The online racing simulator
2008 - what did you achieve?
(124 posts, started )
Quote from pb32000 :My biggest personal achievement was getting work featured on Smashing Magazine

Smashing is by far my favorite design mag/website. If no secret, which of your work(s) got featured?
^ lol....
i got 3 ps3's more tv's... lfs s2 lisenced, new pc, drivers permit, drifting master, and not much...
This thread clearly demonstrates the direction the youth of today is going. A question of "what did you achieve?" is responded to by the majority with the materialistic items they have acquired.

A very very sad future our world has....
a wr that got beaten.
got back my social life... seems to late tho
Attached images
private.JPG
Quote from mrodgers :This thread clearly demonstrates the direction the youth of today is going. A question of "what did you achieve?" is responded to by the majority with the materialistic items they have acquired.

No shit, Captain Obvious!

Here, have this.

On-T: I met my GF. Had a go at driving a bus. A Mercedes Travego, for those interested. Improved my photoshop skills. Had a threesome. Was nais.

- quit my studies (IT)
- found out its not easy to get a decent job with the current crisis going on
- realized your schoolyears really are the best time of ur life
(yep ur parents are right)
- started playing lfs again in september/october (after 14months of forgetting completely about it)
- discovered league races in lfs
- got invited into an lfs team with who i had some great races so far
- and last but not least: got a gf again (its been waayyy too long)
Techincally it was already in 2009, but for me the new year doesnt start untill u wake up with a hangover ;\
Quote from Fastwalker :
Techincally it was already in 2009, but for me the new year doesnt start untill u wake up with a hangover ;\

I agree.
Quote from Fastwalker :
- found out its not easy to get a decent job with the current crisis going on
- realized your schoolyears really are the best time of ur life

you always realize too late
well 2008 was a nice year for me, maybe even the best ever.

- finally had some luck with girls

- finished my civil service as a housekeeper in the Kindergarten:checkered

- spent a week in Taizé with some old friends

- went to the Hurricane Festival the first time

- visited Australia for three weeks

- had my ten weeks industrial placement at Continental

- got my own car

- and I got accepted by all universities I applied, surprised me

And now I'm studying and don't know how to manage everything, or even if I took the right choice I won't have much time for everything else (LFS, friends etc), feel quite depressed
Quote from th84 :I wish I could go back to the debt that I had at your age.

Stay single for as long as you can.

Hahah, don't worry. I'm definatly doing that >_<;
what did i achieve?
Moved from Scotland to france
I got myself a Great Girlfriend :lovies3d:
I got myself a car and i managed to pass my driving license 2nd time round.
Got a 6 pack.
Got a broken ankle playing Rugby
Met some wonderful new friends
Got banned from my local shop :doh:
Got a well paid job
Lost my virginity

Thats all i suppose
Lets just say dont go into a shop when ur drunk
2008 was a great year for me.

-Experienced the tough part of the adult life
-Left Madeira for the first time in 13 years
-FINALLY Bought S2, 6 years after DEMOing (yes, 6 g*d damn years! 1-2-3-4-5-6 years!)
-Experienced the good side of the British life
-Bought a G25, a graphics card, a memory card, a set of wireless keyboard and mouse, bought a mp3 = Became more modern after an old-school life
-Made new friends
-Experienced the good and bad sides of the online world
-Pulled the biggest prank of my life (by accident)
-Experienced the real freedom (used to be quite shy)

Let's hope better things for 2009.
Quote from mrodgers :This thread clearly demonstrates the direction the youth of today is going. A question of "what did you achieve?" is responded to by the majority with the materialistic items they have acquired.

You are getting "a bit" annoying with your broken record of "everything was so much better in the old days, everything today sucks", though.

Actually, after reading the replies again: Where is the majority of replies that consist of materialistic items? Because I don't see that.
Quote from zeugnimod :You are getting "a bit" annoying with your broken record of "everything was so much better in the old days, everything today sucks", though.

Actually, after reading the replies again: Where is the majority of replies that consist of materialistic items? Because I don't see that.

I think he was talking about him:

Quote from Chavm481 : i got 3 ps3's more tv's... lfs s2 lisenced, new pc, drivers permit, drifting master, and not much...

And I fully agree with mrodgers
Quote from hrtburnout :I think he was talking about him:

And I fully agree with mrodgers

Doesn't look like that to me.

I hate all the "back in my day". There are some twatty youths, but the majority of the ones we have on teh forumz are pretty good... generally.

Most of the 'youth problem' is out on the street, where the hoodie wearing lowered Citroen Saxo driving tosser causes problems for most normal people.
2nd best exam results in school ^_^ what else... oh biggest failure in life! May the fail be with me!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Most of the 'youth problem' is out on the street, where the hoodie wearing lowered Citroen Saxo driving tosser causes problems for most normal people.

So true! even worse if you have long hair and listen to metal (like me )
It's even worse if you haven't got hair and you listen to true metal (like me!)
Quote :Actually, after reading the replies again: Where is the majority of replies that consist of materialistic items? Because I don't see that.

Quote :
-went to france a few times (woo)
-got a ps3 (woo)
-became S2 licenced(woo!)
I bought LFS S2.
Upgraded my pc a couple of times.
Hmmm... Got my car painted.
- Bought a decent desktop.
- Bought a laptop
i did buy Dust To Glory the movie
OH. i got an iPOD nano.
i got 3 ps3's
more tv's...
lfs s2 lisenced
new pc
drifting master
-FINALLY Bought S2, 6 years after DEMOing
-Bought a G25
a graphics card
a memory card
a set of wireless keyboard and mouse
bought a mp3

Quite a list of "achievements".

Whoohoo! I bought stuff! I am king now!

Quote from hrtburnout :And I fully agree with mrodgers

This is what happens when parents think that love and upbringing can be purchased. What is everyone going to do when they realize that everything isn't just handed to them? The "what I got for Christmas" threads in the past few weeks on just about every forum out there is ridiculous. Just a bunch of spoiled kids being brought up in the world today.
You sound like a miserable git that got nothing when you were younger. What difference is it to you what someone half-way around the world got? It made them happy and that's all that matters..

Maybe to some people, they have to be materialistic because they don't have anything else to spend money on. (Me for example. I'd rather spend £500 on my bike then buy people presents for Christmas because my family has gone to shit)

If someone thinks that getting their car painted is an achievement, who are you to judge that? Maybe it's something they've wanted to do for ages. Unless your idea of achievements is "making out with some girl under a tree for the first time" and "went to Switzerland to see my long lost grandfather that smells of piss", why don't you lighten up and let people enjoy themselves.
I achieved that I am 16 and ruin my PC so I can't play LFS anymore (gonna reinstall Windows XPeieceofshit)

2008 - what did you achieve?
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG