit)

Second Car...
(673 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG