The online racing simulator
I am not aware that there is a mod with my involvement out for GTR evo by the way

HistorX cars, speaking of mine, i.e. the GTC76 class, have an acceptable default setup, probably.. just get the adjustable steering rack upgrade and use ~25 .. 30 degrees in car setup with 900 on the G25. The usual rFactor things apply, get rid of speed sensitive steering, triple check all aids are off and axis sensitivities of 50% are linear.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :I am not aware that there is a mod with my involvement out for GTR evo by the way

HistorX cars, speaking of mine, i.e. the GTC76 class, have an acceptable default setup, probably.. just get the adjustable steering rack upgrade and use ~25 .. 30 degrees in car setup with 900 on the G25. The usual rFactor things apply, get rid of speed sensitive steering, triple check all aids are off and axis sensitivities of 50% are linear.

After checking its seems im getting your mod mixed up with the GTL mod for GTR

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=19623
If that is a straight conversion, something I never understand in the modding scene, its 99% conversion 1% creativity... then its just GTL which is a fun game but not very realistic at all, just like GTR Evo / GTR2 are not that great physics wise..
Ive been skimming through this forum a bit, and have tried both demos out and prefer the feel of lfs more but i would like to know which game has more users online and well a better online experience?. That is key in which game i am going to purchase. Thanx
I "think" there are more rFactor users online at any one time, but the problem is they're all spread out over different tracks/cars/mods. In LFS you can join any server instantly and play away.

It's down to whichever you find the best to drive really. LFS is far more "realistic", but rFactor has a huge array of mods to choose from
it is MUCH easier to find races in Live For Speed. rFactor's only good if you join a league.
Quote from Gabkicks :it is MUCH easier to find races in Live For Speed. rFactor's only good if you join a league.

LFS is the same for me, i never do pick up races in LFS.
The only things i do is practising for leagues or fool around in drift servers or whatever.

Kind of bored of the normal races, i might get back to it though.
Ah ok thanx, erm apart from the online is there any single player aspects to these games e.g earning money and buying cars or any story interactions. Thanx
Dude, when you play (sorry - DRIVE) iRacing, your know where that money is going.

Yes, LFS is top notch for a £25.00 one off payment, but iracing is in a different league. The courses are incredible and the sounds,models of the cars are truly awesome.

Give it a go for £12 ($19.99) per month, at least your know.

LFS is still the best POUND4POUND, but if you want the BEST there is, iracing is the one.
Quote from Bboy-MassUK :Dude, when you play (sorry - DRIVE) iRacing, your know where that money is going.

Yes, LFS is top notch for a £25.00 one off payment, but iracing is in a different league. The courses are incredible and the sounds,models of the cars are truly awesome.

Give it a go for £12 ($19.99) per month, at least your know.

LFS is still the best POUND4POUND, but if you want the BEST there is, iracing is the one.

He clearly wasn't interested in iRacing but merely asking which would be the better choice between LFS and rFactor.

Like was said, it's much easier to find online races in LFS than it is in rFactor. If you're looking for offline (singleplayer) races, though, rFactor might be the way to go IMO, but nothing beats racing against other people.
yeah, you need some kind of structure (from league/CTRA still dead?) to get the most out of a racing sim. It's a coin toss at this point if you're going to join a league.

LFS is long overdue for an update....
Quote from xlilsoldi3rx :Ah ok thanx, erm apart from the online is there any single player aspects to these games e.g earning money and buying cars or any story interactions. Thanx

No, but if you're into that kinda thing, there's cruise servers on LFS that do exactly that
Quote from Gabkicks :Open the controller.ini file of your user profile and go to 'steering wheel range'
change that to 900 or whatever you want.

can you explain a bit more please?
i found the file, changed the steering wheel range to 900, but the ingame wheel still isnt doing the same as my g25.. it just turns a quarter and not more
Quote from BastianB :can you explain a bit more please?
i found the file, changed the steering wheel range to 900, but the ingame wheel still isnt doing the same as my g25.. it just turns a quarter and not more

900 both ingame and in profiler, and wheel turn compensation must be 1.
Quote from RasmusL :900 both ingame and in profiler, and wheel turn compensation must be 1.

i now have 404 degrees in profiler and .ini file, but i can´t find what you mean with wheel turn compensation

where do i set it? ingame or in .ini file (coulnd´t find it in both)
No, you have to set it 900 in BOTH the profiler and the .INI.

This mod was designed for wheels using 900°, it will not feel as good if you use less range and yes it DOES make a big difference.

So again, set it to 900° in the profiler, and change the controller.ini file to read

Quote :Steering Wheel Range="900"

WITH the "".

There is no wheelturncompensation setting as far as I know, and if there is there is no need to fiddle around with it because I didn't.

Make sure you get the adjustable steering lock upgrade for every car you want to drive. That way you can set the amount of lock in the setup if you don't like turning your wheel a lot. I usually use something between 24 and 26 degrees and it feels very good and realistic.

Good luck!
Quote from obsolum :No, you have to set it 900 in BOTH the profiler and the .INI.

This mod was designed for wheels using 900°, it will not feel as good if you use less range and yes it DOES make a big difference.

So again, set it to 900° in the profiler, and change the controller.ini file to read

WITH the "".

There is no wheelturncompensation setting as far as I know, and if there is there is no need to fiddle around with it because I didn't.

Make sure you get the adjustable steering lock upgrade for every car you want to drive. That way you can set the amount of lock in the setup if you don't like turning your wheel a lot. I usually use something between 24 and 26 degrees and it feels very good and realistic.

Good luck!

ok thanks for the help, i´ll try it
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :If that is a straight conversion, something I never understand in the modding scene, its 99% conversion 1% creativity... then its just GTL which is a fun game but not very realistic at all, just like GTR Evo / GTR2 are not that great physics wise..

Niels, would be interested in knowing what you think the most realisitc rfactor mods are?
Heya, hehe thats a trick question? There is room for improvement in all mods, mine are certainly no exception. Realism wise it seems rfactor modders tend to make the, in my opinion, same mistakes over and over again. There are often multiple things I disagree with but the tires is an area where there is enough real data out there to prove most mods likely to be wrong. It is a combination of a few common errors that makes cars odd to drive the closer you get to the limit. There might also be problems under the skin; no tyre model is perfect, and rFactor, just like LFS, has issues with its underlying tire physics.

I think at the moment I'm relatively happy with the Corvette C6 mod, provided you get the latest unofficial update at my crappy site http://geocities.com/n_heusink ... rphysics/physicsfiles.htm

There is something inherently dubious about a guy recomending his own work, I see that.. The Caterhams also worth driving I heard:

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Caterham
Anything on the rfactorcentral hall of fame is worth a try in my opinion.
No trick question Niels.

As you know waht you are talking about when it comes to physics I wondered what mods you had driven and waht you thought of them.

The rfactor comments isn't usually the best place to get reasoned unbiased opinions on mods.

Lot's of mods are enjoyable, however I have always been curious which mods have the most accurate physics (within reason) from the point of view of someone that understands it.

Often I find that people rate mods on rfactorcentral based on who the mod team is and weather it is based on their favourite motorsport.
The Caterham and the Corvette, I am pretty sure that is the best you can find.

HOF on RFC have little to do with physics, people tend to vote for 1.popular series 2.fast cars 3.eye candies, I still don't know why the caterham mod isn't in the HOF when the driving experience is so much superior.

And frankly older HOF entries are now outdated, some don't even have realfeel support, which makes it hard to enjoy given Rfactor's original forcefeedback.
VLN 2007 and 2005 are good mods to drive in as well. Be it a league race(which there are aweful lot of) or single player.
there's a VLN 2005 race coming up on the 26th in the PSX-racing.de league. It should be a lot of fun
Quote from JJ72 :HOF on RFC have little to do with physics, people tend to vote for 1.popular series 2.fast cars 3.eye candies

Very much agreed

Quote :VLN 2007 and 2005 are good mods to drive in as well. Be it a league race(which there are aweful lot of) or single player.

Good in what terms? Accurate physics?

Rfactor vs LFS ... pretty impressive
(526 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG