The online racing simulator
^rfactor sucks beacause of online campatablility and loads and loads of mods
i like this thread
Quote from jbirdaspec :haha. I guess rfactor isn't technically finished either. Considering it's whole focus is continuous community development. I know... it's a crapy argument.

Jay

But rFactor was never meant to be "finished", was it? It was like a selection of standard cars, with the relevant bug fix patches, and then all the modders came along and introduced their own thing.
^yes. you simply end up downoading the starter package.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :But rFactor was never meant to be "finished", was it? It was like a selection of standard cars, with the relevant bug fix patches, and then all the modders came along and introduced their own thing.

Like I said. It was my attempt at a crapy argument.

Jay

Tbh, I think we shouldn't be allowed to compare "sims" because it nearly always ends up in an argument, and there's never anything said that hasn't been said before - So why bother? :hide:
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

Tbh, I think we shouldn't be allowed to compare "sims" because it nearly always ends up in an argument, and there's never anything said that hasn't been said before - So why bother? :hide:

Because..... humm.... because..... errrr.... ummmm......

What the hell time is it there any way?

Jay

** edit: and some one always has to say another sim sucks. I don't really like rfactor.... but I like what it does for sim racing by allowing community to push forward on it's own... at the same time i does hinder it in some areas like consistency. What rfactor needs is a community driven package manager like the different Linux distro's have... another thread i suppose.... GT I am just general disappointed with GT4, but i like what that sim did for sim racing too..

I really like like to hear what others think about topics and conversating with like minded people about those subjects to express my outlook.

Jay Odom
5.43am

Quote :but I like what it does for sim racing by allowing community to push forward on it's own... at the same time i does hinder it in some areas like consistency

Yeah, that definatly is part of the problem. The physics engine may not be "good", but it's "acceptable", but couple a so-so physics engine to a terrible mod (as 95% of them are) and you end up with a pretty poor simulation. Allowing people to breach out is fine as long as the quality is maintained - Which it invariably isn't.

GT4 was, as a simulator, eye candy with a game wrapped around it, but I guess it brought in people to the genre, because after all, the GT series is one of the most heard-about names in the gaming world, this brings those players onto games such as rFactor, iRacing, LFS and NKP.
^new sig
i like the rfactor physics, its enugh to have fun and do simple driving, lfs is better though.
This is awesome. Ikaponthus for funniest forum member 2009.
Got Rfactor, iRacing and Lfs.

Rfactor because of LeMans and prototypes, but I couldn`t get Nordschleife to work and I lost sound on LeMans. Haven`t touch it for years now.

There are many good things about Rfactor, but they got to have two versions. One without mods and one version that allows them. If Rfactor 2 allows mods - I will NEVER touch it even with a ten foot pole.

iRacing have the best FF feeling these days. It cost some money - But no one say that you have to buy all cars/tracks. Especially the ovals (and cars) are superior. Nobody with a great love for oval racing, should avoid testing iRacing - They only cheat themselves if they don`t

That goes for the roadpart too.

But I haven`t given up on Lfs. I shall return when we see the new car

But every nigth, when I go to sleep, I have a drem. A dream of a simulator which took the best parts from Lfs and iRacing. That would be a combination that would be hard to beat !
i will never understand why the main problem for many racers with rfactor is the majority of "terrible mods" while they admin, that there are some good ones.

why not stick to the good mods and enjoy them instead of getting frustrated with the bad ones? i don't get it.

many mods also have a good readme to configure the ffb correctly (realfeel). i never had a problem with that. there is also a realfeel database at rfcentral.
e.g. the historix mod instruction are really easy to follow.

the configuration of rfactor really isn't that difficult, it's just different to lfs.

although it's a good idea, to have more than one rfactor-install on your HD. I have one only for historix, one with some mods i play often and one to test new mods. i don't think that's a big problem when each of these installation exceeds the content of....e.g. lfs. the tracks can be placed in a folder each of the installation uses.
Oopps, looks like my comment about real cars and real tracks touched a few nerves, good to see some emotion:-)
I finally found a good well thought out mod in rfactor CTDP F1 2006, for me it's the first mod that I can understand the physics and can see changes in behaviour and fantastic art work on the cars.
For me LFS is brilliant and from what I know it runs great on all types of PC's unlike rfactor that almost forces you to upgrade your pc if you want to be competitive. I have to admitt tho that real cars and real tracks are the big seller in my eyes.
Quote from Bryan1 :Oopps, looks like my comment about real cars and real tracks touched a few nerves, good to see some emotion:-)
I finally found a good well thought out mod in rfactor CTDP F1 2006, for me it's the first mod that I can understand the physics and can see changes in behaviour and fantastic art work on the cars.
For me LFS is brilliant and from what I know it runs great on all types of PC's unlike rfactor that almost forces you to upgrade your pc if you want to be competitive. I have to admitt tho that real cars and real tracks are the big seller in my eyes.

Peoples in Denmark, runs around saying they have seen an angel. If there is only one, they go to a place where the walls are padded.

When 2 ore more are shouting the same mistakes, they form a club and are untouchable

I would say that Rfactor racers are untouchable.

Rfactor fannies - Please go to Rfactor forums and let us get some rest from your "angel belives".

I don`t care what you like, or what you drive. But I am not interested.
lol, i like rfactor, but the online sucks major time!!!
so lfs brings back the real fun of racing
Quote from alland44 :Peoples in Denmark, runs around saying they have seen an angel. If there is only one, they go to a place where the walls are padded.

When 2 ore more are shouting the same mistakes, they form a club and are untouchable

I would say that Rfactor racers are untouchable.

Rfactor fannies - Please go to Rfactor forums and let us get some rest from your "angel belives".

I don`t care what you like, or what you drive. But I am not interested.

Did not know there was us and them lol, in Australia we say "get your hand off your dick" :-) it's an open forum for opinion and interest.
You dont need a vob to do that. The cmx from the viewer or the render scenes are all you need. I wrote Victor a PM to inform him. I guess as long this guy keeps it for himself everything is OK. But you never know.
Quote from Anathema :You dont need a vob to do that. The cmx from the viewer or the render scenes are all you need. I wrote Victor a PM to inform him. I guess as long this guy keeps it for himself everything is OK. But you never know.

Ah, so they're called .cmx in the viewer... No matter, it's the same anyway... And how do you suppose those clever guys got the model in their render scenes? Also, I distinctively remember saying the devs are ok with mods using LfS' models for other games as long as LfS is properly credited - not sure where I said that...
Quote from bbman :Ah, so they're called .cmx in the viewer... No matter, it's the same anyway... And how do you suppose those clever guys got the model in their render scenes? Also, I distinctively remember saying the devs are ok with mods using LfS' models for other games as long as LfS is properly credited - not sure where I said that...

Ah that made me think... XRR in rFactor, with V8 engine and a nice hillclimb track. Daamn that would be awesome.
yes!
Quote :I finally found a good well thought out mod in rfactor CTDP F1 2006, for me it's the first mod that I can understand the physics and can see changes in behaviour and fantastic art work on the cars.

Totally agree..extremely good to great mod.

Will be used in the FSR World Championships next season.

Very good physics.

Best, Maz
Quote from Anathema :You dont need a vob to do that. The cmx from the viewer or the render scenes are all you need. I wrote Victor a PM to inform him. I guess as long this guy keeps it for himself everything is OK. But you never know.

The devs are cool with it.. there's info regarding this either in the readme of the CMX viewer or on the download page (can't remember exactly which now).. and I asked specifically back when I was planning on a complete LFS conversion for rFactor.. but stopped after 4 cars as rF became a serious headache / joke and ISI, a bunch of bullsh!tters.

I think I had the XRT, MRT, FO8 and FXR in game.. but not completed IIRC.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ikaponthus :And this is exactly why I have to repeat myself.

1. What I actually said is that you couldn't race effectively in a high horsepowered car using a gamepad or keyboard. I'm sure you can manage a few jerky laps on a cruise server though.

2. Forget about the bloody gamepad debate. You (and some others) are intentionally missing the point.

What's a gamepad?
imagone a ps2 or xbox controller for the pc...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG